ABF | Any new freight?

You mean the ones with the sloping heads like 'ole Bubba likes? They are everywhere in these parts. Problem is, unless you are a bid city driver, you don't get a uniform. And you know what a man in uniform does for the ladies. Overalls and a wife beater t-shirt with tobacco stains on it just don't have the same effect on these girls around here as a uniform does. LOL!!!
Sure is bad when your cousin won't give you a second look!

Problem with that is when they find out they lied to them & work them 12 hours every day they will split after two weeks….
That happened to me ,boss said we do about 8 stops a day , the daily work sheet had 25 lines so i would skip a line between filling out deliveries and the second week i was called in the office and told we cant be skipping lines , the third week i found out why

With those sloping heads, it is so hard to tell the difference sometimes. Usually, the girls have less tobacco stains on their teeth, if they have any teeth. LOL!!!
That reminded my of a song I think Chubby Checker had with lyrics something like "Does your mama 'chaw' tobacco'?
Seriously, I believe in gender equality so if men chew tobacco the feminists should insist that women do likewise.

Would it be worth my while to apply to ABF at age 47? Not sure if I'd get much of a pension when it's my time to go.

Would it be worth my while to apply to ABF at age 47? Not sure if I'd get much of a pension when it's my time to go.
I started at 50. We have hired at 60 before. You need a good driving record, background check and pass a physical. My pension is $114 per month for each year worked so twenty years 2,280 per month. If I retire before twenty years then amount is 75% of that formula.

Yes. ABF. Pension is around 150.00 per year 5 year to be vested . They have hired drivers in there 60,s They like older drivers with good safety records
ABF has hired employees from failed freight lines for years. Age does not matter if they have a good safety record. The company certainly cannot be accused of age discrimination.
A now retired maintenance VP once said it takes 15-20 years experience for a mechanic to gain knowledge of his job.

ABF has hired employees from failed freight lines for years. Age does not matter if they have a good safety record. The company certainly cannot be accused of age discrimination.
A now retired maintenance VP once said it takes 15-20 years experience for a mechanic to gain knowledge of his job.
Plus continued education.

Are there road driver jobs at small terminals that are near the large terminal like 47th street or desplaines Illinois ?
Are there road driver jobs at small terminals that are near the large terminal like 47th street or desplaines Illinois ?
jobs.abf.com is the closest I can point you. Type in the state and it will show all the terminals in the state hiring.

Plus continued education.
I am glad you pointed that out. Every year there is something new on the tractors, usually emission controls or electronic safety features. I did not envision today's trucks when I started working for a freightline. I would have never thought a fault code on a tractor could be diagnosed from a shop hundreds or even thousands of miles away. Or that an onboard camera could be accessed from the same distance. An old brain doesn't process new advancements well but I enjoy attempting to do so.