Yellow | Anyone else use YRC to ship something??

Skinnytrucker

TB Regular
Credits
I'm purchasing an item online and need it shipped to me. The company I'm buying it from uses fedex ground for there shipping. For what I hope are obvious reasons I want to use YRC. Just curious if anyone else has used the company before and how they felt afterwards?? It will only cost me an additional $30 to have it shipped with YRC

CIMG0014-2.jpg
This is the YRC trailer it will be hauled in , so go cheapest & ship it with Fed Ex !!

I'm purchasing an item online and need it shipped to me. The company I'm buying it from uses fedex ground for there shipping. For what I hope are obvious reasons I want to use YRC. Just curious if anyone else has used the company before and how they felt afterwards?? It will only cost me an additional $30 to have it shipped with YRC
Fedex Ground is a service like UPS or even the USPS. Why would you want to spend $30.00 more to have it shipped via a LTL carrier?

Several yrs. back one of my co-workers ordered a Motorcycle Lift. He got a quote from then Roadway and R+L. Roadway wouldn't deliver it to his home for the discounted rate quote, he would have to take it home himself from Stroudsburg, or pay the full delivery charge. R+L showed up with a lift gate trailer, backed right into his driveway, wheeled it into his garage and just about set it up for him !
All for less money ! He never told the Driver that he worked for Big R, he was to embarrassed.

Several yrs. back one of my co-workers ordered a Motorcycle Lift. He got a quote from then Roadway and R+L. Roadway wouldn't deliver it to his home for the discounted rate quote, he would have to take it home himself from Stroudsburg, or pay the full delivery charge. R+L showed up with a lift gate trailer, backed right into his driveway, wheeled it into his garage and just about set it up for him !
All for less money ! He never told the Driver that he worked for Big R, he was to embarrassed.
We do not know if that residential delivery was set up as a lift gate delivery. If it was on my Roadway P&d run, and I had a lift gate trailer, what ever it takes to make my day easier .

I would spend the extra $30 to keep all of us teamsters employed. I know that's a foreign thing to most of the trolls on here. As far as who delivers it that would be me. I'm the p&d guy at my terminal. Win Win
The next time you have a priority mail shipment, take it to work with you and have YRC ship it instead.
Your intentions are honorable.

I was waiting for the punchline and then I realized that you were serious. I assume that the obvious reason is that FedEx is a non union carrier. Dude, ship it FedEx and, if you have too, hold your nose when that non union scab shows up at your door. No one is going to call you a scab lover but do recite a few extra Jimmy Hoffa's before you go to sleep tonight.

I was waiting for the punchline and then I realized that you were serious. I assume that the obvious reason is that FedEx is a non union carrier. Dude, ship it FedEx and, if you have too, hold your nose when that non union scab shows up at your door. No one is going to call you a scab lover but do recite a few extra Jimmy Hoffa's before you go to sleep tonight.
I would ask the shipper to use UPS, instead of Fedex Ground, vrs using a LTL carrier to haul a small package.