TForce | Anyone else get this?

I guess i've been away from driving too long. I didnt know you had to get approval for everything you do in the yard, like pre-2008. Are they doing this to you at meet points also?

There is a section of our Contract that says "Duties of the driver are unpaid, {not exact wording} including pre-trip, logging, etc. They are included in the mileage pay.
With these ELD/Timeclock, they can track every minute........

I would hate asking mother may I for every effing little thing....

When I started, they gave you a trailer to go get. And somewhere to be with that trailer usually sunday midnight or prior to sunrise the following monday.

AND DO NOT CALL UNLESS you broke the truck or killed someone. Call after empty.

And go truck. Dont do anything stupid and have to call in. Get going yer late already.

*Sotto voce... sure Im late, dispatch takes half a effing workday to gather a couple of sheets of freight bill for load.

Says nothing about getting approval for anything... and aside of normal Road driver duties, All time is paid. And the didnt tell you to clock off and wait till mini hub is finished. As long as you check in and are availible for work, you stay on the clock. They might tell you to take your breaks, and go find a forklift... but you are paid for work at mini hub and for wait time.

When did it change?

Ok, I'll stop...

Last edited:
Unless you want to work on the dock! **** That They hold you past your cut time we should be paid sitting in the truck waiting. We have some guys sitting hours every night.
Or my favorite...they give your loads away to the extra board and you sit 3 hours every night! Then they tell you you need to be off the clock! I've worked alot of places (and some pure trash jobs) and I never had a problem with my pay until ups/T-force..they even tell us ..it shouldn't take that long to hook or fuel...pure theft!

Seems like there is no work for 24/7 staffing.

Open up at 8 am. Run till 6PM and lock it up. Do it again tomorrow. Long ago everyone except really necessary places closed up about dinner time every night all over.

If you're asked to work A: file for overtime B: file for $37.61 red circle pay C: it's local cartridge work not road work it is their job to pickup deliver and assemble freight. If told to clock out file because you're not legally relieved of your duties.

Or my favorite...they give your loads away to the extra board and you sit 3 hours every night! Then they tell you you need to be off the clock! I've worked alot of places (and some pure trash jobs) and I never had a problem with my pay until ups/T-force..they even tell us ..it shouldn't take that long to hook or fuel...pure theft!
Off the clock? At work? That's just downright funny. I'd have a good belly laugh over that suggestion.

Was told at the hub...that they don't want drivers on the dock unless it's part of your bid!
Dock, break room, cab of my tractor...unless I'm driving home or playing with my dogs, I'm at work, which means I'm getting paid. Corporations get enough government charity without me throwing in my pittance.