Holland | Are layoff's going to happen?

they have been telling us at new penn , here recently, that something big is about to happen, and there will be plenty who wont like it...course the tms are not saying what that is.....we keep hireing anything that breaths also..could it be a merger of the 3 regional companys...wont matter what they called it, here at new penn we are so far from what the real new penn was...it would almost be a good thing to change the name, with the lousy execution of freight moveing we do any more!! hearing anything like that at Holland??
If they did merge the new guy's would be ::shit:: out of luck....

they have been telling us at new penn , here recently, that something big is about to happen, and there will be plenty who wont like it...course the tms are not saying what that is.....we keep hireing anything that breaths also..could it be a merger of the 3 regional companys...wont matter what they called it, here at new penn we are so far from what the real new penn was...it would almost be a good thing to change the name, with the lousy execution of freight moveing we do any more!! hearing anything like that at Holland??
No rumors yet about changes ??? But a name maybe coming up more often ?? " HNRY Logistics "

MI is a little slower but not terribly. I don't believe there are any layoffs in the pipeline here.
you can still work all the hours you want on the city side but we haven't had much mandatory OT.

There's a way to keep the morale up. "something big is coming and you won't like it".

Another week and another 1 day slip seat with dispatch not confident I'm going back out again this week. The insurance is great my daughter has used it and I have used it for my first kidney stone!! .34 cents for a round of antibiotics!! I'm trying to decide if it's worth staying on for the insurance. Having to tap into savings to pay bills constantly sucks.
File for unemployment!

I seriously doubt any other LTL can guarantee you a full week of work right now either. You are right on the insurance. For right now, it is the best out there of any LTL.
Are you sure they are still paying the insurance we have to work 3 tours a week to get our health and welfare paid at YRC?

Are you sure they are still paying the insurance we have to work 3 tours a week to get our health and welfare paid at YRC?
That's true but at Holland if you were ready and available for work they still have to pay it regardless if you got 3 tours or not.
Problem is they automatically won't pay it. If you get a letter from Central States stating your health insurance plan was reduced for lack of work days, you can still get it paid retroactively by calling central dispatch and asking for the guy responsible for paying H&W, I can't remember his name at Holland. Tell him you were available for work during that period and they have to pay it as long as you were ready and available through no fault of your own. troubleman84 can confirm or maybe explain better.

Another CF they will reopen with HNRY Logistics?
Lord I hope not, I was with CF for a short time after CFCC/ABF fiasco. I saw what the international and bigwigs in Menlo Park did to those poor devils at the union side of CF and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.I still have a hard time being nice to the conway/xpo guys sometimes