1.  How long have you been Driving?  Enter the year here

Any Truth to the Rumor????

Discussion in 'XPO Logistics' started by Mango710, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Mango710

Mango710 Can I Bite Bill Zollars!!

Any truth to the rumor that Con-Way bought the big YRC terminal in Chicago Heights Illinois and will be moving the Gary Ind. operations there??

2. beerfd

beerfd Well-Known Member

Don't know about that, but we sure could use a bigger place here.

3. wonderring99

wonderring99 Well-Known Member

I will find out ... I will have to say no at first because this is the first I heard this .. I would have to say this is a heights dock rumor ..

4. Local_Driver

Local_Driver Pyle People deliver

A rumor in this industry? I can't believe it!!!!

/

5. 98stratusryder

98stratusryder Member

I don't work for Conway, but I highly doubt that they will move Gary ops to the heights, the biggest reason is that it will interfere or cause problems with their LCV program (triples).

6. wonderring99

They are not going to the heights ... 98stratusryder is right on with his post

7. micro brew

micro brew Active Member

No doubt. They would no longer be able to reach the Elyria (Milan), Oh meet with Clearfield pulling triples. Last I knew they were running 10-15 sets of triples in there on day line-haul. In late 2009 Clearfield drivers were getting Ohio certification to pull triples into that meet but I don't think it ever happened. The big screen TV that is always on at the FAC I run says we're gonna - or could add 800 doors though..

By the way, old poster with a new name here..

8. carrot-nutz

carrot-nutz Member

i agree iwas in there 2 times this week, never enough room... can u say lat?

9. Pup Driver

Pup Driver Well-Known Member

Conway /yrc The Heights

Talk going around that Conway is closing their Gary terminal and has bought the Roadway Chicago Heights break .

10. Merdock

Merdock Kool-aid-aholic

I can't see it happening unless you can get triples through the front gate

11. Pup Driver

Whats the big deal on triples, Conway would start doing what everyone else has been doing for years go'en to the pad its not that far from Saulk Village .:1036316054:

12. jeepnutt

jeepnutt New Member

There's talk of a large terminal purchased in Carlisle PA to consoliate several of the terminals and make it a little farther north than xhg can.

13. RoadRage76

RoadRage76 Member

No...they're just trying to tell what the could do with the $52M in claim money if we stop damaging everything. IMO it wouldn't go towards network expansion anyway. Maybe Dougie's next bonus.

14. 98stratusryder

98stratusryder Member

It took us (FedEx Freight) years to gain access to the pad on Calumet ave. We just began running triples this year, out of our heights center. If anything they would still use the XGH yard as a triple pad,( just a thought).

15. Pup Driver

They could use the GAX I think it could get a little tight with Yellow/ Roadway being there . [ GAX is what we called it] .

16. Pup Driver

Sure ya can get triples through that gate . What would ever give you the idea that triples wouldn't fit ? Look at this way your pullen a set with an extra trailer . Big deal . Even it ya coudn't ya can't pull triples in Illinois anyhow ya still got to go to the Gax off Cline or to the pad on Calumet Ave .

17. Merdock

Merdock Kool-aid-aholic

Ya gotta love human reasoning... I never said it was a size issue. I guess I'll need to explain further. Our network of triple operations relies heavily on the efficiency of drop and hooks on our own property. For any major change in terminal locations of Lordstown Oh, Milan Oh, Fremont In, Gary in, and even though not being utilized currently, South Bend In., having to drop on a public pad would greatly increase the run times, thus lowering the positive effects triples have within our operation.

18. cnw060411

cnw060411 New Member

it is a done deal. XGH will move to the heights in May!!!!!
    They will keep a pad accross from there old XGH facility for a triples drop pad.
    all questions answered.

19. wonderring99

So did we buy it outright or are we leasing it ...

20. snivs

snivs Member

Probably because every 2 sets of trips removes a driver for the same loads moved, and that gives upper management a hard-on.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk