ODFL | Anybody in Florida?

I am in ORL .Linehaul/Dock is combo driver usually starts around midnight works dock then runs shorter linehaul run. OCL, TPA, SAR,FMY,WPB,JAX,POM. or even possibly run a small city run when down with the dock. I can not tell exact cents per mile for linehaul or even what start pay would be.

That job has been posted for months now. I think at least since Nov. I don’t know what the deal is. They don’t seem to want to fill the position....I filled out an app and every time I check the site it just says my app is applied for this position.

I am in ORL .Linehaul/Dock is combo driver usually starts around midnight works dock then runs shorter linehaul run. OCL, TPA, SAR,FMY,WPB,JAX,POM. or even possibly run a small city run when down with the dock. I can not tell exact cents per mile for linehaul or even what start pay would be.
How do you like working in ORL? Are you City or Road?

That job has been posted for months now. I think at least since Nov. I don’t know what the deal is. They don’t seem to want to fill the position....I filled out an app and every time I check the site it just says my app is applied for this position.
LOL! Are you currently with OD and want to transfer?

I have been here for 27 years . I am P&D and I show up and do my job as best as I can.
That's great! 27 years at OD in Orlando? Show up and do your job is the best they can ask for.
What are they paying you nowadays?

top out over 28 hr. and there are at least 7 or 8 of us that have been here that long and more with 20 plus

I know if it was me that wanted that position I would have used the phone to call and talk with the manager. Any manager, some may be rushed with you however, but they will all take your call.

I was not in the meeting yesterday but it was mentioned. so now the layoffs begin because the e-log/truckload gambit did not pan out...or is there another reason...i have no idea

DMT is hanging out in Florida and heard it in a meeting also so must be something happening but that’s all I heard so far,,

i was not in the meeting but was told by another city guy this was said. I would speculate that most of us would agree that OD overhired in most places to be ready for an abundance of freight because of the improved economy or expectation of truckload freight due the e-log requirement of owner operators not meeting those requirements. It does also seem to coincide with UPS freight contract acceptance. I think we need more evidence than one or two terminals.

Anyone have info on how often Jacksonville, FL hires Linehaul from the outside? Hoping to be able to apply for the very next time there’s an opening if possible