Estes | Application process

zoeman

TB Lurker
Credits
hey guys curious about the application process, I've applied to two "Regionals otr" positions on my area (southeast US) for bout 6 weeks now. I've never got a response back. Any idea what I could do to get my app looked at? I've called both terminals and they told me they can't do nothing until coporate calls me and phone interviews me.

Seems like we're in the same area. I called Ellenwood one and she told me another guy applied around same time as me called a little bit before I did and asked the same thing. That must've been you haha

Have you tried any other LTL carriers in our area and had any luck? I've applied to FXF and ODFL also but still no response either. Must be a slow season...

Seems like we're in the same area. I called Ellenwood one and she told me another guy applied around same time as me called a little bit before I did and asked the same thing. That must've been you haha.

Have you tried any other LTL carriers in our area and had any luck? I've applied to FXF and ODFL also but still no response either. Must be a slow season...
Yea..I put in for Ellenwood... I put in for ups freight, got a call back for them for a road driver which is on call/ extra freight. That dont sound too good... not a good time too get in coming up on slow season.

Yea..I put in for Ellenwood... I put in for ups freight, got a call back for them for a road driver which is on call/ extra freight. That dont sound too good... not a good time too get in coming up on slow season.
If it were me I’d take that UPS position and if it’s not working out hopefully you’ll hear back from Estes or other carrier. UPS is a great option if you can put up with waiting by the phone for a while

Try calling the recruiting number. It may be listed on the website. That's who calls you from corporate anyway. They ask you some screening questions about your license, experience, driving record then forward the app to the terminal you applied to.

Keep in mind we are at the end of the busy season so they might be slowing down on hiring. Its dependant on the terminal though. Some places are always hiring year round, some terminals not so much.

I filled out the application online and got a call with in 30 minutes. Phone interview the next day. Sit down interview with the TM 2 days later. Wonder what the deal is?

I filled out the application online and got a call with in 30 minutes. Phone interview the next day. Sit down interview with the TM 2 days later. Wonder what the deal is?
I'm guessing since I have a little under 2 years experience and no doubles experience. How'd the interview go for ya?