New Penn | ArcBest frt

OnPoint44

TB Lurker
Credits
Something that I've found odd is the amount of freight we've been getting from ArcBest. I'm guessing they're using their logistics arm with customers to move freight with New Penn. Since 2020, their name on BOLs have been showing up alot. When I asked a customer as to why not just use ABF, he said they've missed their pickup too many times. Another customer complained of damages. Not sure how true any of this is but the freight is being moved by us at NP

Something that I've found odd is the amount of freight we've been getting from ArcBest. I'm guessing they're using their logistics arm with customers to move freight with New Penn. Since 2020, their name on BOLs have been showing up alot. When I asked a customer as to why not just use ABF, he said they've missed their pickup too many times. Another customer complained of damages. Not sure how true any of this is but the freight is being moved by us at NP
I’ve been delivering freight from Arc Best in Scranton. I was wondering why?

All these companies now have a 3 rd party logistics company.
I get Arc Best but I pick up a lot more from T-force. I wouldn’t be surprised to hear they pick up for YRC Worldwide logistics.

It seems every carrier has a logistics firm. I picked up one from Coyote Logistics which is owned by UPS parcel

I understand the logistics part of any freight company. What confuses me is wouldn't they want to keep all that $ in-house on their ABF trucks ?

We'll...if they can get road to work dock....they know it will spread to ABF Teamsters.
An investment in their buddies.

I understand the logistics part of any freight company. What confuses me is wouldn't they want to keep all that $ in-house on their ABF trucks ?
If you are the salesman selling the customer on the logistics company you have to at least pretend you’re not biased

They take the lanes that are most profitable and run them with ABF. The rest they give to the lowest bidder. They have been growing the arc logistics business for a while now ,all the salesman no longer work for ABF they are all arc logistics employees.

Logistic companies,or 3PL's, usually use the cheapest carrier to move a shipment, and not necessarily their own carrier, in this case ARCBEST, and ABF. NP may in these cases be that carrier.