FedEx Freight | Anyone seen new city trucks yet?

The KW’s already ride like they have a dump truck suspension!! :hilarious:
Again. Why would it not be unfair to the city to have my tractor traded in on a reclassify POS KW as my PERMANENT ride even though I am in the top tier of seniority. You claimed it was only the run that mattered not the truck.

It was...I took a bid with more miles that gets back at the same time as the run I was originally interested in...it’s a win/win for me!! :1036316054:
Sounds like you are talking out both sides to me. You said you took a different bid due to the tractor. I guess it is important after all. But only if it affects you.

Again. Why would it not be unfair to the city to have my tractor traded in on a reclassify POS KW as my PERMANENT ride even though I am in the top tier of seniority. You claimed it was only the run that mattered not the truck.
If the truck you drive is in danger of being sold then you’ll probably get a reclassed road truck. It’s no different than the way the road used to work, Central used to assign us our trucks and we had no choice...and we kept them until Central assigned us another one...and most road drivers would love to go back to that system vs what we have now.

Sounds like you are talking out both sides to me. You said you took a different bid due to the tractor. I guess it is important after all. But only if it affects you.
No, I said I was “interested” in a run that had a new truck and that turned me off. I was able to get a run that has never been available to me before and it just so happens to have an older truck assigned to it...again, a win/win for me. Had the run I currently enjoy not made it to me, I’d be driving a new Pete on the run I was interested in...the run comes first.

If the truck you drive is in danger of being sold then you’ll probably get a reclassed road truck. It’s no different than the way the road used to work, Central used to assign us our trucks and we had no choice...and we kept them until Central assigned us another one...and most road drivers would love to go back to that system vs what we have now.
The key word is used to. You can always bid to different runs to get out of a truck now. Why do you think you are better than City Drivers by claiming it’s no big deal for us to not have a choice in the process? Just sayin...

No, I said I was “interested” in a run that had a new truck and that turned me off. I was able to get a run that has never been available to me before and it just so happens to have an older truck assigned to it...again, a win/win for me. Had the run I currently enjoy not made it to me, I’d be driving a new Pete on the run I was interested in...the run comes first.
I see a career in politics in your future. Flip Flop

The key word is used to. You can always bid to different runs to get out of a truck now. Why do you think you are better than City Drivers by claiming it’s no big deal for us to not have a choice in the process? Just sayin...
They’re may be a couple guys but most road guys don’t bid a different run just to get a different truck, that’s not the mentality. We look at miles, start time, and the direction of the run...the truck is one of the last deciding factors if at all.

Why do city drivers “think” that road drivers “think” we are better than you?? :idunno: I don’t know of any road driver that “thinks” they’re better than any city driver...

The key word is used to.
I’m just curious, would you prefer to have what the road has now?? That would be the equivalent to having trucks assigned to start times in the city...say you have 5 drivers who can bid a 6am start time, 5 trucks would be assigned to that 6am “pool of trucks” to pick from by seniority...10 drivers at 7am, 10 different trucks for the “7am truck pool”, 8am start, etc...

What would be more important to you, the start time and taking whatever truck you can get from the pool by seniority or picking the truck you want regardless of the start time??

I’m just curious, would you prefer to have what the road has now?? That would be the equivalent to having trucks assigned to start times in the city...say you have 5 drivers who can bid a 6am start time, 5 trucks would be assigned to that 6am “pool of trucks” to pick from by seniority...10 drivers at 7am, 10 different trucks for the “7am truck pool”, 8am start, etc...

What would be more important to you, the start time and taking whatever truck you can get from the pool by seniority or picking the truck you want regardless of the start time??
As it is now we will have no choice period. So yes having a choice even from a smaller pool of trucks is still better than what we are being shafted with.

As it is now we will have no choice period. So yes having a choice even from a smaller pool of trucks is still better than what we are being shafted with.
You didn’t answer the question so I’ll respectfully ask again...which would be more important to you, the start time or the truck??

I find it ironic that what you’re complaining about, most road drivers would love to go back to...just be careful what you wish for, what you get might not be better than what you had...

That’s the kind of thinking to be expected from a teamster. You guys preach solidarity, They just pay lip service to the concept.

Kinda like the concept of a non union company promising to honor seniority? You voted away your right to have a bid. I guess the chickens have come home to roost.
:2437:

Last edited: