XPO | Anyone work out of the toronto terminal

classicxl

TB Lurker
Credits
I’m looking for a change and see xpo is always hiring out of the toronto Canada terminal and advertise experience drivers can start at $32.93 a hr .Pay is way higher then the $23.50 and $35.25 ot after 9 hrs i make . they’re always hiring which has me concerned it might be a sh$t show and maybe i should stay away .Anyone have any first knowledge of what it’s like there

I’m looking for a change and see xpo is always hiring out of the toronto Canada terminal and advertise experience drivers can start at $32.93 a hr .Pay is way higher then the $23.50 and $35.25 ot after 9 hrs i make . they’re always hiring which has me concerned it might be a sh$t show and maybe i should stay away .Anyone have any first knowledge of what it’s like there
You answered your own question apparently.

You answered your own question apparently.
“::shit:: show” Yes at some locations but not much more than some other carriers at some. “High turnover” yes but mostly at lower seniority. If you work hard and stay within the rules you “should” be ok. Good luck.

Why not go to UPS package feeders and do trailer work for them ? Much better overall compensation and union representation .

Last edited:
Always looking for drivers. Run to Detroit, and several other fac’s. Just had a management turnover.

“**** show” Yes at some locations but not much more than some other carriers at some. “High turnover” yes but mostly at lower seniority. If you work hard and stay within the rules you “should” be ok. Good luck.

Why not go to UPS package feeders and do trailer work for them ? Much better overall compensation and union representative.

I figured it might be a sh$t show at xpo what’s the main reasons new guys leave are they not getting enough hrs . ups only pays drivers $19 a hr to start for the main hub in concord and it’s a 50/50 shot if you will actually get hired they like to get rid of employees just before probation same with purolator unfortunately . I can’t afford to go backwards in pay . Have a mortgage,car loan and other bills

Last edited:
Always looking for drivers. Run to Detroit, and several other fac’s. Just had a management turnover.

oh so that’s where they run to Detroit always wondered I see them go east towards ottawa also . With new management is that good news or bad .I’m also looking at some trash hauling companies like Upak and J.E culp they advertise $28-31 a hr

oh so that’s where they run to Detroit always wondered I see them go east towards ottawa also . With new management is that good news or bad .I’m also looking at some trash hauling companies like Upak and J.E culp they advertise $28-31 a hr
Hard to say. You will work. Maybe lh, maybe city. They are busy.

I figured it might be a sh$t show at xpo what’s the main reasons new guys leave are they not getting enough hrs . ups only pays drivers $19 a hr to start for the main hub in concord and it’s a 50/50 shot if you will actually get hired they like to get rid of employees just before probation same with purolator unfortunately . I can’t afford to go backwards in pay . Have a mortgage,car loan and other bills
Are we on the same page ? Freight or parcel ? Ups parcel in my area is hiring and keeps qualified drivers all the time . Maybe it’s different in your area .

Are we on the same page ? Freight or parcel ? Ups parcel in my area is hiring and keeps qualified drivers all the time . Maybe it’s different in your area .
Canada. Separate country. If it's UPS ( parcel ) getting hired now would be during "peak season" in the States. His time doesn't have to count ( unless they waive it for some reason )

Ups feeder up here in Canada the ads they have say $19 a hr to start and tops out at $36.27 after seniority plus 48 months of service.I spoke to one of their drivers he said it takes 4 years to get a decent run or make any kind of money . The problem here is they like to fire employees right before your probation period ends . Minimum wage just went up to $15.50 a hr here and the average driving jobs for dryvan or reefer is $22-$27 a hr

.Is this a bad time of year to sign onto a ltl company i hear it’s the slow season and being the low guy might sit at home a lot . With having bills sitting at home not making any money isn’t going to work either

Last edited:
Ups feeder up here in Canada the ads they have say $19 a hr to start and tops out at $36.27 after seniority plus 48 months of service.I spoke to one of their drivers he said it takes 4 years to get a decent run or make any kind of money . The problem here is they like to fire employees right before your probation period ends . Minimum wage just went up to $15.50 a hr here and the average driving jobs for dryvan or reefer is $22-$27 a hr

.Is this a bad time of year to sign onto a ltl company i hear it’s the slow season and being the low guy might sit at home a lot . With having bills sitting at home not making any money isn’t going to work either
It’s possible you may sit. You can bring that up at the interview. I did 140 last year gross on Linehaul.

TST-CF Express is a good company. The drivers are Union Teamsters. Check them out.
only problem i hear with them is you only get 8 hr shifts when new and i’m not really interested in local p&d i’ve been there done that i do see there looking for highway drivers through
Not necessarily. Monday to Friday. We have the occasional sat run to cover overages at the fac.
that’s not too bad how long are the shifts are they 14 hrs ?

only problem i hear with them is you only get 8 hr shifts when new and i’m not really interested in local p&d i’ve been there done that i do see there looking for highway drivers through

that’s not too bad how long are the shifts are they 14 hrs ?
Each barn is different. 12-13 average.