TForce | Appointment freight:

maxicoze

TB Regular
Credits
i didn't want to post, and clutter up the, in the " King Alain aims to fix......" thread, so:

Does appointment freight pay much more than non-appointment freight?

Perhaps part of the problem is that we are taking on too much appointment freight, consistently missing our appointment times---and even days, and pissing customers off.

The other bad thing is that the customer often unleashes on the driver, who, most of the time had no control over being late. While understandable from the customer point of view-----who else are you going to vent upon? This is unfair to the driver.

i also feel this cuts down on productivity; Personally, i usually have to go out of route in order to try to make these appointments and often still failing to meet deadlines. By out of route, i mean going to another part of town vs. doing the next closest stop.

Last edited:
i didn't want to post, and clutter up the, in the " King Alain aims to fix......" thread, so:

Perhaps part of the problem is that we are taking on too much appointment freight, consistently missing our appointment times---and even days, and pissing customers off.

The other bad thing is that the customer often unleashes on the driver, who, most of the time had no control over being late. While understandable from the customer point of view-----who else are you going to vent upon? This is unfair to the driver.

i also feel this cuts down on productivity; Personally, i usually have to go out of route in order to try to make these appointments and often still failing to meet deadlines. By out of route, i mean going to another part of town vs. doing the next closest stop.
Or even going to a different city, because that's the next stop. See Triplex post about not taking your lunch when it's lunch time. If the bosses can't set it it up correctly, upon entry to said upset customer, here's the phone number, he's the guy who set me up to fail today, speak to him. With all their modern technology and wizardry nobody has improved on communications with customers for 40 some years. Yikes

That’s a good question, I’m curious to know if pricing brings more revenue.
I think our appointment situation is different everywhere.
I always thought our appointment times were stupid. The small window overly caters to customers and can handcuff driver’s efficiency.
The appointment clerk at my terminal makes appointments too late for closer stops and even later for further stops. We are always way too early, and have to call dispatch to call customer (caller ID reason) and see if we can drop off early.
Some customers say no and we are forced to play pinball pickups and delivery.
When you track your delivery with UPS, FedEx, Amazon, you are at their mercy with time of delivery. We should do the same thing “by end of day”

They only vent to you if you let them. Stop them right in mid speech and tell them you want it or not I'm not dear abby. To many people let them talk that way that is why they do.

Yellow charges a minimum of $67.00 extra for an appointment up to $174.00 depending on weight. However, big accounts such as Walmart or Amazon generally get discounts on their appointment charges.
Residential or appt Accessorial charges add up if company charges them and not discount them away.
Notify
Redelivery
Lift gate
Limited access
Inside delivery
Sort and Segregate
2 man delivery
Reconsignment

Yellow charges a minimum of $67.00 extra for an appointment up to $174.00 depending on weight. However, big accounts such as Walmart or Amazon generally get discounts on their appointment charges.
That's fine, but i want to know what T-FORCE charges (if anything) for appointment freight.

i either think we should just drop it completely, OR only schedule one appointment during the morning and one appointment during the afternoon MAXIMUM.

Also, whoever sets the appointments should look at the map; The morning appointment should be one closest to the terminal, the afternoon appointment the farther one and a sign on top of the freight that indicates "load towards rear" / "load towards nose, for the dockers to see, i think could be helpful for everyone.

That's fine, but i want to know what T-FORCE charges (if anything) for appointment freight.

i either think we should just drop it completely, OR only schedule one appointment during the morning and one appointment during the afternoon MAXIMUM.

Also, whoever sets the appointments should look at the map; The morning appointment should be one closest to the terminal, the afternoon appointment the farther one and a sign on top of the freight that indicates "load towards rear" / "load towards nose, for the dockers to see, i think could be helpful for everyone.
Why not just ask the TM at your terminal?

Brother, you worry so much little things, you get to the appointment when you can, in current times, time doesn't matter anymore, customers most likely will be happy you showed up with their freight.
It maybe a few that really strictly enforce timing, but you have hundreds of excuses and if they refuse it, say "Okay we will reschedule it", "Your name?", "Thank you, have a good day".
Let your employer worry about it, if they really care about the customer, they should have done something to fix it.
Go with your day, sipp to your coffee or other drink and enjoy the day.:shift:

Brother, you worry so much little things, you get to the appointment when you can, in current times, time doesn't matter anymore, customers most likely will be happy you showed up with their freight.
It maybe a few that really strictly enforce timing, but you have hundreds of excuses and if they refuse it, say "Okay we will reschedule it", "Your name?", "Thank you, have a good day".
Let your employer worry about it, if they really care about the customer, they should have done something to fix it.
Go with your day, sipp to your coffee or other drink and enjoy the day.:shift:

Yeah, i heard that appointments, at least at my terminal, are scheduled by off-shore call center. We use to have a scheduler, but she quit.

And the call center doesn't give a plop----they'll schedule 3, 8a-12p's on one day! And......3, 1p-6p's also on the same day.