are they serious

If it is one bargaining unit, one vote... then why ten petitions signed by the same individual at ten seperate terminals?

Look, I know they will not succeed no matter how they define the unit, but I fail to understand the implementation of their strategy here. Bearing in mind I am a truck driver, and not a labor lawyer... LOL!

It appears to me the company got ahold of the national right to work foundation and had someone there draw up these petitions, I do not think anyone would be so stupid as to try this after having gone through what we just did. if you crossed the line you should have no say if we were taken back unconditionally, right? also why would they be allowed to keep those who resigned as Teamsters?

So the scumbags who denouced the union only have to pay a $500 fine and back dues. Come on IBT you can do better than that!

Are you talking about people who completely resigned from the Union or ones that became dues-only? Dues-only, even though they are "FORBIDDEN WORD"s, are still entitled to Union support because they pay Union dues.

Finacial core "members" have legal protection. It is not the IBT, but the Lawyers who have done this. If someone did not become finacial core then that is a whole different game and I believe they will have to pay much stiffer penalties if they are not thrown out of the workplace alltogether.