XPO | Anyone Hearing Anything In Northeast/new England Area About Closings/late Starts?

From what I have been told back in the day CCX would have told there drivers you have two choices. 1 Take the load or 2. Go home but don't worry about coming back. Years ago I seen city driver with chains on making deliveries while the rest of us didn't even leave the yard.
I saw this and thought of CCX all you have to do is change the Swift driver lead to CCX dispatcher
https://www.freightwaves.com/news/s...ructed-truckers-to-drive-in-inclement-weather

It was worse under CCX. We got sent out in a blizzard and I was out for 6 hours. Did two deliveries and got towed once. Conway was better over the last 2 or 3 years, and XPO is maybe the same or perhaps a little worse, from what I have seen. Could be better.

It was worse under CCX. We got sent out in a blizzard and I was out for 6 hours. Did two deliveries and got towed once. Conway was better over the last 2 or 3 years, and XPO is maybe the same or perhaps a little worse, from what I have seen. Could be better.
Then back in the day why did you speak up? Say no I not going out in this ::shit::? Wasn't that the company, CCX, that took care of it drivers, looked out for you well being, and care about your safety????? Now we get a little snow and drivers screaming to high heaven

Then back in the day why did you speak up? Say no I not going out in this :::shit:::? Wasn't that the company, CCX, that took care of it drivers, looked out for you well being, and care about your safety????? Now we get a little snow and drivers screaming to high heaven

I did speak up. But I also have a family and need health insurance for somebody. It was either work or get fired for "refusing a work order", like a former co-worker.

As to the rest of what you wrote, I've never made that argument about CCX. Some things have gotten, some have gotten worse.

Then back in the day why did you speak up? Say no I not going out in this :::shit:::? Wasn't that the company, CCX, that took care of it drivers, looked out for you well being, and care about your safety????? Now we get a little snow and drivers screaming to high heaven
The company was driven by service. We were well compensated back then ( free healthcare, pension and top pay) The company only hired seasoned drivers that were of a different breed then most hired today .
There dredging the bottom now or most drivers are just plain inexperienced. The company sees to much liability with the inexperienced to chance anything.

I did speak up. But I also have a family and need health insurance for somebody. It was either work or get fired for "refusing a work order", like a former co-worker.

As to the rest of what you wrote, I've never made that argument about CCX. Some things have gotten, some have gotten worse.
Well it sounds like you need a union contract back then

The company was driven by service. We were well compensated back then ( free healthcare, pension and top pay) The company only hired seasoned drivers that were of a different breed then most hired today .
There dredging the bottom now or most drivers are just plain inexperienced. The company sees to much liability with the inexperienced to chance anything.
Yes all the LTL carriers only hired seasoned driver back then. You also have to remember they had a very big pool to choice from with companies closing due to Deregulation. Now the pool is just a puddle if even that.

Only one time I told em hell no. Single screws are enough fun in a snowstorm... even better when the trailer tandem scales 16000 lbs heavier than the drive.

Snowstorm started when I left the yard. Got about 30 miles... started slippin and slidin all over the place on the freeway. Said to hell with all this and turned around. Almost didnt make it back.

Only one time I told em hell no. Single screws are enough fun in a snowstorm... even better when the trailer tandem scales 16000 lbs heavier than the drive.

Snowstorm started when I left the yard. Got about 30 miles... started slippin and slidin all over the place on the freeway. Said to hell with all this and turned around. Almost didnt make it back.
I recall years ago as a ccx city driver that during a blizzard they told me get my chains on and get out there. I took 3 hours to get to my first stop only to have to stop and begin shoveling out their driveway. By the time I got to their dock and picked up their outbound freight it was 16:30. Asked dispatch what was next and they told me to bring it in.That was really a good productive day that made them all kinds of profit...NOT !!!
We had a driver that went out during an ice storm. He made it half way to his destination when it got really treacherous so he turned around and came back to his home sic.Next day they told him you have two choices, quit ,(so I guess he could keep his work record intact), or we’ll fire you. Either way ccx was not gonna keep him. But now a days xpo management bends over backward to cater to drivers. By the way... that’s a good thing, just wished that they would have done it decades earlier when I was a new hire for ccx.

I recall years ago as a ccx city driver that during a blizzard they told me get my chains on and get out there. I took 3 hours to get to my first stop only to have to stop and begin shoveling out their driveway. By the time I got to their dock and picked up their outbound freight it was 16:30. Asked dispatch what was next and they told me to bring it in.That was really a good productive day that made them all kinds of profit...NOT !!!
We had a driver that went out during an ice storm. He made it half way to his destination when it got really treacherous so he turned around and came back to his home sic.Next day they told him you have two choices, quit ,(so I guess he could keep his work record intact), or we’ll fire you. Either way ccx was not gonna keep him. But now a days xpo management bends over backward to cater to drivers. By the way... that’s a good thing, just wished that they would have done it decades earlier when I was a new hire for ccx.
Bend over backwards for their drivers ? Really driver ? Really ? What rock did you hit your head on ?? Please tell us , we will try to get you help ! What a f**king joke. !

Bend over backwards for their drivers ? Really driver ? Really ? What rock did you hit your head on ?? Please tell us , we will try to get you help ! What a f**king joke. !
Never hit my head on anything driver, just giving you the truth from what ccx was to what xpo now is. Maybe at your barn they still send you out into the teeth of nor’easter blizzards like they used to with me and my fellow drivers years ago. I know for a fact that Conway softened up their storm policy even before xpo bought Conway... and xpo has adopted Conway’s softened up storm policy. Example: Years ago as a Conway driver I came in at my normal early start time and was told to work the i/b dock. I noticed that it had begun to snow about an hour after I clocked in.Then after doing I/b for about 3 hours my peddle was ready to go. The snow was mounting up and the forecast called for snow all day long. So asked my I/b super, “should get out there now cause it’s only gonna get worse?” To my absolute surprise and astonishment my fos told me, “no, corporate has decided it’s too unsafe, tomorrow’s another day.” Now that relaxed storm policy was a total 180 from years previous and in my experience is still in affect today with xpo.

Never hit my head on anything driver, just giving you the truth from what ccx was to what xpo now is. Maybe at your barn they still send you out into the teeth of nor’easter blizzards like they used to with me and my fellow drivers years ago. I know for a fact that Conway softened up their storm policy even before xpo bought Conway... and xpo has adopted Conway’s softened up storm policy. Example: Years ago as a Conway driver I came in at my normal early start time and was told to work the i/b dock. I noticed that it had begun to snow about an hour after I clocked in.Then after doing I/b for about 3 hours my peddle was ready to go. The snow was mounting up and the forecast called for snow all day long. So asked my I/b super, “should get out there now cause it’s only gonna get worse?” To my absolute surprise and astonishment my fos told me, “no, corporate has decided it’s too unsafe, tomorrow’s another day.” Now that relaxed storm policy was a total 180 from years previous and in my experience is still in affect today with xpo.
While I agree about running in all weather with CCX, current management is going back to those days. We ran last week in the snow, though most in NE didn’t. My TM said to me, “everyone made it back, right”?

While I agree about running in all weather with CCX, current management is going back to those days. We ran last week in the snow, though most in NE didn’t. My TM said to me, “everyone made it back, right”?
Wonder what your scm would have said if you, another dsr or multiple drivers DIDN’T make it back in one piece !!!
I guess, unlike the other NE managers, your scm is a gambler who is more than willing to put the value of moving freight above the unnecessary stress and safety concerns that you and your fellow drivers had to endure during this recent storm. He certainly is going against the relaxed storm policy and headed back into the hard storm policy of yesteryear held by corporate,(CCX).

I believe the main reason today they don’t send you out is because a lot of states now shut down major highways to big trucks , doubles especially . I say XPO doesn’t take care of their drivers overall . There is so much more they could do .