Another Oak H Blunder

foster1662

TB Lurker
Credits
blun⋅der   /ˈblʌndər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [bluhn-der] Show IPA
–noun 1. a gross, stupid, or careless mistake: That's your second blunder this morning.

–verb (used without object) 2. to move or act blindly, stupidly, or without direction or steady guidance.

3. to make a gross or stupid mistake, esp. through carelessness or mental confusion.

http://oakharborteamsters.com/docs/03-20-09_Letter-to-Messenger-re-OakHarborCases.pdf:clap:

blun⋅der   /ˈblʌndər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [bluhn-der] Show IPA
–noun 1. a gross, stupid, or careless mistake: That's your second blunder this morning.

–verb (used without object) 2. to move or act blindly, stupidly, or without direction or steady guidance.

3. to make a gross or stupid mistake, esp. through carelessness or mental confusion.

http://oakharborteamsters.com/docs/03-20-09_Letter-to-Messenger-re-OakHarborCases.pdf:clap:
Since they allowed these people to pass around petitions on company time (against lawful practice) it is good to see that the labor board sees that they have once again stepped on their peepees. We thought we might have lossed but it looks like if we just wait for this to run its course we will see that the VP's have lost. I really feel what a shame. This used to be a great company to to work for. If you wanted it done OHFL was the company to help you out. Now they are so hell bent on screwing the employees they have no respect. I know for a fact that a tm & sales manager went into a place and asked "what do we have to do to get the business back (20 to 30 bills a day)" and they were told have a signed contract. What will it take?

oakh=yrc=companies killed by the union. good luck!!

Sorry I do not agree with this post

Ohfl+teamsters=teamsters, we are not yrc, there are no terminals to combine. All there is for the company to accept the fact that the teamsters are not going away quietly. WE ARE HERE TO STAY UNTIL YOU GIVE US A CONTRACT!

Big Willie=non union= jump, how hi boss. LOL

And why is that funny? Doing what you are told by your boss is a funny premise?? Unbelievable. Be proud of your self ltl1, in your world, you apparently can do what you want and not jump when your boss says so and expect a continuing paycheck.

And why is that funny? Doing what you are told by your boss is a funny premise?? Unbelievable. Be proud of your self ltl1, in your world, you apparently can do what you want and not jump when your boss says so and expect a continuing paycheck.

No simply don't have to do the unreasonable, with out any protection. I guess you would rather go back to the days of slavery? We all have to do thing that we don't want to in life. The anti-union / pro comapny bs is getting real old. They keep forgetting what brought the union about in the first place, and insist on standing up for what caused the birth of the union in the first place. Unfair labor acts, greedy company owners, and mistretment of employees. I guess these individuals are wanting the old days back.

No simply don't have to do the unreasonable, with out any protection. I guess you would rather go back to the days of slavery? We all have to do thing that we don't want to in life. The anti-union / pro comapny bs is getting real old. They keep forgetting what brought the union about in the first place, and insist on standing up for what caused the birth of the union in the first place. Unfair labor acts, greedy company owners, and mistretment of employees. I guess these individuals are wanting the old days back.

Safety brought the unions on. Unfair treatment of workers was NOT wages or pensions or health care contributions. Long hours, no breaks, unsafe conditions and accountability brought the unions on. Now we have OSHA, NLRB, FMCSA and a host of other guiding departments that make unions obsolete. Wrong argument to talk about why unions were created. Prove to me why they still exist? Oh wait, becasue they can make money off the backs of the employees; oops I mean brothers.

And greedy company owners? You sound greedy. They built a business, they deserve the lions share of the profit.

Talk about brainwashed... sheesh. The teamster mentality is brainwashing to believe that the teamsters only care about as long as you pay your dues. They are the company that is only interested in making money. You striking, justifies their existance. They WANT you to strike. They NEED you to strike. How about you negotiate better wages to stand on the picket line. Were the teamsters paying you mileage to follow trucks?

It's public information to look up teamster officers salary. Do your self a favor and take a look at how much the average Organizer, or BA makes. Compared to what you make... Who's overpaid? who is there convincing you to walk out and not get paid? Your BA is still making his or her income while you suffer.

Sorry I do not agree with this post

Ohfl+teamsters=teamsters, we are not yrc, there are no terminals to combine. All there is for the company to accept the fact that the teamsters are not going away quietly. WE ARE HERE TO STAY UNTIL YOU GIVE US A CONTRACT!

Then will you go away for good????

These comments appear to portray the Union as God himself. You people are some sad poorly led individuals if you think slavery is gone because of organized crime. God help us all! Think about what you just said. Also, please advise where you were educated so I can make sure my decendents avoid it. And by the way, the anti company bs is real old. Go get a job if you can people.

These comments appear to portray the Union as God himself. You people are some sad poorly led individuals if you think slavery is gone because of organized crime. God help us all! Think about what you just said. Also, please advise where you were educated so I can make sure my decendents avoid it. And by the way, the anti company bs is real old. Go get a job if you can people.

Technically speaking. It is a failure of management to respond to the needs of its workers that is the issue here. Maybe if the little boys would have learned something from their daddy before putting on their Big Boy Pants, this situation would not have developed.:popcorn::popcorn:

Safety brought the unions on. Unfair treatment of workers was NOT wages or pensions or health care contributions. Long hours, no breaks, unsafe conditions and accountability brought the unions on. Now we have OSHA, NLRB, FMCSA and a host of other guiding departments that make unions obsolete. Wrong argument to talk about why unions were created. Prove to me why they still exist? Oh wait, becasue they can make money off the backs of the employees; oops I mean brothers.

And greedy company owners? You sound greedy. They built a business, they deserve the lions share of the profit.

Talk about brainwashed... sheesh. The teamster mentality is brainwashing to believe that the teamsters only care about as long as you pay your dues. They are the company that is only interested in making money. You striking, justifies their existance. They WANT you to strike. They NEED you to strike. How about you negotiate better wages to stand on the picket line. Were the teamsters paying you mileage to follow trucks?

It's public information to look up teamster officers salary. Do your self a favor and take a look at how much the average Organizer, or BA makes. Compared to what you make... Who's overpaid? who is there convincing you to walk out and not get paid? Your BA is still making his or her income while you suffer.
No they didn't pay us mileage to follow the trucks, they paid us mileage to follow the freight! Find out the facts first before you start you ranting!

No they didn't pay us mileage to follow the trucks, they paid us mileage to follow the freight! Find out the facts first before you start you ranting!

You're arguing with me over tthe phrase I used?? OK...

My question was posed to ask the facts. So How can I find out the facts without asking the question? So to rephrase, so you are pleased with the question..

Did the Union pay you mileage to follow the freight, that was on the trucks?

Thanks for contributing to the conversation :duh:

Sorry you don't like the truth tripper. I guess you are fearful of what is going to happen if the company actually agrees to come to a FAIR agreement. Which I think you are safe in that matter. The two spoiled brats would rather loose the company, and close the doors than be FAIR about it! Then your well placed company loyalty will be serving you real well. No the Union is not god, and there was no metion of organized crime what so ever(typical joke harbor management adding in what ever makes their story sound better). How ever since we are just adding in things to make our arguments sound better (the UNION ARMY did win the war on slavery)!!! See the union, and the union army really have nothing in common (other than fighting for what is right), See compnay man any one can put a spin on things with nothing in common, and change the aspect of the statement. Ooops sorry were you able to follow that , or is that above joak harbor management education level?
One other thing tripper I do have a job, and it is with in the ranks, if the spoined brats don't want to play fair then neither will I. Notes, notes, and more notes. Keep my mouth shut, document everything, and let the legal system handle it. It should rove to be a nice little nest egg on my way out.:nutkick:

Sorry you don't like the truth tripper. I guess you are fearful of what is going to happen if the company actually agrees to come to a FAIR agreement. Which I think you are safe in that matter. The two spoiled brats would rather loose the company, and close the doors than be FAIR about it! Then your well placed company loyalty will be serving you real well. No the Union is not god, and there was no metion of organized crime what so ever(typical joke harbor management adding in what ever makes their story sound better). How ever since we are just adding in things to make our arguments sound better (the UNION ARMY did win the war on slavery)!!! See the union, and the union army really have nothing in common (other than fighting for what is right), See compnay man any one can put a spin on things with nothing in common, and change the aspect of the statement. Ooops sorry were you able to follow that , or is that above joak harbor management education level?
One other thing tripper I do have a job, and it is with in the ranks, if the spoined brats don't want to play fair then neither will I. Notes, notes, and more notes. Keep my mouth shut, document everything, and let the legal system handle it. It should rove to be a nice little nest egg on my way out.:nutkick:

You have been brained washed by the evil teamsters. They are not in the right they are evil and everything they touch is destroyed run away while you still have a chance. Poor sucker.

You have been brained washed by the evil teamsters. They are not in the right they are evil and everything they touch is destroyed run away while you still have a chance. Poor sucker.

Yeah, okay.... mt pension is better off than your company 401k that I promise. The Teamsters are right, and will prevail one way or another. So all you company :butt kiss: just keep on trying to convince us "real" teamsters of how good all the substandard crap the company is trying to shove down our throats, it isn't going to work. How ever I will say this yes-man start looking for another job because the one you have now will be short term.:loser:
The spoiled brats will loose this war, even if they have to close the doors. They do not care about you or any one else except themselves, and with attitudes such as theirs they do not belong in busuness.

Yeah, okay.... mt pension is better off than your company 401k that I promise. The Teamsters are right, and will prevail one way or another. So all you company :butt kiss: just keep on trying to convince us "real" teamsters of how good all the substandard crap the company is trying to shove down our throats, it isn't going to work. How ever I will say this yes-man start looking for another job because the one you have now will be short term.:loser:
The spoiled brats will loose this war, even if they have to close the doors. They do not care about you or any one else except themselves, and with attitudes such as theirs they do not belong in busuness.

Actually you are right the 'Real Teamsters' will prevail, but not because they are right about anything or truly care for the working people who they represent, they could care less about you... is because the "real Teamsters are monsters and cowards and deal in anything that is illegal. They bully, intimidate, lie, beat up anyone that does not agree with them and even murder. Their history speaks for itself. The upper loops that represent you make more money than you even when you are working. When you are on strike you don't get paid much, you could not survive on what you get from the "Real Teamsters Union" But the upper crust who represent you are always getting a big salary.
The teamsters are a big joke and so is everything they stand for...

And they are not needed or wanted. I feel sorry for you because you have been so brainwashed.

This man is not going anywhere. Oh and JEALOUSY just does not become you. The VP's are not spoiled brats, but real men with good hearts and good values. Sure can't say that about the "real teamsters" Get a life will you.

The VP's are not spoiled brats, but real men with good hearts and good values.

Well it's nice to see you post your own thoughts even though they are not accurate.

Possibly you can share some of the things you have seen first hand regarding the VP's "good hearts and good values". How's Eds boat? tell us that story so we all know about "GOOD VALUES":loser:

You're arguing with me over tthe phrase I used?? OK...

My question was posed to ask the facts. So How can I find out the facts without asking the question? So to rephrase, so you are pleased with the question..

Did the Union pay you mileage to follow the freight, that was on the trucks?

Thanks for contributing to the conversation :duh:

Yes they paid to follow the freight so we could make the customers aware that were still using ohfl of the companies unfair labor practices.