R&L | Anyone else dissapointed in our health insurance coverage?? Among other things.

loudpedal

TB Lurker
Credits
I gotta say, i'm extremely dissapointed in our health insurance coverage. I recently had an office visit for one child and an emergency room referal for another one . I turned from a concerned parent to a pissed off employee. What i got was our insurance covering jack squat and over a thousand dollars out of my pocket. Still not sure how i'm going to pay for it. It definetly won't be due to our HUGE raise we got this year. It's getting harder and harder to go to work here every day. Unfortunatly, it's not just me. The morale of our terminal is pathetic. And almost half of the drivers are looking for other jobs. Wake up R&L, your going to lose the people that make this company move. Time to start treating us with some respect and not like second class citizens!

When you get your bill(s), talk to someone in the billing department(s) to set up a payment schedule. Most places will let you make payments for a year, maybe longer.

I agree that our insurance is not the best, although I do know for a fact that it is one of the better ones in the LTL world. As for morale, it sucks working at R+L, I am actively looking for better employment, and I thought this was the place I was going to stay at, but I was wrong. I do not know when I will be gone, but I will be gone someday. The local management is the problem with my terminal. Before anyone says call Jeff or this guy or that guy, we have had people do that at my terminal and the TM and the regional VP both retaliate and push them out, we have had this happen to 4 people in about 3 years. So I will not be calling to make my life anymore miserable. 9 years down the drain……….

I have no complaints about the coverage. I have a medical condition that requires extreamly expensive treatment. I meet the maximum out of pocket this year due to and unexpected stay in the hospital. My cost have exceeded the six figure mark this year and I have only had to come out of pocket a few grand. I see the best doctors in the field and sometimes have to travel to medical centers far from home. The insurer pays on time and I have been able to set up payment plans with the remainder of my creditors for the balances I owe. If not for this insurance I would of had to go to county hospital emergancy rooms and probably been put out on the street withot diagnosis.

as far as the medical coverage i can only go with what i personally know and so far i have no complaints about it.
having said that i fully believe what loudpedal posted bcause i have heard similar complaints from others.

as far as morale and my feelings on the current state of the company, i agree with what has been posted in this thread.
just look at some of my previous posts and you will see im right there with ya.
10+ yrs here and i STILL cant believe the direction things are going. and nobody wants to hear a ******* thing when you try to tell them, or even when you try to help.
SAD

Very sad, R&L is on a serious decline, a once great and wonderful place to work...Morale is in the toilet, and not only drivers, EVERYONE has a bad attitude!!!

Nobody seems to care about the customers anymore, the only thing that seems to be of concern to management, is cutting labor....

As far as insurance goes, I don't really have any issues with the insurance...

Looking to get the hell away from this place, before they go out of business...

OK...the insurance isnt the best. But I came from a company where my weekly contribution was $160 a week! And the coverage was no better than what we get at R+L. So, I can deal with this.

OK...the insurance isnt the best. But I came from a company where my weekly contribution was $160 a week! And the coverage was no better than what we get at R+L. So, I can deal with this.

Welcome to Trucking boards and to the R+L section frankp71147 and loudpedal. Have fun posting and as I tell all the new people,make sure you read the Terms of Service
at the bottom for the forum rules.

Well the insurance so far has not been too bad, I guess i am lucky. But as the other posters have stated, morale just blows and blows hard...