Anti-union propaganda in LA?

So his opinion is that he works for a good company, and he is proud of that. My opinion is that his company is a greedy anti-union company. So a difference of opinion does exist, as you can see. And my avatar is an expression of that difference of opinion. Nothing more, the only way it could be considered offensive not based on opinions regarding Oak Harbor is if the offence is taken strictly in the imagery such as Calvin’s naked butt.

So you have made no point here. BTW I do not work for this company.

What does calvins a$$ have to do with him peeing on the companies trademark? And I also apoligize if I offended you by saying you work for this company.

What does calvins a$$ have to do with him peeing on the companies trademark? And I also apoligize if I offended you by saying you work for this company.

Nothing at all. Thats my point. If somone is offended by the buttocks then that is a legitimate beef(like nudity on TV), if someone is offended by the OHFL moniker beeing peed on that is a matter of opinion. Maby I am not articulating my point effectivly, but I thought I pretty much covered it in the last post.

CCX is now Conway Freight, I guess we could call it CF for short. All their equipment is set up the same way, and has the same kind of ID numbers, and their HQ is in the same building as the former CF. On pensions; Conway has none. I do believe that employees are also required to pay a portion of their medical of which I doubt is as all inclusive as the Teamsters medical benefits. So to say that Conway is on a level playing field is not a very accurate assumption.

FedEx West has a pension plan and I have heard of wages that exceed that of master freight on these boards, good for them! I am happy to see these guys get treated well, and paid fairly. Its good companies like this and us union guys that keep our wages up, and our benifits strong, basicly preserving the American dream for a middle class that has been left behind by our elected officails.

Nothing at all. Thats my point. If somone is offended by the buttocks then that is a legitimate beef(like nudity on TV), if someone is offended by the OHFL moniker beeing peed on that is a matter of opinion. Maby I am not articulating my point effectivly, but I thought I pretty much covered it in the last post.

CCX is now Conway Freight, I guess we could call it CF for short. All their equipment is set up the same way, and has the same kind of ID numbers, and their HQ is in the same building as the former CF. On pensions; Conway has none. I do believe that employees are also required to pay a portion of their medical of which I doubt is as all inclusive as the Teamsters medical benefits. So to say that Conway is on a level playing field is not a very accurate assumption.

FedEx West has a pension plan and I have heard of wages that exceed that of master freight on these boards, good for them! I am happy to see these guys get treated well, and paid fairly. Its good companies like this and us union guys that keep our wages up, and our benifits strong, basicly preserving the American dream for a middle class that has been left behind by our elected officails.

First of all , CCX does have a pention plan, as a matter of fact it is in the transitioning state. Those who have had it prior to 2007 will continue to have it , Those hired thereafter will have a 401K instead along with contributions made.

When I speak of a level playing field, I speak of monies and benifits. The out of pocket expense for Ins. and other bennies for the two NON UNION entities we have mentioned is a bit more in comparison too the teamsters dues , I agree with that , working for UPSF , in comparison to the teamster's, $120.00 more per month.

As far as I am concearned, and I am sure alot of others will agree ,this is a very little price too pay in respect too making $72,000 Per year.

In referrance to what INS. policies cover, and the bennies we have for this little price, that is $120.00 per month more expensive then the teamster's dues , we have LONG TERM, SHORT TERM disability , SUPPLIMENTAL INS. FOR MYSELF AND THE FAMILY, ACCIDENTAL DEATH INS.FOR MYSELF AS WELL AS THE FAMILY, @ NO ADDITIONAL COST TO ME, A PENTION 100% FUNDED AND A 401k MATCHED WITH STOCK @ THE EQUIVILENT OF 8% CONTRIBUTION PER QUARTER, LAWYER INS. CANCER INS. AS A SUPPLIMENT TOO THE MEDICAL PLAN THAT PRETTY MUCH COVERS EVERYTHING. VISION, DENTAL, BOTH AT NO EXTRA COSTS TO ME.And a few other's I do not recall at this point.

Conway , and fedex ,both have pretty much the same lineup, with overtime after 8. And with that being said, it makes them quite the attractive alternatives too work for In comparison to a Teamster co.. And considering the fact UPSF is in the midst of becomming Teamster's currently, I see being on both sides of the fence, the Teamster's has very little more to offer except protection, and Overtime after 8 and assorted work rules we do not have currently.

Lets be honest , the Teamster's are being Overwhelmed by non union companies, That can practice work rules and manage them effectivly. And offer quite close to what the Teamster's is currently offering in regaurds to monies and benifits. I can also say if it were not for UPS contributing over 60% to the teamsters pention fund, the teamsters would be no longer, considering the deficit of contributors too the plan scince deregulation.

As far as your avatar, It would seem to me if I were posting on this board being an employee of this company , it would be offensive seeing this considering the fact you do not work for them #1, and #2, the odasity of a person too post such a thing and act as if though it is not a irresponsible prescription for a negative response.

First of all , CCX does have a pention plan, as a matter of fact it is in the transitioning state. Those who have had it prior to 2007 will continue to have it , Those hired thereafter will have a 401K instead along with contributions made.

When I speak of a level playing field, I speak of monies and benifits. The out of pocket expense for Ins. and other bennies for the two NON UNION entities we have mentioned is a bit more in comparison too the teamsters dues , I agree with that , working for UPSF , in comparison to the teamster's, $120.00 more per month.

As far as I am concearned, and I am sure alot of others will agree ,this is a very little price too pay in respect too making $72,000 Per year.

In referrance to what INS. policies cover, and the bennies we have for this little price, that is $120.00 per month more expensive then the teamster's dues , we have LONG TERM, SHORT TERM disability , SUPPLIMENTAL INS. FOR MYSELF AND THE FAMILY, ACCIDENTAL DEATH INS.FOR MYSELF AS WELL AS THE FAMILY, @ NO ADDITIONAL COST TO ME, A PENTION 100% FUNDED AND A 401k MATCHED WITH STOCK @ THE EQUIVILENT OF 8% CONTRIBUTION PER QUARTER, LAWYER INS. CANCER INS. AS A SUPPLIMENT TOO THE MEDICAL PLAN THAT PRETTY MUCH COVERS EVERYTHING. VISION, DENTAL, BOTH AT NO EXTRA COSTS TO ME.And a few other's I do not recall at this point.

Conway , and fedex ,both have pretty much the same lineup, with overtime after 8. And with that being said, it makes them quite the attractive alternatives too work for In comparison to a Teamster co.. And considering the fact UPSF is in the midst of becomming Teamster's currently, I see being on both sides of the fence, the Teamster's has very little more to offer except protection, and Overtime after 8 and assorted work rules we do not have currently.

Lets be honest , the Teamster's are being Overwhelmed by non union companies, That can practice work rules and manage them effectivly. And offer quite close to what the Teamster's is currently offering in regaurds to monies and benifits. I can also say if it were not for UPS contributing over 60% to the teamsters pention fund, the teamsters would be no longer, considering the deficit of contributors too the plan scince deregulation.

As far as your avatar, It would seem to me if I were posting on this board being an employee of this company , it would be offensive seeing this considering the fact you do not work for them #1, and #2, the odasity of a person too post such a thing and act as if though it is not a irresponsible prescription for a negative response.

CCX is now Con-Way, as they demonstrated recently they can do what they want, like nix pensions. Don't you think that is kind of a bad deal for the new guys? The whole I get a pension and my co worker that does the same job as me does not thing doesn’t sit to well with me.

So now you pay $180 a month for insurance, if as you seem to feel, the Teamsters are doomed do you not expect to see that increase after we are gone? Don't you realize the very things you are rattling off are only there for you as long as there is a threat of organizing. Once that threat is gone what do you think will happen to your benefits?

Our pension contribution is $4.50 an hour I seriously doubt you’re now defunked Con-way pension matches anywhere near that. I am not going to waste my time bragging about my benefits, I think most everyone that reads here knows that union benefits exceed non union benefits. What’s with the CAPS it’s yelling, it’s rude.

FedEx is a better company than Conway. Conway is canceling pensions FedEx is adding them. FedEx is building terminals and increasing capacity Conway is not. Conway was handed CF's business when they went under, and should be the largest LTL carrier in existence now, they are not. If Conway is doing so great why are they canceling their pensions?

Yeah very little to offer lets see, 120X12 $1440 a year in medical alone. Job protections who needs those as long as you plan on never making a mistake or getting too old to do your job quickly?

Our pensions are multi employer plans and are controlled by the companies and the Teamsters, some of the plans Central States for instance are in real bad shape. Western States teamster pension is rated among the top ten pensions in the country.

Your right! I think I will change my avatar....

CCX is now Con-Way, as they demonstrated recently they can do what they want, like nix pensions. Don't you think that is kind of a bad deal for the new guys? The whole I get a pension and my co worker that does the same job as me does not thing doesn’t sit to well with me.

So now you pay $180 a month for insurance, if as you seem to feel, the Teamsters are doomed do you not expect to see that increase after we are gone? Don't you realize the very things you are rattling off are only there for you as long as there is a threat of organizing. Once that threat is gone what do you think will happen to your benefits?

Our pension contribution is $4.50 an hour I seriously doubt you’re now defunked Con-way pension matches anywhere near that. I am not going to waste my time bragging about my benefits, I think most everyone that reads here knows that union benefits exceed non union benefits. What’s with the CAPS it’s yelling, it’s rude.

FedEx is a better company than Conway. Conway is canceling pensions FedEx is adding them. FedEx is building terminals and increasing capacity Conway is not. Conway was handed CF's business when they went under, and should be the largest LTL carrier in existence now, they are not. If Conway is doing so great why are they canceling their pensions?

Yeah very little to offer lets see, 120X12 $1440 a year in medical alone. Job protections who needs those as long as you plan on never making a mistake or getting too old to do your job quickly?

Our pensions are multi employer plans and are controlled by the companies and the Teamsters, some of the plans Central States for instance are in real bad shape. Western States teamster pension is rated among the top ten pensions in the country.

Your right! I think I will change my avatar....

No,, actually I was not insinuating you should change the avatar, please, I was trying too come through with the fact that ,I can see in practice how it could be offensive.

And what you are saying about the threat of organization, is 100% correct. But for a person on a ground level position knowing if he inturn applies to a teamster co. he (or) she, will have too wait for someone too die ,retire or get fired. in order for them to get ahead.

I will not argue the Teamster benefits, are they better in comparison, they are , but certainly do not blow people away.

And I also apoligize for the caps, I was'nt trying to be rude, it was jammed ,and I had a point to make.:hysterical:

About Conway and CF , I will agree with your statement, and the end result of bad managing has put CNF into a position of liquidating it's surrounding companies, I inturn feel sorry for the people who is feeling the aftermath.

With all being said , again I am sorry for the caps thing, I should have realized what I was doing and fixed then.

The central states plan by the way is not without rebound, let's hope the guy's in those states get what they deserve.

Your caps were jammed :poster_oops:

I wouldn't know about waiting as a casual, so I guess I am kind of ignorant to the fact that in some places it is extremely hard to get hired on at a Master freight company. I got hired two years ago at Yellow and now I am 115 on a 150 man board. I have worked ltl for about eight years, in that time I have never been layed off, when I worked at Oak Harbor we didn't even get layed off after 9/11.

Here are the contribution rates from the Yellow handbook.

Health, Welfare and pension payment--$420 weekly $21,840 annually.

Fringe expenses (vacation, holiday, absences)-- $135 weekly $7,020 annually.

Social Security match-- $85 weekly $4,420 annually.

Average worker compensation-- 70 weekly 3,640 annually.

Total-- $710 weekly $36,920 annually

On top of that, good management and strong work rules make Yellow a great place to work monetary issues aside.

I guess my point is our strength is in numbers, if we could all work together we can have a greater positive impact on our own lives. As non-union companies grow and union company’s growth stagnates the balance of power shifts and we lose the ability to raise the bar. Also facing issues of Mexican trucks, and a North American superhighway we don't have the power to shut down commerce like the ports do. If all LTL companies were united we could all work together to make our point. If we do it on our own we only further damage the few great companies left.

Your caps were jammed :poster_oops:

I wouldn't know about waiting as a casual, so I guess I am kind of ignorant to the fact that in some places it is extremely hard to get hired on at a Master freight company. I got hired two years ago at Yellow and now I am 115 on a 150 man board. I have worked ltl for about eight years, in that time I have never been layed off, when I worked at Oak Harbor we didn't even get layed off after 9/11.

Here are the contribution rates from the Yellow handbook.

Health, Welfare and pension payment--$420 weekly $21,840 annually.

Fringe expenses (vacation, holiday, absences)-- $135 weekly $7,020 annually.

Social Security match-- $85 weekly $4,420 annually.

Average worker compensation-- 70 weekly 3,640 annually.

Total-- $710 weekly $36,920 annually

On top of that, good management and strong work rules make Yellow a great place to work monetary issues aside.

I guess my point is our strength is in numbers, if we could all work together we can have a greater positive impact on our own lives. As non-union companies grow and union company’s growth stagnates the balance of power shifts and we lose the ability to raise the bar. Also facing issues of Mexican trucks, and a North American superhighway we don't have the power to shut down commerce like the ports do. If all LTL companies were united we could all work together to make our point. If we do it on our own we only further damage the few great companies left.

So you did have a personal agenda after all...:hysterical: :hysterical: with the avatar.

I cannot argue with what you are saying,
companies on a regular basis railroad people on a regular basis.

Work rules within the system endevor to become more and more uncomprimising to the ground floor personnell, it inturn sickens me too see someone paying $100.00 a week towards INS.And there is alot of it going around, it is almost as if though there was a new page bieng turned in business ethics.

Unfortunatly most people walk around in oblivion at the work place allowing things to get repulsive for the simple fact that no one stick's together.

Unfortunatly it is the ground floor high paying jobs, that is virtually localized and cannot be moved overseas that the Teamster's and unions alike can flourish in . It is a sad state of affairs without doubt.

friend of the frog (NOT)

Friend of the frog do you ever think about your line drivers,they are aways on the road no matter the weather working routinely 12-14 hr. nights in weather you wouln't drive your car in, away from home missing birthdays, anniversary, school functions with their children, do you consistantly tell your children that you cant be their for them, i think not try living the life of a driver, then see how appreciated you feel.

"...I guess my point is our strength is in numbers, if we could all work together we can have a greater positive impact on our own lives. As non-union companies grow and union company’s growth stagnates the balance of power shifts and we lose the ability to raise the bar. Also facing issues of Mexican trucks, and a North American superhighway we don't have the power to shut down commerce like the ports do. If all LTL companies were united we could all work together to make our point. If we do it on our own we only further damage the few great companies left..."

Those are some excellent points, brother.

Too many in our society seem apathetic about the watering-down of our wages, our benefits and our work protections.

They say, "Well, granted, we aren't union, but we're almost as good as union...". In large part the reason why FXF and Con-Way Freight have the benefits they do is because of the union influence. They have to stay close to the union standard to keep the union at bay.

But as these non-unions grow in market share and as union carriers decline, this influence wanes. Carry this to it's logical end, and you will see a day when there could possibly be little or no union presence in LTL.

What happens to your benefits then? Your wages? Work rule protections like seniority?

And by then it will be too late, and I'm not saying that in a specious way. Because if you think if things start going sideways at that point that you can simply go knocking on the union's door, think again. Because whatever leverage the union may have once had to organize inside of this industry will likely have evaporated by then.

Doom and gloom?

Perhaps.

But I am still amazed at what people will put up with before they finally wake up and start fighting for themselves and their own families.

Where is the line when YOU will say, "Enough is enough"?

Read a little history, and see what our grandfathers and great-grandfathers (not to mention our grandmothers and great-grandmothers) had to go through in this country in the latter half of the Nineteenth century into the mid-Twentieth century. A stop to child labor. The eight-hour workday. Worker safety laws. On and on and on...

I wonder how they might judge their descendant's performance in regards to fighting for social change and workplace issues?

Anyone who thinks that unions aren't needed anymore or have become outmoded in this Great New Age has lost sight of where we came from, and more importantly, where we are going...

A few quotes come to mind. Read... and ponder:

"Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it" - George Santayana (paraphrased)

"Nothing strengthens authority as much as silence." - Leonardo da Vinci

"Power concedes nothing without a demand; it never has and it never will." - Frederick Douglass

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Never forget, people DIED for the eight hour workday." - [FONT=arial, helvetica]Rebecca Gordon[/FONT]

"The workers of this country do not worry me. I can hire one half to kill the other half." -[FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica] J.P. Morgan[/FONT]

"The labor movement means just this: It is the last noble protest of the American people against the power of incorporated wealth." - Wendell Phillips

"No business which depends for existence on paying less than living wages to its workers has any right to continue in this country. By living wages I mean more than a bare subsistence level --I mean the wages of decent living." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When fewer workers have unions, the standard of living falls for everyone and the gap between the rich and poor grows." - John Sweeney, AFL-CIO President (2003)

"You are never strong enough that you don't need help." - Cesar Chavez, American Farm Workers Union

"The superior person understands rightness; the inferior person understands profit." - Confucius

"Poorly paid labor is inefficient labor, the world over." - Henry George

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein

"An imbalance between rich and poor is the oldest and most fatal ailment of all republics." - Plutarch

And most importantly...

United we fight, divided we beg!

Friend of the frog do you ever think about your line drivers,they are aways on the road no matter the weather working routinely 12-14 hr. nights in weather you wouln't drive your car in, away from home missing birthdays, anniversary, school functions with their children, do you consistantly tell your children that you cant be their for them, i think not try living the life of a driver, then see how appreciated you feel.

What the hell are you talking about ??
You are new and I am confused.

Those are some excellent points, brother.

Too many in our society seem apathetic about the watering-down of our wages, our benefits and our work protections.

They say, "Well, granted, we aren't union, but we're almost as good as union...". In large part the reason why FXF and Con-Way Freight have the benefits they do is because of the union influence. They have to stay close to the union standard to keep the union at bay.

But as these non-unions grow in market share and as union carriers decline, this influence wanes. Carry this to it's logical end, and you will see a day when there could possibly be little or no union presence in LTL.

What happens to your benefits then? Your wages? Work rule protections like seniority?

And by then it will be too late, and I'm not saying that in a specious way. Because if you think if things start going sideways at that point that you can simply go knocking on the union's door, think again. Because whatever leverage the union may have once had to organize inside of this industry will likely have evaporated by then.

Doom and gloom?

Perhaps.

But I am still amazed at what people will put up with before they finally wake up and start fighting for themselves and their own families.

Where is the line when YOU will say, "Enough is enough"?

Read a little history, and see what our grandfathers and great-grandfathers (not to mention our grandmothers and great-grandmothers) had to go through in this country in the latter half of the Nineteenth century into the mid-Twentieth century. A stop to child labor. The eight-hour workday. Worker safety laws. On and on and on...

I wonder how they might judge their descendant's performance in regards to fighting for social change and workplace issues?

Anyone who thinks that unions aren't needed anymore or have become outmoded in this Great New Age has lost sight of where we came from, and more importantly, where we are going...

I agree with what you are saying 100%, We the AMERICANS cannot put up with this travesty, and it is a travesty!!!!

If you follow the wage base for professionalism in the trucking industry alone ,most will see that economically we are one of the lowest paid professionals today by far.

At one time we were compared too plumbers economically and now we earn in the comparison of the two industies, 10-20% less in some instances.

The bottom of this market fell out with deregulation, and allowing free boarder trade and pilot programs like ( MEXICAN TRUCK DRIVERS) The trucking companies will use them for the "Cheaper rates" and the trucking industry as a whole will collapse in america.

Mark these word's, How can a trucking company in america where the average driver earns $20.00 \ HR. W\O bennies compare to a Mexican trucking firm where the average driver top rate is $3.00\HR. (if they are lucky) with no bennies and offers the same service, survive?

Most of these firms in Mexico are driven by American business, this is nothing more then corperate Americas business guru's trying too kill the American economy!!!!!!

The exact same thing we did and are doing with manufacturing abroad.

I agree with what you are saying 100%, We the AMERICANS cannot put up with this travesty, and it is a travesty!!!!

If you follow the wage base for professionalism in the trucking industry alone ,most will see that economically we are one of the lowest paid professionals today by far.

At one time we were compared too plumbers economically and now we earn in the comparison of the two industies, 10-20% less in some instances.

The bottom of this market fell out with deregulation, and allowing free boarder trade and pilot programs like ( MEXICAN TRUCK DRIVERS) The trucking companies will use them for the "Cheaper rates" and the trucking industry as a whole will collapse in america.

Mark these word's, How can a trucking company in america where the average driver earns $20.00 \ HR. W\O bennies compare to a Mexican trucking firm where the average driver top rate is $3.00\HR. (if they are lucky) with no bennies and offers the same service, survive?

Most of these firms in Mexico are driven by American business, this is nothing more then corperate Americas business guru's trying too kill the American economy!!!!!!

The exact same thing we did and are doing with manufacturing abroad.

Accelerator :1036316054:

You need to invest in these American trucking companies that own those Mexican trucking companies in your 401K and or with your after tax money. Instead of wasting all your money filling up your gas tank, just think of all the companies you could own instead.

:smilie_132:

Accelerator :1036316054:

You need to invest in these American trucking companies that own those Mexican trucking companies in your 401K and or with your after tax money. Instead of wasting all your money filling up your gas tank, just think of all the companies you could own instead.

:smilie_132:

I'll bet thier cheap.

davidvp. hats off to you for even comeing on here and speaking, you seem to have at least a open mind, and are at least trying here. i'm from the east coast, new penn motor express, i'm sure you've heard of us. from our begining, EH ARNOLD, the owner had a union company. and over our years of operation, we have been if not the most profitable ltl, at the top of the list, best o/r in the industry, best in claims, and on and on. before the roadway/ yellow deal. so let me say, it's not the or all the union that brings these companys down, or puts them out of business. we are living proof. management has to take reponsablity in that also. on the other hand, before the big buy-out, i can tell you this company did more work and moved more freight with less people than any i know of, the men were treated with respect, but most worked hard to keep us the best in the business. they were proud to work for npme. did more than they had to, worked when it was needed and there was really no bullshit, we were all includeing management working togather for all of us, but yes we were union and under the master freight aggrement.after that strike in 93-94, when i went back in the city, i needed another hand to count the customers that said to me, we didnt even know npme was a union company. management has since changed , additudes have also, we have supervisors with additudes worse than any or as bad as any teamster i have ever met, .it's a constant pissing contest. piles of grevienses, we still are good, but can't help but think how we could really be good if managements additude would'nt have changed. npme doesn't have total control over npme like it used to. men that remeber how to work are retireing, and can't find help, just hireing lots of body's, actually in my opion morons with know kind of work ethic, peroid. i know about your company, because of SHIFTERKNOB, who has taken the time to write it down, and provide news of your company. i see a comparison of your family co. and what npme used to be. while SHIFTERKNOB might seem like your, lets say, enemy, here. from his posts over the years, union or not, he probably cares more for your company than any dozen supervisors you could pick and your biggest non-union terminal combined. i say dont fear the union, these men have a right to decent pay and pension just as you do, they work hard like you do, npme is as flexable as any non-uniom company around, and even though all have tried, they still cant do over-night in the north-east consistantly like us. you still have total control over your company, and while you do listening and working with men like SHIFTERKNOB, who still care , and only want good pay and secure future and retirement, and respect, will benifit you and all of you in the end. if all your energy could be put into working the freight, management and employee's, instead of fighting the union, or each other at this point, think how much freight you left coast guys could really move.
Could you PLEASE use spellcheck? Thank you!

Mr. davidvp

Gee,what happened here,as of right now,today,Nov. 2007 ??? Now you're only matching 7 1/2 %, come Jan.1,2008 !! You figures need a drastic update! Your absolutely right about one thing,though...No guarantees....employees at Verizon,Enron, and many other companies would agree with you 100% !!! There is a much sounder choice here though. That is contributing to the WCT-pension fund for ALL of your employees. With assets of over 9 billion dollars and a fund that is federally insured, it would give "peace of mind" to the "average joe" who is struggling just to stay afloat in these modern times that are eating our pay checks up..... No more sick-leave, buyout of employee's sick leave at 25 cents on the dollar.....What the hell is going on here??? Have we devised a scheme to finance terminal expansion?????:chairshot:

Someone from the Oak Harbor team identified this forum as a possible communication with some of our team who use this regularly.

1. I find it a little difficult to respond because of the tone that I read in this note. I personally would not work for someone or some place that I felt purposely lied to me or to my team. Oak Harbor is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, the leaders of Oak Harbor make mistakes everyday but to purposely lie or mislead, I don't see that, and again personally speaking,I would not work at some place who I felt did that to me or someone on my team.

2. Anit - Union Statements by the Company - there is a process in place for employees who want to be represented by a union. The company is just sharing our feelings that we don't think having a third (3rd) party in between the leaders and the team is a wise thing.

As we have gotten larger in the past many years it is more difficult to communicate to team members thru out five (5) state service terminal network. We are looking at doing three (3) different improvements this year:

1. We have improved our monthly newsletter and mailing it directly to each team member's home.

2. We believe there are many questions that team members have that don't get straight forward answers so we have put two (2) different devices that will help those who want to get real answers:

- [email protected] - an e mail address where one simply asks a question and you will get a response

- 800-285-6254 Ext 10049 for those who don't want to type, you can simply leave a voice mail at that number and someone will get back to you with an answer

3. We hope to come out with a DVDs in the future outline what we are doing and why we are doing what we are doing. The first DVD was basically an introduction, the second one will be on the history, and the third one will be why we expanded the way we did.

David Vander Pol
Co - President
Oak Harbor Freight Lines

David VP on Truckingboards, I figured some of the newer participants here might not have seen these 9 posts by David in early 2007.

At first I was wondering whether it was really him or not, but then I realized all of the 1,2,3 bullet-point explanations. :smilie_132: