Yellow | Any Layoffs At Your YRC facility???

Mango710

Can I Bite Bill Zollars!!
Credits
Noticed in the "Recall" thread that there where posts of layoffs at facilities...got to work today at 309 and found out that they laid off 12 dockman today...where else is this happening, I'm curious to know.:cuss:

just got recalled because of the 25% rule.
Will probably be laid off again after next week. games, games they like to play

just got a call not ten minutes after i posted. Now I'm laid off again. WTF?

653 recalled 9 dock today. One guy was told that he would most likely be laid off again next week........like buck said "games, games they like to play". DS.

how many times you been layed off since merge alone dock ? 8- 9 times .
I guess they think by tossing you a bone once in a while you should be juiced up when you get in and all raaa!!!! raaaaa!!!!!! yrc

Noticed in the "Recall" thread that there where posts of layoffs at facilities...got to work today at 309 and found out that they laid off 12 dockman today...where else is this happening, I'm curious to know.:cuss:
What a week we had at 309, No work , No OT Sun-Thur, A BOMB threat Thursday nite at 10pm, Layoffs Saturday via telephone- the kicker here is when they called to layoff these guys at 4PM, they asked them if they wanted to take the "SOFT LAYOFF", if they said yes they were given a Midnite Sunday start and offered a 2hour early-in....are we slow or are we busy? Sounds like they really didnt need to layoff anyone off does it? Then as word spread, production dropped and they couldnt seem to understand why. The SOM / Lead? whatever his title is, was storming up and down the dock all nite screaming in his radio to get everyone moving!!! we're only running a "1"........DUH...... No new word on closings , reopenings or anything I'll keep you guys posted!

OKC/531 Everyone laid off except #1 (Ricky T).
TM,Ops Mrg,Dock Sups in circle jerk,trying to fig out how to make #'s (BPH,Improve trailer wgt ECT)
#1 (Ricky)(38 YRS) working 90 hrs week 6th &7th day.
Asked about bringing back laid off TM said "GO(General Office) wont let him".
All 5 (TM,OPS Mrg & 3 Dock Sups) standing behind #1 (Ricky) Trying to motivate him,(Offering more Overtime) to get him to work faster.
But good news heat wave over only 99* today.

1 man 90 hours mean by rule they should have to bring back 2 guys . have your BA count those hours up .

1 man 90 hours mean by rule they should have to bring back 2 guys . have your BA count those hours up .

BA said doesnt fit the formula to put anyone back on.
There now trying to get #1 to work more hours because they say we cant get the feight worked.
GO still says no more laid off working.
57 Trailers behind.
3 sups on dock trying to get #1 to work harder after his 60th hr he's only doing 2.3 bills Per Hour.
Their trying to come up with some type of formula to get more production out of him.
At preshift they said he was "Screwing the company and the TM" because he was only doing 2.3 BPH

BS or SARCASM?

OKC/531 Everyone laid off except #1 (Ricky T).
TM,Ops Mrg,Dock Sups in circle jerk,trying to fig out how to make #'s (BPH,Improve trailer wgt ECT)
#1 (Ricky)(38 YRS) working 90 hrs week 6th &7th day.
Asked about bringing back laid off TM said "GO(General Office) wont let him".
All 5 (TM,OPS Mrg & 3 Dock Sups) standing behind #1 (Ricky) Trying to motivate him,(Offering more Overtime) to get him to work faster.
But good news heat wave over only 99* today.
BS or SARCASM Because I know a lot of the East/West Freight that used to come thru Dallas now goes to OKC (Read your local Newspaper they are Hiring for Casual work):stirthepot:

What the real deal in OKC ?

BA said doesnt fit the formula to put anyone back on.
There now trying to get #1 to work more hours because they say we cant get the feight worked.
GO still says no more laid off working.
57 Trailers behind.
3 sups on dock trying to get #1 to work harder after his 60th hr he's only doing 2.3 bills Per Hour.
Their trying to come up with some type of formula to get more production out of him.
At preshift they said he was "Screwing the company and the TM" because he was only doing 2.3 BPH
Casual Dockworker

Source: JobsOK Display

Employer: Yellow Roadway Corp.

Last Updated: 08/14/2010
ShareThis
Please see Job Details for Apply instructions.

Job Description

Click To View YRC

Casual
Dockworker

Yellow Roadway Corp. is currently accepting applications for
Casual Dockworkers. They work on an as needed, on call basis.
This position may require work at night and/or on the weekend.

Requirements: Must be at least 18 years of age, experience
operating forklift & satisfied record of employment. Must pass
physical ability test & Drug screen.

Dockworkers are covered by a labor contract. We offer $14.00/
hour, established work rules & top safety performance. Interested
candidates must apply online at www.yrcw/com/careers

YRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How are they Hiring Casuals and the General Office won't let them work Laid-Off ?
I say we need to move to the BS :poster_oops: I mean Rumor Thread!

not sure if this is it but have heard that many places call down the whole layed off list and no 1 answers so they can then begin hiring casuals

not sure if this is it but have heard that many places call down the whole layed off list and no 1 answers so they can then begin hiring casuals

Thats it 97 laid off no one answering phone:stirthepot: hiring casuals but no one wants to work for us.:tribehasspoken: