ABF | Anyone Have A Problem With Missed Pickups/delays, Etc?

6PakAbs

TB Veteran
Credits
I had an account on my route that we have been trying to grow...we missed (delayed) a pickup the other day for about the second time in a month...With our drivers spread so thin, it is hard to cover everything. and gosh, when someone goes on vacation, it spreads us even more..
Anyone else have this issue?
I also had a customer let me have it about the so called "partner" carriers--fancy name for interline in his words.
" we only go there 2 days/week, etc...heck, he told me that we don't even service half of the country on a true direct basis. and the maps that show the transit times are just a pipe dream for the drummer to beat.

Any thoughts?

I had an account on my route that we have been trying to grow...we missed (delayed) a pickup the other day for about the second time in a month...With our drivers spread so thin, it is hard to cover everything. and gosh, when someone goes on vacation, it spreads us even more..
I also had a customer let me have it about the so called "partner" carriers--fancy name for interline in his words.
" we only go there 2 days/week, etc...heck, he told me that we don't even service half of the country on a true direct basis. and the maps that show the transit times are just a pipe dream for the drummer to beat.

Any thoughts?
We lost most of the freight in my area due to this & yes we are spread thin as well....

Any thoughts?
Good Lord, yes! Missed pickups are due to lack of manpower (directly) and those stupid-ass ELD’s that REQUIRE us to take a 30-minute break at (or before) 8 hours. We ‘warned’ our TM that this was going to happen. He was ‘sympathetic’ but adopted the ‘let’s see what happens’ attitude. Sure enough, missed pickups started to mount.

I’m retired now, but I certainly feel your guys’ pain. I don’t know if they’re trying to ‘weed out’ ABF Freight, but there’s very few truckload accounts, so Panther may never be able to handle all that ABF Freight does.

Any thoughts?
I’ve been bitching about this problem for years on multiple sites & I guess the Fort doesn’t care? It all starts at the top, if you’re going to put people in powerful position’s that shouldn’t be there or can’t perform the job then shame on them....

The "management " at the Fort are so disconnected from the loading dock and the drivers that it ain't funny....

All they're concerned with is the stock price and satisfying the shareholders.

This is what happens when you no longer promote from within....

I'll bet if you'd drag a few of those top-flight desk jockeys down to the yard........they'd be flabbergasted.......
....." Is THIS what you guys do to make us profits?"........
......"Is THAT what all those green trucks are for?".......

The "management " at the Fort are so disconnected from the loading dock and the drivers that it ain't funny....

All they're concerned with is the stock price and satisfying the shareholders.

This is what happens when you no longer promote from within....

I'll bet if you'd drag a few of those top-flight desk jockeys down to the yard........they'd be flabbergasted.......
....." Is THIS what you guys do to make us profits?"........
......"Is THAT what all those green trucks are for?".......
With all due respect, I doubt that would be the reaction, and it wouldn't change anyones thinking.

With all due respect, I doubt that would be the reaction, and it wouldn't change anyones thinking.[/QUO

Well.....My Opinion........

Over the years, it appears to me that upper management has....changed their mission....
Watching people abruptly quit .......Watching changes to operations,.......Watching ArcBest remove U-Pack from ABF......
Watching the opening of a competing non-Union side-by-side operation........Watching ArcBest wiggling for years to de-fund and get out of all the defined-benefit funds...(..remember one of the provisions of the "beg-back"?..).....regardless of the harm to former retired employees......

All this stuff makes ArcBest a substantially different company than the ABF I was hired into in '92......