FedEx Freight | anyone know anything bout Greensboro terminal? GBO

You're more than welcome to come out here to California, driver. We have 30 service centers to choose from. Hopefully you have a spare 800k to get a house in a decent place if you choose to live here in socal
:lmao::lmao:
How does FXF or any other outfit for that matter find people to work in areas like this ? I work for the Big E and several years ago they were offering existing drivers a $10,000 bonus to move the Bay Area and transfer in at one of the terminals they have out there. Just out of my curiosity I looked for a place to rent, the cheapest I could find was $1700 a month renting out a small room in someone else’s house. That $10,000 wouldn’t go very far, about as far as $100 goes where I live in North Carolina. Is the quality of life just really poor for guys in our industry in areas like that? I realize some of the older hands have been there and were established before things went totally nuts but still, I am genuinely curious.

How does FXF or any other outfit for that matter find people to work in areas like this ? I work for the Big E and several years ago they were offering existing drivers a $10,000 bonus to move the Bay Area and transfer in at one of the terminals they have out there. Just out of my curiosity I looked for a place to rent, the cheapest I could find was $1700 a month renting out a small room in someone else’s house. That $10,000 wouldn’t go very far, about as far as $100 goes where I live in North Carolina. Is the quality of life just really poor for guys in our industry in areas like that? I realize some of the older hands have been there and were established before things went totally nuts but still, I am genuinely curious.
I worked in the newspaper industry in a past life, and the scenario you outline is the reason I never left small-town papers for major metros. Good reporters are like good school teachers, they're overworked and poor no matter where they live.