Anyone Else paranoid about going places?

Carrying Concealed doesn't mean anything IF you're assaulted and there's a nice, sharp sword or similar on your throat or crotch.
At that point, your CCW and Weapon are worthless.

That is where situational awareness comes into play. Don't let the dipstick who brought knife to a gunfight get the advantage. Sure, if you let them get within arm's reach of you then you have lost.

Don't allow that to happen.

With all the senseless gun violence happening across the country, I hardly if ever want to leave the house unless absolutely necessary these days. I know you never know what time you will die, but I don't want my life cut short because some little punk couldn't hack it and decide to take a few innocent people with him. Anywhere I go, I sit close to an exit and observe the behavior of others. I have a CCW and out here, you can pretty much carry anywhere, but honestly it is such a pain, and I don't feel like having a gun on me all the time. Thoughts?
You might be carrying the wrong gun, there's a lot more single stack 9's and .380's out there now, that you wouldn't even notice carrying.
When I leave the house, it's wallet, gun, car keys...and back in the house for cell phone cause, I usually forget that..lol

With all the senseless gun violence happening across the country, I hardly if ever want to leave the house unless absolutely necessary these days. I know you never know what time you will die, but I don't want my life cut short because some little punk couldn't hack it and decide to take a few innocent people with him. Anywhere I go, I sit close to an exit and observe the behavior of others. I have a CCW and out here, you can pretty much carry anywhere, but honestly it is such a pain, and I don't feel like having a gun on me all the time. Thoughts?

I see your point and I agree about violence....however it is not just violence involving guns that can be a problem......I do not personally carry a gun....I have never owned a gun....I used to target shoot with my Dads guns and did a little hunting with him when I was a kid growing up.....That is the sum total of my experience and knowledge of guns.....With that being said...I have no issues with those that want a gun...or feel they have a need to protect themselves with a firearm.....We cannot control others around us...but we can control ourselves.....using a little common sense goes a long way in keeping a person safe....or as "safe" as it is possible.... there is always the chance that unforeseen things can happen to any of us at anytime.....Being paranoid, if taken to far, about the possibilities of what could happen is not always the "healthiest" way to deal with the situation either.....often times paranoia can, in and of itself, become the catalyst of a violent act.......

My thought is to just take the normal precautions that would be dictated depending on where your at, or going, and live life to the best you can without becoming a "shut in" out of concern for safety........

There is no such thing as 'gun violence'. It's a made up term liberals use to enact more gun control propaganda.
I would have to take exception with the highlighted part of the above quote....There IS such a thing as "gun violence" because there are many many acts of violence committed that involve the use of guns.......To say that there is no such thing as gun violence is off the base of reality.......

I don't feel it's a term that has been "made up" by the "liberals" either....I just think it's a term that is used to describe the violence that occurs that involves guns.....I don't think there is anything more "sinister" involved with the usage of the term.....

Is there Propaganda in the media?? Oh yes beyond any reasonable doubt.....and the scope of that propaganda goes a lot deeper in scope than just "gun control"........actually if you look at Media as a whole, not just the "news" but the so called "entertainment industry"... that very large part of the media actually promotes the use of guns as the best solution to problem solving.....So I wouldn't necessarily say that the "media" is totally anti-gun.....Just something to consider....

Welcome to media scaremongering. You just bought all of their biased BS. Truth of the matter is that you have a better chance of getting killed in a car accident on your way to that mall than you do getting killed by some looser on a shooting rampage.

I agree that the "media" does use "scaremongering" tactics.....but it is not just confined to the issue of Guns.....On one hand I'd have to say that the public awareness of safety on the streets of our Country has been raised considerably due to the "debate" regarding violence that involves guns....and I also feel that perhaps the most ardent supporters of Gun ownership rights have also demonstrated that Guns are not only just for violence.....they can be used responsibly for the pursuit of recreational activities...such as shooting ranges....hunting... and of course the value of self defense......

I tend to agree that the chance of being shot or killed by a Person with a Gun is less than that of being involved in a vehicle crash......which just shows that we cannot be "safe" no matter what, or where, we may be......but to be aware of the risks and using common sense can usually keep a person as "safe" as it may be possible.......However, it is a sad reality that our society is becoming more dangerous ....and that is something that is occurring globally...not just here in this Country...

Our government is out of control and it affects everyone in the USA but you don't see people making any changes, other than urging the government to change more.....FOR THE WORSE.

I'm not sure if the Government is "out of control" or if it is the fact that the people running the Government have been "purchased" by the vast amounts of Money that flow the political campaign coffers that are the problem.....I think perhaps the Government is very much under control.......and the same goes to the Media as well........

Don't let your guard down when in public places but also don't let the media freak you out.

Good advice! A good example of not letting the media "freak you out" is the travel situation in Mexico....Yes there is a lot of Drug Cartel Violence....and there are areas that should be best left alone....Mexico is a very large Country and for the most part is far safer than than the media would have us to believe....and often times safer than many Cities right here in this Country.......I Travel extensively throughout Mexico, and have over many years, and have never felt anymore unsafe there than in this Country....of course a person has to pay attention to things going on around them....as with anywhere.....Yes violence can, and obviously does, happen there.....but the dangers are not as prevalent or as broad as the Media here insinuates...... I just use that example as how the media can "freak out" a lot people......

When in doubt...Whip it out.

Whoa..... I've heard you can get in a little trouble if you just "whip it out".....Our society is not ready for such "personal freedoms" as that...lol

Instead of going after the 'tools', why don't we attack the root of the problem?

True......But I think that it is reasonable to conclude that the "tool" is part of the overall problem that needs to be addressed....not the only issue...but a component of a more comprehensive solution....if that is even possible at this point.... and do not misconstrue this remark as I'm "anti-gun"... I am not....as I've stated on other occasions...

Want to make a difference?

One of 2 things will curb the gang violence.

1) education. Cities with higher gang activity and higher murder rates have the lowest education standards in the nation. Go figure. Here you have hundreds of thousands of kids with no parental guidance and nothing to do with their free time.

2) Decriminalization. Not just marijuana, but decriminalize all contraband. Remember the gangs of the 20s and 30s? The 21st amendment put them out of business, and that was the sole purpose of passing the 21st.

Education is an important component of a broader based solution...as is decriminalization...I would add that the Jobs situation is also a part of the problem...

As far as any of these things becoming a real part of a broader solution.....What have our so called "representatives" done along the lines of these ideas?? Or shall I ask what is the chances that they will act in a wider scope to address the ideas that you suggest??

If your uncomfortable with guns....at least put a level two bullet-proof/stab vest on. They have a wide variety of tasers too ?

I carry three pistols ,a knife, and pocket change for beggars .....

Yeah I would be uncomfortable with a gun.....and definitely not going to use a bullet/stab "proof" vest..... Tasers?? yes perhaps.....or I can use my Black Belt......Well....probably not as good as 30 years back.....age and driving a Truck has "dulled" that edge....lol Tasers...good alternative...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes I believe that society, including our Government are past the ability to actually turn things around, so to speak... We see deep rooted corruption at every level of Government.....Corporate structures are corrupt and have only one concern....and the betterment of society is not it.....

So who does that leave to lead the "charge"?.... The greater population at large....taking to the streets to effect a positive change......?? .....Well, I honestly don't see that happening soon either.......

As I see it now....It will take an Intervention from a higher source.......In my opinion....

like i said previously, i ain't paranoid...

but sometimes, i do wear this outfit..."just in case" a spell of paranoity strikes me.....

stormtrooper_1.jpg

some other times.....i go out like this.....

images

but if i wanna scare the crap outta some would be thugs....

i go out like this, and BAM.....NO ONE even comes close to me..>!!!

crazyguy.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

I have been on the verge of a full fledged anxiety attack twice. I was armed both times, but to no avail.

Once was after spending an hour in a cave getting unloaded in Hannibal MO. I did okay initially, but the longer I was there, the more doomsday situations my mind created to entertain me, and being a mile from the nearest form of natural light wasn't comforting. And it just wasn't natural for a Peterbilt to be under a mountain.

Just as it wasn't natural to be riding a few miles across the Atlantic Ocean on a craft not much bigger than the rig it was hauling. That was my second freak-out, riding a ferry to an island east of Miami FL to deliver golf cars to a golf course located out there.

As with the cave of death, I was okay riding out, but things changed coming back from my three hour tour. The weather starting getting rough and the tiny ship was tossed. They put all the cars on first and allowed me just enough room to back on, which left my big ole square bumper hanging over the front. Sitting in the drivers seat I felt like I was piloting the damn boat.

I was working on my log book and doing everything I could to distract myself and avoid looking at the miles of ocean before me, but to no avail. I should have just hid in the sleeper, but holding the steering wheel at least gave me some illusion of control.

The scenarios I dreamed up in the underground hellhole were nothing compared to imagining my watery death, being possibly devoured by sharks before I could mercifully drown.

I survived these situations physical unharmed and hope this answers the question of being paranoid on the road.

I have been on the verge of a full fledged anxiety attack twice. I was armed both times, but to no avail.

Once was after spending an hour in a cave getting unloaded in Hannibal MO. I did okay initially, but the longer I was there, the more doomsday situations my mind created to entertain me, and being a mile from the nearest form of natural light wasn't comforting. And it just wasn't natural for a Peterbilt to be under a mountain.

Just as it wasn't natural to be riding a few miles across the Atlantic Ocean on a craft not much bigger than the rig it was hauling. That was my second freak-out, riding a ferry to an island east of Miami FL to deliver golf cars to a golf course located out there.

As with the cave of death, I was okay riding out, but things changed coming back from my three hour tour. The weather starting getting rough and the tiny ship was tossed. They put all the cars on first and allowed me just enough room to back on, which left my big ole square bumper hanging over the front. Sitting in the drivers seat I felt like I was piloting the damn boat.

I was working on my log book and doing everything I could to distract myself and avoid looking at the miles of ocean before me, but to no avail. I should have just hid in the sleeper, but holding the steering wheel at least gave me some illusion of control.

The scenarios I dreamed up in the underground hellhole were nothing compared to imagining my watery death, being possibly devoured by sharks before I could mercifully drown.

I survived these situations physical unharmed and hope this answers the question of being paranoid on the road.
Jeez....I was cringing reading that!!!

Can he juggle boling pins while rubbing his belly

I was rolling along in my pick up on a two lane road one day.
I look in the mirror and see this guy in a Bronco raising his fist at me for whatever reason.
We go along like this for a few miles when we finally stop at a red light.
The guy gets outta the car with a tire iron and comes around to my side.
I dunno what I did but he's mad as hell and means business.
I whip my 9mm Beretta out from behind the console and point it right at him & cock the hammer.
The fire in his eyes turned to stone cold fear as he dropped his iron and ran back to his car in a flash.
The light wasn't even green yet but he took off like a scared rabbit.
Even the most determined aggressor gets religion real quick when faced with life or death.
We live in a world gone mad and you hafta be ready to defend yerself at any moment today.

I was with a friend one day coming out of jersey into Pa when a state cop puled him over . when he got to the window and started asking questions ,one question was do you have any weapons ? My buddy says I got a 9mm in the glove bo a45 under the seat and a 380 in my pocket. The cops says are you afraid of something? the reply... Not anymore. After a few moments the cop said have a nice day. That of course I the readers digest version

I was with a friend one day coming out of jersey into Pa when a state cop puled him over . when he got to the window and started asking questions ,one question was do you have any weapons ? My buddy says I got a 9mm in the glove bo a45 under the seat and a 380 in my pocket. The cops says are you afraid of something? the reply... Not anymore. After a few moments the cop said have a nice day. That of course I the readers digest version

I got that email too.

Guardrail