ABF | Arcbest® Announces First Quarter 2019 Results

No wonder they got to put cameras on us.....they’re terrified we’d show a spark of native initiative....
...and they want to be sure they can stamp it out before it gets out of hand and makes them look like the ...fools they are...

Truck driver has 40 tons and quarter of a million dollars of freight and equipment directly in his hands......
......and some desk jockey in charge of a stack of papers, a keyboard and monitor, and a few pencils, is worried he’s ....not driving “responsibly “ ....

Bingo! We have a Winner! Give that Man a Cigar!

Economic Slavery is the ......driving engine of corporate success.....

My oldest son manages a steel plant with 200 employees......Way, way back on the wall of his office...his diploma hangs in a dark corner....
When I asked him why it’s tucked way back there,.....he said because everyone thinks he has a degree in metallurgy,......and they would be surprised to see it’s actually......Political Science......

As a parent of four college “educated” children........I can definitely attest .......college is a big scam.
Your success depends more on your own force of personality and initiative,....
.....than it does on any sort of Arcane Knowledge a “higher education” facility can charge you ridiculous prices for......

The rich and wealthy run an Old Boys Club......and if you want to join,...their membership fees require you to hock your soul for twenty years at 7% interest.......

You need to mope to Venezuela or some utopia where the corporations are taken over by the all loving government. It's been wildly successful....
I guess all those college grads are starving????
Perhaps China would make a good home for you... You can get al you need from the Communist Party...

so the low wages are worth the $100,000 you have lost over the past decade..
No wonder the company is in the shape its in....
You love the low pay, but you have free healthcare?????????
Amazing...
Use a few more question marks. It will add validity to your post.

Salary + healthcare + retirement + PTO = your pay package. Evidently some of the people around here think it's worth it, given that they work there.

Stock prices are mere speculation. Educated guesses, but guesses nonetheless.
They are educated guesses (for most of us) based on research and experience. And, isn't that what life is about? Decisions(guesses) based on life experiences and education?

Last edited:
Just like to point out ARCB stock hit a 52 week low today.
wow...just checked it out...52 week low all right...what is going on at Fart Smith? Come on Judy in Disguise (with glasses).

Look @ Saia stock...man, they got us whupped.. I guess they have more "quality"..glad Ole Yeller is still down below us!

wow...just checked it out...52 week low all right...what is going on at Fart Smith? Come on Judy in Disguise (with glasses).

Look @ Saia stock...man, they got us whupped.. I guess they have more "quality"..glad Ole Yeller is still down below us!
You can only cry poor in public so much before Wall Street actually believes you're poor.

Me either brother. I make mistakes daily. I try to keep any mistakes, small, fixable and unimportant. Also known as learning experience. LOL. Daily learning experiences.
I just hope Judy's mistakes don't cost you guys. Her vision of a non-union ABF is downright creepy.

I just hope Judy's mistakes don't cost you guys. Her vision of a non-union ABF is downright creepy.
No worries. The board of directors at ARCB is experienced. Worrying about things like that will just lead to health issues. Don't borrow trouble and hope for the best, while planning for the worst. And everything will work out fine.

No worries. The board of directors at ARCB is experienced. Worrying about things like that will just lead to health issues. Don't borrow trouble and hope for the best, while planning for the worst. And everything will work out fine.
Of course. But I still don't trust her. Haha

And while it doesn't directly affect me anymore, I will always hope the best for my brothers and sisters at the old place. It wasn't an easy five years, but I never had a problem with my coworkers.

Why don’t you find out ya lazy azz. Why should anybody look it up for you? Go to the Old Dominion site and ask them.
I would like to point out that I am working tonight (this a holiday weekend and I'm going out on Saturday afternoon on a layover), that I will be driving over 570 miles tonight with one via, and I won't be back to 086 until Monday morning (memorial day). Lazy---NO. But I want every cent of free money I can get (4 hours working on the holiday). LOL. FREE MONEY LOL, oxymoron?

I would like to point out that I am working tonight (this a holiday weekend and I'm going out on Saturday afternoon on a layover), that I will be driving over 570 miles tonight with one via, and I won't be back to 086 until Monday morning (memorial day). Lazy---NO. But I want every cent of free money I can get (4 hours working on the holiday). LOL. FREE MONEY LOL, oxymoron?
So what?

And I have filed grievances because the company felt they have the...”right”....to force guys to work on holidays.

And I don’t mean guys starting a shift and working into a holiday.......I mean the company stating they have the....”right” .....to start your shift ON the holiday.....

Nothing voluntary about it........

Companies’ argument was:”Many guys work holidays.....”

Are holidays....”Holidays”? Are they.....voluntary,....or can the company....force ...you?