FedEx Freight | Anyone know who this was and how they see doing?

Well, thats too bad...if he is like our dock workers, he was probably smoking right inside the flammable trailer. Dock sups don't care, they are just worried about their numbers to try and actually do their job in managing the employees on the dock.

I am sorry this person got burnt, and hurt, but they are lucky they didn't die and take others with them.

Well, thats too bad...if he is like our dock workers, he was probably smoking right inside the flammable trailer. Dock sups don't care, they are just worried about their numbers to try and actually do their job in managing the employees on the dock.

Quantity over quality every time!!
These morons will never figure it out...

So the answer is "no, we don't know who it was" but we will now spend valuable time dumping on dock workers and the company for just existing... God... what a great bunch of employees.

Was at the Cincinnati National yard. Happened yesterday. And the trailer has no placards on it. Some one will pay dearly for that one.

If it was limited quanity placards wouldn't be required, and seeing as it was aresol cans that was probably the case. Don't know for sure just a guess tho.

gezzz ...people

I'm sorry he got hurt

Just from reading the post, he was the one smoking is a non smoking area ... and some are trying to blame others.

Many shop locations use trailers for storage. By the description I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case here. Placards wouldn't be required on a storage trailer either. Either way I wish the person a speedy recovery.

Never mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because a fire started and a person was hurt, someone made the assumption that naturally a person was smoking and therefore responsible. May or may not be the case. Remember what they say about the word assume.

Many years back I worked at Overnite on the dock. Back then we could smoke anywhere on the dock even in the trailers till one day at another terminal A guy walked into a trailer and lit up. BOOM!!! Leaking Haz-mat in the nose. Highly Explosive I might add. Needless to say his trailer and the two others on either side of him all went up. I would probably say that the trailer was placard right, but he never looked.