XPO | Anywhere else short handed on help

Operating ratio down to 86.7. They don't know how what works ?
Those numbers don't lie. Judging from them, new ownership knows what they are doing and I am all for it. Way out west, lineruns are up, purchase continues to get cut, and we are way shorthanded. Personally, I am going to sit back and enjoy the ride. I think that we are really going to see things change in 2017. Remember, it has been less than one year since we were bought.

Those numbers don't lie. Judging from them, new ownership knows what they are doing and I am all for it. Way out west, lineruns are up, purchase continues to get cut, and we are way shorthanded. Personally, I am going to sit back and enjoy the ride. I think that we are really going to see things change in 2017. Remember, it has been less than one year since we were bought.
Agreed. Hopefully the changes are good, time will tell.

Operating ratio down to 86.7. They don't know how what works ?
If 86.7 OR isn't evidence that BJ and his staff know what they're doing...just wait, according to a transcript on the 'Q2 2016 earning call' that I just finished reading, they're shooting for the moon in getting our OR down in to the LOW 80's in the not to distant future. And you know what...I've got confidence that they'll do it. Remember what their goal is for LTL..."to be the most profitable LTL in the,(LTL), biz."

I hope that XPO doesn't make the same mistake that a few other carriers have made and cut too many drivers. With the economy slow they can get away with a small shortage of drivers, but when it does pick up, you have to move the freight. Freight sitting against the fence will ruin a reputation with the customers so it's a fine line that has to be walked. Keeping the staffing at a lean amount is good, but they better make sure they don't get caught so short handed that they can't move the freight.

I hope that XPO doesn't make the same mistake that a few other carriers have made and cut too many drivers. With the economy slow they can get away with a small shortage of drivers, but when it does pick up, you have to move the freight. Freight sitting against the fence will ruin a reputation with the customers so it's a fine line that has to be walked. Keeping the staffing at a lean amount is good, but they better make sure they don't get caught so short handed that they can't move the freight.

We are understaffed in the DSR dept. at my barn. And as you have said NF, corporate does want a lean staffed company. However, at our barn it is getting ridiculous. How so?...our barn is understaffed of DSR's not because of corporate's doing. On the contrary, guys have been dropping out of our facility like flies lately.Two have quit cause they've had enough, one was canned, 2 more are scheduled to retire in the next 6 months and there is rumbling that others will move on cause they're fed up w/ the constant start time changes. Coupled w/ the heavy summer vacation season that is upon us and the lack of finding part time o/b dock help...many p&d guys are putting in nearly 12 hours a day.

If the economy picks up w/ this kind of understaffing....some of you guys out there close to us will probably be pitching in to help us out here w/ via's. and p&d work. Don't worry though, cause "we'll leave the light on for yah" when you come through.

We are understaffed in the DSR dept. at my barn. And as you have said NF, corporate does want a lean staffed company. However, at our barn it is getting ridiculous. How so?...our barn is understaffed of DSR's not because of corporate's doing. On the contrary, guys have been dropping out of our facility like flies lately.Two have quit cause they've had enough, one was canned, 2 more are scheduled to retire in the next 6 months and there is rumbling that others will move on cause they're fed up w/ the constant start time changes. Coupled w/ the heavy summer vacation season that is upon us and the lack of finding part time o/b dock help...many p&d guys are putting in nearly 12 hours a day.

If the economy picks up w/ this kind of understaffing....some of you guys out there close to us will probably be pitching in to help us out here w/ via's. and p&d work. Don't worry though, cause "we'll leave the light on for yah" when you come through.
I was there last week picking a load for Newark. Saw xnh swing through for carlstadt while I was there! G has been alone in Newark a lot lately! You aren't the only barn short, Bridgeport and Hartford are also popular vias for us. Hope they get you (and others) some help soon.

I love it when they leave the gate open with a note on your loads to close it when you leave.

A lot of people think that part of it is that they still intend to close more terminals. So when you get your transfers you will be back to driver heavy. Just current driver scuttlebutt.

I was there last week picking a load for Newark. Saw xnh swing through for carlstadt while I was there! G has been alone in Newark a lot lately! You aren't the only barn short, Bridgeport and Hartford are also popular vias for us. Hope they get you (and others) some help soon.

Oh I don't mind the extra OT, but the only thing ...it's starting to wear me out. And all this OT spend is really causing mgt. to get nervous. Two other guys that mgt had planned on putting on the list didn't pan out.

Bottom line: long hours filled w/ stressful days, and no PTO approvals unless they've already been booked from the 1st of the year.

Yep. It's all Roses on the other pages. Same issues, different name on the door.
It seems like I have this conversation almost daily with coworkers. They swear it's better out there, but the fact is it's all the same.

We go from threads with titles of " where's our freight " to " is anybody else short-handed ". Either way it's all management's fault.
Isn't it funny how that works? Besides a few operational changes, not much has changed for me. I'm still working the same hours as I did last year and still making the same amount of money. Don't forget, management is evil and trying to screw us.