XPO | Any other terminals swamped ?

We are extremely busy. How about other terminals ?
More going out then coming in. Upped our LH with 3 more and still have via drivers coming thru. I only came home with loads once last week running via's almost every night. Atleast 3 to 4 drivers per day bring empties home.
Last time I was at you place it look like this
IMG_20221018_223529378.md.jpeg IMG_20221018_223506743.md.jpeg

We’re getting behind again . Very busy. Docked looked like that for less than a week now OS&d is a 1/3 rd of the dock again.
Upper management allowed us to use cartridge and drovers from other terminals for a while but now we can’t have any. We Are short handed all the time.
They changed nothing to insure we wouldn’t get behind again .

Last edited:
We’re getting behind again . Very busy. Docked looked like that for less than a week now OS&d is a 1/3 rd of the dock again.
Upper management allowed us to use cartridge and drovers from other terminals for a while but now we can’t have any. We Are short handed all the time.
Cartridge and drovers? What are those?

We requested 4 drivers from other terminals today. We had 15 runs uncovered . Most drivers are doing two runs.

More going out then coming in. Upped our LH with 3 more and still have via drivers coming thru. I only came home with loads once last week running via's almost every night. Atleast 3 to 4 drivers per day bring empties home.
Last time I was at you place it look like this
IMG_20221018_223529378.md.jpeg IMG_20221018_223506743.md.jpeg
Same at ABF end of the month was busy, not so much now….

We have been short handed for the last six years. Even during Covid we couldn’t keep up, couldn’t hire or keep drivers. We were among those that got the 11.5% raise earlier this year. We are now fully staffed (not Sure about dock workers). Others in our region have offered furloughs, but not us. An occasional cc day may be offered. We aren’t slammed by any means, but we are holding our own.
Maybe your barn should have got that big raise to help fill some seats, especially if you still can’t seem to hire in this economy. People don’t want to work if it’s not worth their while.

We just got fully staffed for first time in years starting about 6 weeks ago. There was a brief respite but it's just ramped back up to be as busy as ever.
The amount if work is no longer about being understaffed, there's just a lot of work now.
Of course "we are at our projected number of drivers" doesn't necessarily mean we have "enough" drivers. Seems like no matter how many we hire we always need 2 more

We just got fully staffed for first time in years starting about 6 weeks ago. There was a brief respite but it's just ramped back up to be as busy as ever.
The amount if work is no longer about being understaffed, there's just a lot of work now.
Of course "we are at our projected number of drivers" doesn't necessarily mean we have "enough" drivers. Seems like no matter how many we hire we always need 2 more
Spot on same here . If we need 10 driver corporate will try to run it with 5 to make the numbers better.
Xph is an exception in the region. We always have a high volume of freight . We never had the correct number of drivers and probably never will . It’s by design to maximize profit.

To make matters worse now we have a major Covid outbreak on top of everything else
Is it COVID or the Christmas COVID. Just like the turkey day COVID and the labor day COVID. At my place it call the holidays COVID. It seems to get bad around the holidays

Is it COVID or the Christmas COVID. Just like the turkey day COVID and the labor day COVID. At my place it call the holidays COVID. It seems to get bad around the holidays
Yeah , we had people who know they had come to work and spread the love . Now as of today we’re down 6 drivers due to it and counting.