FedEx Freight | Are we charging our customers detention fees?

I have been told that FXF is or will be charging our customers if our P&D drivers have to wait more than 15 minutes. If this is true I believe that this is :fingure: up. Freight is getting slow so let's get our small customers
mad at us.
ABF is 30 minutes with delivery's I don't think they charge detention with pick ups....It can take 15 minutes to get inside the building with these new covid rules everyone has....

Yes, they are charging after 30 min at my center. Had a customer pissed about it a couple weeks ago. They go off your handheld, so don't arrive til your in the building & don't sit in the dock milking the clock while arrived at a customer, Or they might get charged. It's mainly because we are slow and they are trying to make up profits.

This is nothing new.
We have notification fees...
Tier fees....
High cost delivery area fees...
Fuel surcharge...
Redelivery charges...
Lift gate charges...
Inside delivery charges...
Freight direct charges...
This year it all added up to a nice 4.5% bonus....
Pretty close to $5000 on my end....

I have been told that FXF is or will be charging our customers if our P&D drivers have to wait more than 15 minutes. If this is true I believe that this is :fingure: up. Freight is getting slow so let's get our small customers
mad at us.
Been going on for year's.I don't work for FedEx.But,I've always been told you all were the first and lost Alot of business when you all started doing it.Like someone else commented it depends on each terminal.

This is nothing new.
We have notification fees...
Tier fees....
High cost delivery area fees...
Fuel surcharge...
Redelivery charges...
Lift gate charges...
Inside delivery charges...
Freight direct charges...
This year it all added up to a nice 4.5% bonus....
Pretty close to $5000 on my end....
Some or all of those fees are routinely exempted by contracts with shippers. Not all, but there are more than you might think.

Fx may say they are, but when a big customer says they'll stop using FxF as their carrier unless they waive the detention fees, bet your ass Fx will fold like a wet colth.
You may be right.
On the other hand we're generally the highest priced carrier in my neck of the woods.
They use us because we generally have some of the best service times...
Other carriers charge detention as well which puts everyone back on the same page.
They'll bark and threaten then realize others will charge as well...without the service.

They sure list them all on the D.R.
Oh I’m sure it does, however, when it comes time to adjust the invoice, that’s what gets reflected on the invoice. The same thing happens with W&R, the clerk does the audit and when it’s put into the computer, the exemptions override the extra charges. You as the delivery driver, never see the end invoice to the customer.

Oh I’m sure it does, however, when it comes time to adjust the invoice, that’s what gets reflected on the invoice. The same thing happens with W&R, the clerk does the audit and when it’s put into the computer, the exemptions override the extra charges. You as the delivery driver, never see the end invoice to the customer.
I guess not.
Just looking at the total on the D.R.

visitor here. YRC charges on a sliding scale. After 20 minutes, 1000 lbs or less $54.00 every 15 minutes. Up to 10,000, first 90 minutes free time. Then $54.00 every 15 minutes.