Are the cuts going to happen in July?

deadbeat

TB Lurker
Credits
July is coming up fast and I would like to know for sure if I'm going to be living in poverty in four months. All the politicians talk a lot but do nothing. I feel like were taking this laying down when we should be rioting and burning Central States down. It doesn't seem like there is an organized effort to do anything .

I'm working on paying down my debt, so I won't be impacted to much with a pension benefit cut.
Don't get me wrong I will be hurting,along with every other one of my Teamster brothers & sisters,if the cut turns out to be 50% or more.
I will have a hard time adjusting with less than I'm used to receiving.

All of my working years under the NY State Teamsters pension fund.
I was lead to believe they were strong enough to be able to honor their members retirements.
Oh well thats life,can't do nothing about it,we just have to do our best to ride it out

I'm working on paying down my debt, so I won't be impacted to much with a pension benefit cut.
Don't get me wrong I will be hurting,along with every other one of my Teamster brothers & sisters,if the cut turns out to be 50% or more.
I will have a hard time adjusting with less than I'm used to receiving.

All of my working years under the NY State Teamsters pension fund.
I was lead to believe they were strong enough to be able to honor their members retirements.
Oh well thats life,can't do nothing about it,we just have to do our best to ride it out
We will never know the truth. UPS went on strike to stop them from leaving CSPF when Carey was president then Hoffa let them out for 6 billion and six months later the money was gone. Hoffa said it was due to the economy but it couldn't have been, not 6 billion dollars worth.

Reactions: ESP
July is coming up fast and I would like to know for sure if I'm going to be living in poverty in four months. All the politicians talk a lot but do nothing. I feel like were taking this laying down when we should be rioting and burning Central States down. It doesn't seem like there is an organized effort to do anything .

If Treasury approves the application, and we vote yes to the cuts, then July 1 will be the first day of the new plan. If we vote "NO" it will probably be September/October before it will be effective.

We are not taking it lying down. Thousands are getting ready to go to Washington on April 14, for a rally at Capital building and Treasury March 31st Many rallies across nation at capital buildings. Yes cuts will most likely happen, get ready now.

it's going to happen because you guys were sold down the river by Hoffa.
Teamsters and U.P.S. Reach Deal on Pensions
By STEVEN GREENHOUSEOCT. 1, 2007
...Under the accord, which covers 238,000 drivers and other workers, U.P.S. would be allowed to withdraw from the Central States pension plan,...
...Union and company officials hailed the agreement, saying it would help protect the pensions of the 44,000 active U.P.S. employees in the plan.

What about the other 194,000 teamsters pensions? They're not worth protecting?

...James P. Hoffa, the union president said, “We met that deadline and have negotiated an agreement that will greatly benefit our members at U.P.S. as well as Teamster members in other industries covered by pension and health and welfare funds.”...

This guy is a piece of ::shit:: and you keep electing him. Go figure?

...As part of the agreement, the company and the union will set up a new jointly administered plan for the 44,000 U.P.S. workers in the plan. Union officials said the U.P.S. move would ultimately result in larger pensions for those 44,000 employees....

How long did it take for UPS to change the pension accrual formula to a flat $105 per year of service, which cuts future pensions?

When you guys march on Washington, maybe you should boo Hoffa off of the stage?

We are not taking it lying down. Thousands are getting ready to go to Washington on April 14, for a rally at Capital building and Treasury March 31st Many rallies across nation at capital buildings. Yes cuts will most likely happen, get ready now.
How do you get ready for the end of the world as you know it. How do you find out about these rallys? Nobody told me anything. Maybe I can get a job as a greeter at Wal Mart.

How do you get ready for the end of the world as you know it. How do you find out about these rallys? Nobody told me anything. Maybe I can get a job as a greeter at Wal Mart.
I began getting ready for the cuts a year ago. It took me three months to fine tune my plan. You first need to know what your cut is and you should know this by your letter from Central States. My cut is $1300. When I got my next pension check I put $1300 away, not to touch and see where I could cut. The first month I was not there yet. I used some of the money I had put away. Repeat and repeat, until you have a plan that works. I ended up knowing I could shave 800 away, the other 500 will come out of savings each month till gone which will be about 14 years.( I also know most people did not save for this day to come ) However I will no longer be a productive person in the economy. I will not return to work and will make due without selling home or car. Each person will have to do their own math and make it work. LIFE WILL CHANGE AS YOU KNOW IT. Question #2, where is this info. Most is on Trucking Baords under Central States Pension Discussion Thread. You can also go to my post and read them a year or so back. Also Freightmaster has really been on the top of things for us all to see. Also TDU website has tons of infor on the buses meetings and rallies. What city are you located in? You can simply google Rally in Washington for pension cuts. Or teamsters. There are many ways to locate information, be creative and remember this all started back in Oct 14, new law passed on Pensions DEC 2014. You are just the type of person I have been fighting for. The ones that do not know will be blindsided by this. I will get back with you if you still need more help. PM me if you wish.

I began getting ready for the cuts a year ago. It took me three months to fine tune my plan. You first need to know what your cut is and you should know this by your letter from Central States. My cut is $1300. When I got my next pension check I put $1300 away, not to touch and see where I could cut. The first month I was not there yet. I used some of the money I had put away. Repeat and repeat, until you have a plan that works. I ended up knowing I could shave 800 away, the other 500 will come out of savings each month till gone which will be about 14 years.( I also know most people did not save for this day to come ) However I will no longer be a productive person in the economy. I will not return to work and will make due without selling home or car. Each person will have to do their own math and make it work. LIFE WILL CHANGE AS YOU KNOW IT. Question #2, where is this info. Most is on Trucking Baords under Central States Pension Discussion Thread. You can also go to my post and read them a year or so back. Also Freightmaster has really been on the top of things for us all to see. Also TDU website has tons of infor on the buses meetings and rallies. What city are you located in? You can simply google Rally in Washington for pension cuts. Or teamsters. There are many ways to locate information, be creative and remember this all started back in Oct 14, new law passed on Pensions DEC 2014. You are just the type of person I have been fighting for. The ones that do not know will be blindsided by this. I will get back with you if you still need more help. PM me if you wish.
Liked your post. About no longer being a productive person in the economy, I have found the underground economy. I buy and sell cash only. No receipts no records. You will be surprised how much you can pick up in a years time. My cut in my pension will put me down to the point that I will no longer owe Federal or State taxes. Won't even have to file returns!! Good luck, We will make it. I am going Under The Radar and not resurface.

Under the Radar 906

Last edited:
I will sell my camper bass boat and house and watch tv all day long in my government housing. I'm also going to sell my pickup and ride the oats bus. Life is good.

I will sell my camper bass boat and house and watch tv all day long in my government housing. I'm also going to sell my pickup and ride the oats bus. Life is good.
One problem with that. Even with the cuts, you most likely make to much to qualify for handouts. They planned that as well. Say your pension falls to 1200 dollars, you make to much. Then if you also get social security, you are way over paid in their minds. Good Luck. buy the way do you have some pictures of the camper and bass boat?:1036316054:

Myself like you I need to know what I well get for sure Iam still working now I need to see for how long thank god I still have my health if we knew this was coming 10 years ago we would have change are life stile such has no new cars out to eat and cut way back on giving to our adult children so now we are here thanks Phil