ABF | Any new freight?

Now that Fed Ex has dumped 1,400 accounts is ABF seeing any of it? The only account i seen so far at my terminal is Johnson & Johnson. Fed Ex took it off us a few months ago when we were getting 1 or 2 pups a day now its 2-5 vans a day....
Where does that load out of Mt. Top?

We can't handle the freight we have now. Constantly waiting for the dock to get trailers loaded. Lots of new hands. Including the Tm.
There will be many more "new hands" over the next five or so years as the senior workforce here starts retiring. They better get busy with some sort of incentive pay to retain the experience they currently have or this place will only get worse.

There will be many more "new hands" over the next five or so years as the senior workforce here starts retiring. They better get busy with some sort of incentive pay to retain the experience they currently have or this place will only get worse.
Exactly. We have had a lot of guys retire in the last couple of years. I'm sure there are more just waiting.

No new freight at our terminal. Lost 3 guys last 4 months never replaced them and still slow enough guys just working 8.
I had no idea that it was slow anywhere right now. Here at the Rock, you can get early call and shift extension overtime pretty much every day in the dock, city, hostle classifications as well as 6th/7th day offer.

Casuals what’s that? Last guy on the list is in by 8….
A casual is a part time employee. Guaranteed 4 hours when called in, but they usually get 8 hours. Most are college students. It is Article 41, section 2 of the Southern Region Supplement. The good ones usually get a chance to go to a driving school at ABF's expense to become full time. We have at least a dozen that have done this over the last three to four years.

Last edited:
A casual is a part time employee. Guaranteed 4 hours when called in, but they usually get 8 hours. Most are college students. It is Article 41, section 2 of the Southern Region Supplement. The good ones usually get a chance to go to a driving school at ABF's expense to become full time. We have at least a dozen that have done this over the last three to four years.
I’m joking, we can’t find anyone….