XPO | Anyone Hearing Anything In Northeast/new England Area About Closings/late Starts?

I believe the main reason today they don’t send you out is because a lot of states now shut down major highways to big trucks , doubles especially . I say XPO doesn’t take care of their drivers overall . There is so much more they could do .
They are called Lawyers the one thing this county has to many of.
What's one of there saying I heard "You are the Captain of the ship" Ok then dispatch those sea look really rough so we will stay in port today

I recall years ago as a ccx city driver that during a blizzard they told me get my chains on and get out there. I took 3 hours to get to my first stop only to have to stop and begin shoveling out their driveway. By the time I got to their dock and picked up their outbound freight it was 16:30. Asked dispatch what was next and they told me to bring it in.That was really a good productive day that made them all kinds of profit...NOT !!!
We had a driver that went out during an ice storm. He made it half way to his destination when it got really treacherous so he turned around and came back to his home sic.Next day they told him you have two choices, quit ,(so I guess he could keep his work record intact), or we’ll fire you. Either way ccx was not gonna keep him. But now a days xpo management bends over backward to cater to drivers. By the way... that’s a good thing, just wished that they would have done it decades earlier when I was a new hire for ccx.
This is so true. Years ago while fighting my way home in my 4x4 pickup I saw a CCX driver with chains on out making delivers. At that time I glad I worked for a company that put our safety and the public ahead of there service.

From what I have been told back in the day CCX would have told there drivers you have two choices. 1 Take the load or 2. Go home but don't worry about coming back. Years ago I seen city driver with chains on making deliveries while the rest of us didn't even leave the yard.
I saw this and thought of CCX all you have to do is change the Swift driver lead to CCX dispatcher
https://www.freightwaves.com/news/s...ructed-truckers-to-drive-in-inclement-weather
That was probably me out there w/ the chains on. They roped me into going out with a delivery that just had to be delivered h%ll or high water that snowy day. So they chained me up and sent out in the blizzard while all my fellow drivers clocked out and jumped happily into their cars and headed home laughing at me all the way.

I believe the main reason today they don’t send you out is because a lot of states now shut down major highways to big trucks , doubles especially . I say XPO doesn’t take care of their drivers overall . There is so much more they could do .
True, it is the relatively new state regulations that have been put into place that have forced Conway/XPO to stand down during adverse winter weather events...whether they like it or not !

True, it is the relatively new state regulations that have been put into place that have forced Conway/XPO to stand down during adverse winter weather events...whether they like it or not !

Exactly. The only reason things changed is because of them putting the cameras in the trucks. When you get into a wreck and the lawyers get that video.... sir, what were you doing out in those conditions ? They told me to roll or else. That's the ONLY reason. Them being worried about them.

While I agree about running in all weather with CCX, current management is going back to those days. We ran last week in the snow, though most in NE didn’t. My TM said to me, “everyone made it back, right”?

When things get really bad. We all roll down to the end of the street and wait for them to call us back in. Haven't had to do that in years. As has been mentioned. Times have changed.