Any hobbies, or projects.

I'm lucky enough to only have to work 4 days a week. I like to turn wrenches in my down time. In 2010 I built my dream shop (at least what I could afford). It's a 24' X 50' steel building.

2011-07-19_19-18-14_604_zpskb0tih5r.jpg

2011-08-17_19-25-10_69_zpskej12vh6.jpg

2011-08-19_19-36-30_65_zpsecj1p9rd.jpg

2011-08-23_18-13-23_262_zps5e204fc1.jpg

2013-11-01195315_zpsd59927ae.jpg

2013-02-23160945_zps26ab811b.jpg

After the job is done... the Beer fridge.

2013-02-23161123_zpsb478c6f3.jpg

Guardrail, Got my 24x40x16 put up a few years ago. Sure do like it when it's cold, or able to do stuff, stop, lock it, and it's there when you return.

You guys have more money than I do, where did yas get it all?

You guys have more money than I do, where did yas get it all?

Work.

At a union job.

At a public utility.

Wait for it.

Wait for it.

Wait for it.

OK, now someone will chime in and fault me for being one of those guys who had a "government job" and got paid more than I was worth and stood around leaning on a shovel.

Seriously.

I caught a lot of grief during the 30 years I was a union (IBEW) government (public utility) employee.

Of course I don't do so bad now running for the flatbed outfit hauling bits and pieces of airplane parts either. And of course I was only married once, for a fairly short time (3 1/2 years), have no kids, so I was able to live quite comfortably, and still do.

ABFer, Early lifestyle choices, some were required. Always was tight with my funds and busted my butt, was a single dad of 2, small town America, extended family. Family is up early and goes to bed late. Group/family business besides regular job. Invested well. Paid attention, rolled into money market few months before crashes, pulled out reinvest. Older well maintained vehicles, older home, did own upgrades and maintenance, no toys on interest/payments. Bought needs, not wants. So, 7 years ago when last one went off to college, was able to multiply savings quickly with this lifestyle. Kids learned to work and hit the books, So scholarships and working way through. Taught'm to be independent and be appreciative what they had and give back to others. 1 is finishing specialized cancer treatment med school, other is back, working outside full time and within family business.

Hop
Builds in progress. Turn on radio, beat, cut, weld and rebuild/restore.

My Duce And A Half Looked Like That. :biglaugh:
We Cut The Top Off Of It And Made It A convertible Then put My Welding Equipment In The Back. I Went In The Army As A Mechanic Then Sniffed Out The Gravy Welding position Our battalion Welder Had. When His Enlistment Was Over I Called Mommy And Had Her Send My Certification Papers Down. I Have A Pic Somewhere Of Me Smoking A Joint In The Back Of That Thing With My feet Up In A Lounge Chair At The National Training Center In California. Anyhow, Welding Is My hobby. Like To Ride The Twisty Roads At A High Rate Of Fuel consumption Also. Sometimes I'll Wake Up Early (2Am) And Go For A Ride In The North GA Mountains Just Because

I've been a good boy myself. No marriage=no divorce. No kids and I have worked all my life. Only one job at at time though, no side business and I've always been tight with a dollar. Have bought two new vehicles in my years all others were used with low miles. Most of my repairs I do myself and have a little bit of money invested in the market, didn't get rich but didn't go broke. I do have one bad habit though and it is costly. It is a 1979 Cessna 172. Buying it was cheap compared to keeping it.

Cousin has a Cessna like that. Flew me a couple places. Now that is a costly hobby. It's weird to that it's ok to actually land in the plane you take off in. Probably 90% didn't come down in one. Spent years going up, yet falling out. lol

Jumping has never called to me, if you know what I mean. Flying small plane is as good as it gets for me like golfing must do for those who golf. I seen Racer skinny dipping in the river. He needs to go on a diet but his lady looks good.

Yes, new ones are un ba lievable. An amazing amount of that would be what we call "in the dash" (the avionics panel). $400,000 for that wouldn't surprise me.