FedEx Freight | Anyone Use This Vision Benefit?

SwampRatt

TB Legend
Credits
Stumbled across this one. Didn't know it existed. We are required to wear safety glasses at many customer locations AND when in our own shops, per policy.

FedEx Freight Inc. ONLY

Safety Glasses Benefit

Obtaining services from a Davis Vision doctor for Safety Glasses: When you want to obtain vision care services, call a Davis Vision doctor to make an appointment. For details on how you locate a Davis Vision doctor, contact Davis Vision at 1-888-343-3451 or visit davisvision.com to review an online provider listing. Make sure you identify yourself as a Davis Vision member and be prepared to provide the covered member's name and date of birth. If you are also enrolled in the Vision Plan, you can also provide a copy of your ID card. An ID card is not required to receive services under the Safety Glass benefit. Eligibility for the Safety Glass benefit is limited to those employees who work in a capacity which requires the use of safety glasses. If you have questions on whether you are eligible, contact Davis Vision at 1-888-343-3451.

Obtaining services from an out-of-network provider: Services and materials obtained from an out-of-network provider will be reimbursed up to amounts on the above schedule less any copayments. For out-of-network reimbursement, pay the entire bill when you receive services, then send your itemized receipts and full patient and member information to Davis Vision. Claims must be submitted to Davis Vision within one year from your date of service. Contact Davis Vision for more information on where to submit out-of-network claims.

BEk0SId.jpg

Note: By utilizing the safety eyeglass benefit with the comprehensive dress eyewear plan, one eye examination will cover both requirements.

1/ Not all independent providers will have a sample of Davis Vision's Safety Frame Collection. In order to guarantee access to the Collection, we will work with you to determine the best location to house a sample Safety Frame Collection. The sample Safety Frame Collection can be housed at a participating provider or a secured client location. If housed at by the client, employees may borrow the sample frame and take it to the provider of their choice to assure the frame fits correctly and the provider can then order the glasses through our labs. Participating retail providers typically do not display the Collection, but are contractually required to maintain a comparable selection (in both quantity and quality) of frames that would be covered in full with no additional member out-of-pocket expense.

2/ Polycarbonate lenses meet or exceed the Z87.1 American National Standard and the requirements of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) for impact resistance

Stumbled across this one. Didn't know it existed. We are required to wear safety glasses at many customer locations AND when in our own shops, per policy.

FedEx Freight Inc. ONLY

Safety Glasses Benefit

Obtaining services from a Davis Vision doctor for Safety Glasses: When you want to obtain vision care services, call a Davis Vision doctor to make an appointment. For details on how you locate a Davis Vision doctor, contact Davis Vision at 1-888-343-3451 or visit davisvision.com to review an online provider listing. Make sure you identify yourself as a Davis Vision member and be prepared to provide the covered member's name and date of birth. If you are also enrolled in the Vision Plan, you can also provide a copy of your ID card. An ID card is not required to receive services under the Safety Glass benefit. Eligibility for the Safety Glass benefit is limited to those employees who work in a capacity which requires the use of safety glasses. If you have questions on whether you are eligible, contact Davis Vision at 1-888-343-3451.

Obtaining services from an out-of-network provider: Services and materials obtained from an out-of-network provider will be reimbursed up to amounts on the above schedule less any copayments. For out-of-network reimbursement, pay the entire bill when you receive services, then send your itemized receipts and full patient and member information to Davis Vision. Claims must be submitted to Davis Vision within one year from your date of service. Contact Davis Vision for more information on where to submit out-of-network claims.

BEk0SId.jpg

Note: By utilizing the safety eyeglass benefit with the comprehensive dress eyewear plan, one eye examination will cover both requirements.

1/ Not all independent providers will have a sample of Davis Vision's Safety Frame Collection. In order to guarantee access to the Collection, we will work with you to determine the best location to house a sample Safety Frame Collection. The sample Safety Frame Collection can be housed at a participating provider or a secured client location. If housed at by the client, employees may borrow the sample frame and take it to the provider of their choice to assure the frame fits correctly and the provider can then order the glasses through our labs. Participating retail providers typically do not display the Collection, but are contractually required to maintain a comparable selection (in both quantity and quality) of frames that would be covered in full with no additional member out-of-pocket expense.

2/ Polycarbonate lenses meet or exceed the Z87.1 American National Standard and the requirements of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) for impact resistance

And thank you Sir for solid info.
SMOKESTACK

This is a separate plan, correct? I have been trying to get my safety glasses since I got hired a few months ago (Shop Technician 3) but no one that I speak to at Davis seems to know what I'm talking about telling me they do not see it on my current plan. Is there a separate code the rep has to punch up to see that I qualify?

Last edited:
This is a separate plan, correct? I have been trying to get my safety glasses since I got hired a few months ago (Shop Technician 3) but no one that I speak to at Davis seems to know what I'm talking about telling me they do not see it on my current plan. Is there a separate code the rep has to punch up to see that I qualify?
Seems the YOU should qualify without question (shop tech). It also sounds like the vision plan enrollment is NOT even required, for this benefit.

"Make sure you identify yourself as a Davis Vision member and be prepared to provide the covered member's name and date of birth. If you are also enrolled in the Vision Plan, you can also provide a copy of your ID card. An ID card is not required to receive services under the Safety Glass benefit. Eligibility for the Safety Glass benefit is limited to those employees who work in a capacity which requires the use of safety glasses. If you have questions on whether you are eligible, contact Davis Vision at 1-888-343-3451."

Wish I could be more help, but I would call Harrison, ask for benefits dept. (in fact, I may just do that too).

Let us know what you find...

:nut kick:They only come in green now.
Also they need to be steel toe to get it.
I believe everything that is on the intranet.

Fedex will reimburse $60 per year for a pair of shoes or boots. They have to be either steel or composite safety toe. Just bring a receipt to your manager. The money will show up on your check in a few weeks.

:nut kick:They only come in green now.
Also they need to be steel toe to get it.
I believe everything that is on the intranet.

but ask G.K it seems his nose is every.

Fwiw, I was able to get Oakleys and Ray Bans every year under out plan, as a driver. In addition to my Rx contacts.
The lenses just had to be Ansi/Impact resistant, which most sunglasses are.
Iirc, it paid up to $120.
Nice way to get some shades you can wear daily and at work.

Fwiw, I was able to get Oakleys and Ray Bans every year under out plan, as a driver. In addition to my Rx contacts.
The lenses just had to be Ansi/Impact resistant, which most sunglasses are.
Iirc, it paid up to $120.
Nice way to get some shades you can wear daily and at work.
Were you able to just walk in to an approved provider, with your Rx & employee info, and walk out with Rx safety glasses? No hoops to jump through?

Were you able to just walk in to an approved provider, with your Rx & employee info, and walk out with Rx safety glasses? No hoops to jump through?

Not Rx Safety Glasses, but regular sunglasses that happened to be Ansi Impact resistant (Most Oakleys, Costas, ect are)
I do it when I get my regular exam, and contact lenses.

Lady helping looks it up, says I'm approved up to $120 for sunglasses(safety eyewear, nudge nudge, wink wink)

Fedex vision plan is good. I had a checkup recently. Today I could clearly see dock workers sitting on forklifts doing nothing, city drivers loading their own trailers instead of breaking freight and loading all the routes, and dock supervisors looking confused :1036316054:
don't forget the lazy azz hostlers hiding in the corner of the yard playing on there phones