XPO | Any other terminals swamped ?

We haven’t seen it explain ?
If you’re experiencing symptoms, you are supposed to go get tested. If the test comes back negative, you get an attendance point for that day. If it’s positive, you don’t get a point and are supposed to stay home until the symptoms subside.

If you’re experiencing symptoms, you are supposed to go get tested. If the test comes back negative, you get an attendance point for that day. If it’s positive, you don’t get a point and are supposed to stay home until the symptoms subside.
I don't remember see anything about attendance points

That’s doesn’t apply to our barn

November a year ago I was feeling bad. I tested positive for Covid. My TM said I had two weeks off paid. About a week in The TM called me and said the company changed policy and I had to come back after one week off with a negative test. I said you already gave me the two weeks off so I am grandfathered. The Tm agreed and said OK.
I was retiring the next month (Dec). The day before I retired they sent me for a drug test. The testing office was absolutely slammed that morning. I was probably gone three hours. I really enjoyed my last month working!

Had 4 drivers Xyh come into our barn to help out with making P&D runs during the day. They told me they were on linehaul pay to and from our terminal from xyh . 70 miles ? Did they get robbed for pay ? No overtime. Didn’t try to figure it out but it seems they got hosed. They put in long days traveling back and forth each day probably no less than 12-14 hours.
Good guys and they help us out immensely. I would sure hate to see them get screwed.
I’m always amazed by the great Dedicated drivers this company has despite their mistreatment by management.

Thanks guys for bailing us out we appreciate it.

Last edited:
Had 4 drivers Xyh come into our barn to help out with making P&D runs during the day. They told me they were on linehaul pay to and from our terminal from xyh . 70 miles ? Did they get robbed for pay ? No overtime. Didn’t try to figure it out but it seems they got hosed. They put in long days traveling back and forth each day probably no less than 12-14 hours.
Good guys and they help us out immensely. I would sure hate to see them get screwed.
I’m always amazed by the great Dedicated drivers this company has despite their mistreatment by management.

Did they driver company truck to you barn and home

Right, like we are supposed to know the difference between a cold and covid...aren't the symptoms exactly the same? They are both coronaviruses! Why would we be punished for testing negative, you can still be sick and test negative for covid...do they want us to come to work with whatever contagion we have, as long as it isn't covid? :scratchhead:

Haha, you're right.... might as well come on in. Make sure to shake hands with the supervisor or TM who thought it was more important than staying home and recovering.

Here the policy can't find were it says attendance points if test is neg

IMG_20221209_062702393.md.jpeg

Here the policy can't find were it says attendance points if test is neg

IMG_20221209_062702393.md.jpeg
"If test results are negative, inform HR and management and return to work"

"uh, hey guys...I'm still sick here, maybe it ain't the Rona but I'm gonna stay home in bed today (especially since I'm already not at work)"

"So you're refusing to return to work?"

They told me they were on linehaul pay to and from our terminal from xyh . 70 miles ? Did they get robbed for pay ? No overtime.
Of course they did..
Lets say they worked 13hrs. From the time they start in XYH till they return to XYH.
We use 140 miles round trip, $32.24 for straight time, 48.36 as OT after 8hrs on the clock. We will also use a total of 3hrs drive time 1.5hrs each way.

Punch to Punch. Punching in and out at XYH total hrs 13hrs
8hrs straight $257.92
5hrs OT $ 241.80
Total $499.72

LH pay to and from. Punch in and out at XPH total 13hrs
170 miles 3hrs $105.56
8hrs straight $257.92
2hrs OT $ 96.72
Total $ 460.20

Even if they did the drive in 2.5hrs to and from and that extra 30mins was OT that still only totals $484.38
The flip side is what if the driver took longer with traffic or and accident. If they worked 10hrs at XPH but there total working day was over the 13hrs because of traffic they still only made the $460.20

I didn't see why you are question if they got screwed. Hell Con-way even did it that way. Back in the day before you were union they ask me if I wanted to go out and help. First they want me to drive my own car out there and pay me LH to and from. I laughed and walked away. They then came up and said you'll take a truck out and back. I then ask if I was punching in and out at my barn. They said no LH pay to and from. I still said no, you are still screwing me out of money and if you force I'll be sick that day. Then when you voted in the union they asked around again. I said we can't work there. That is a union barn and they have protection we do not get so the answer is no.
Now I have no problem helping another barn out, but I'm not going to let myself get screwed over in the process.
Poor planning on their part does not necessitate an emergency on mine. or because they fail to control freight volumes in a under staffed barn does not mean I work for less money.

OH and one last thing. Not sure if you know this.
When new drivers are trained on LH they are paid by the hour with OT. They punch in when they show up and punch out when they get back. I heard of cases were the trainee made more then the trainer, trainer was not at top scale. This is why I will not train.
Just another way they got screwed...