Holland | Any Charlotte linehaul drivers?

Keith900629

TB Lurker
Credits
I got all of the paperwork filled out and have to get my drug test on Tuesday. Does anyone drive out of Charlotte? Will I get decent miles out of the gate or will it take time? Do I need doubles? I'm not to concerned about retirement I understand the Teamster's retirement situation. I'm mainly in it for health insurance and decent pay

I got all of the paperwork filled out and have to get my drug test on Tuesday. Does anyone drive out of Charlotte? Will I get decent miles out of the gate or will it take time? Do I need doubles? I'm not to concerned about retirement I understand the Teamster's retirement situation. I'm mainly in it for health insurance and decent pay

You'll get decent miles on the open board. Charlotte is a hub with a big board. Central Dispatch will run your ass off when it's busy. During the slow season, November through March you might sit at home from a day or two a week, to 3 or 4 if really slow. You'll make good money though throughout the rest of the year to compensate. No doubles endorsement needed.

Is it slip seat or do you have a assigned unit? Will I make more than 50k my first year? How long before benefits start?
You will have the opportunity to get an assigned tractor after your 30 day probation. After 30 days you are considered permanent with Teamster Representation and benefits. Don't do anything stupid in the first 30 days. Be careful, do what you're told and you'll be fine. Ask other drivers if you have a question. Good Luck.
I think a guy on here named Rodeo is out of Charlotte. You should make more than 50K your first year.

Everyone running good miles out of Charlotte, short handed in Charlotte,and system wide, you should work steady, good people in Charlotte,

I have a drug test and strength test set up for Tuesday and then meet terminal manager and driving test after results get back. What does the driving test consist of? The only one I have ever taken was bobtail just to make sure I could shift

I have a drug test and strength test set up for Tuesday and then meet terminal manager and driving test after results get back. What does the driving test consist of? The only one I have ever taken was bobtail just to make sure I could shift
Bobtail driving test???? No there will be a trailer involved in this one.

Super 10's and 18 speeds
Am out of charlotte and every thing your looking for is what you will get and maybe a little more. Just remember this you will do it at 62 mph anuff said if you can handle that then your ahead of the race. But trust me it will take a toll on your patience. And there not going to do any thing any time soon with the speed of the trucks

Am out of charlotte and every thing your looking for is what you will get and maybe a little more. Just remember this you will do it at 62 mph anuff said if you can handle that then your ahead of the race. But trust me it will take a toll on your patience. And there not going to do any thing any time soon with the speed of the trucks
As long as I have my xm radio on I can happily cruise at 62 all night long!!

As long as I have my xm radio on I can happily cruise at 62 all night long!!

VIAHLrJ.jpg

I like Joan Jett, whenever one of her songs comes on I start speeding for some reason.

If you like joan jett, you need this channel, she gets played every 3 hours. Usually surrounded by the ramones, jgeils band, buddy holly, alice cooper, otis redding, art conley, kingsmen, etc...

Its sort of like 93 xrt in chicago, but with no commercials

If you like joan jett, you need this channel, she gets played every 3 hours. Usually surrounded by the ramones, jgeils band, buddy holly, alice cooper, otis redding, art conley, kingsmen, etc...

Its sort of like 93 xrt in chicago, but with no commercials
Yeah I checked it out today. I usually listen to classic rewind and classic vinyl. Didnt even realize I had that channel. Good stuff.

Did strength and drug test yesterday and my driving test today!! I haven't driven in 4 months but didn't miss a shift and actually backed straight!! What is everyone using for a radio? I figured id use a Bluetooth speaker and xm app on phone.