FedEx Freight | Any centers losing more runs?

Music Video GIF

I can't understand the logic behind fedex spending tens thousands if not more hiring and training people only to let them sit to run PT.

Guess some college grad came up with this idea. Someone that has never driven a truck or worked at a major hub.

Good luck all. I'm checked out! First good job and I'm gone, but in this economy gonna be later than sooner!
Beatings will continue until morale improves.

I can't understand the logic behind fedex spending tens thousands if not more hiring and training people only to let them sit to run PT.

Guess some college grad came up with this idea. Someone that has never driven a truck or worked at a major hub.

Good luck all. I'm checked out! First good job and I'm gone, but in this economy gonna be later than sooner!
You answered your question in your first sentence.

All just sitting ducks ... the PT and Rail game are going to continue all in the name of it is saving money... When it comes to losing good drivers and the other make up of a network it is not saving money in the long run. Very sad and until people stand up to corporate greed it will never stop. You are not family they don't care anything about you... You are means to make money and treated as such.

So what is going on with the overage on 8 drivers? Are they being furloughed? I’m in the SOEA region as well and we are affected.. hell we’ve been getting hammered with loss of runs for over 8 months now.. we’ve lost a minimum of 18 runs since summer time

So what is going on with the overage on 8 drivers? Are they being furloughed? I’m in the SOEA region as well and we are affected.. hell we’ve been getting hammered with loss of runs for over 8 months now.. we’ve lost a minimum of 18 runs since summer time
They just go to the board. Nobody will be forced to furlough, you’ll just starve or work the dock from what we were told.

This is getting out of hand. Guess I will have to update my resume a bit.. it’s not even about money, or how much invested in here. It’s about how WE are being treated and we don’t have a say.

Why would I want to put any more years somewhere that they don’t care about their workforce
Mine been done awhile! Not because of being at bottom. Hate the constant disregard for employees, woke agenda, and micro management.

Funny how OD, and SAIA stock kicking FEDEX butt!

Mine been done awhile! Not because of being at bottom. Hate the constant disregard for employees, woke agenda, and micro management.
Correct! I am not at the bottom either but of course I get affected in any other way possible. Change of start times, change of runs, from days to nights to getting a phone call that your run was canceled. It just keeps going on and on.

And the worse of this all. Is that when the PT rates go back to example: $2.25/mile they will be crying for drivers. Same ol sob story and I’m just tired of reading it anymore

Correct! I am not at the bottom either but of course I get affected in any other way possible. Change of start times, change of runs, from days to nights to getting a phone call that your run was canceled. It just keeps going on and on.

And the worse of this all. Is that when the PT rates go back to example: $2.25/mile they will be crying for drivers. Same ol sob story and I’m just tired of reading it anymore
Exactly! Hope they can never get a decent driver ever again! From merger, to rail, to this current debacle!

People ask me all the time to help the get on at FedEx, and I say I would rather not. I wouldn't wish that on anyone...

I remember 2014 when they said we are getting away from PT. A driver told a big wig. " Only reason is because PT rates are through the roof! When they go down they'll be back!" Big wig was silent!

Has this been confirmed? Word on the street out of CLT is that if not enough volunteer the starve will just continue. Haven’t heard any news of actual lay offs
What I was told. We have meetings tomorrow. So I'll let you know.

I really don't wanna go because they'll be pushing their stupid narrative again.

Linehaul is our biggest expense! As they whisper that we are a bunch of whiny over paid road drivers. So the dock and city don't have any sympathy for people losing their jobs.

Divide and conquer.....

Last edited:
I got a run tonight... Then I got called 5 minutes later to be told that a driver with more seniorty got cancelled and took it.
What I was told. We have meetings tomorrow. So I'll let you know.

I really don't wanna go because they'll be pushing their stupid narrative again.

We had mandatory meetings on the 15th. I didn't attend, because I wasn't working. I have no idea what was discussed.