Yellow | Are We Merging With Holland???

It won’t happen ,Holland offers superior 2 day service to points that takes YRC freight a week .merging facilities is just a cost sharing option for the company.
Superior 2 day service, you think freight can’t do the same , you’re really believing everything that’s being fed to you?

I work there and I am a Linehaul or “Road Driver”. There is a grievance system in place. You can file for dispatch procedures not being followed. I have been here for 12 years and have filed 2 of them, only got paid on one. Most of my task is pay I didn’t work for, I get paid an hour and 15 minutes to drop, hook and fuel and it usually takes me 35 to 45 minutes to do those task. And don’t get me started on working the dock, I’m clocked in for about 2 hours but really only work about an hour. So for 3 hours and 15 minutes of pay at $29 a hour but I really only do about 1 hour and 45 minutes of work, and my 69 cents a mile for a 400 mile round trip run.

I know it’s a very good job with good pay, I’m saying they have much,much more flexibility with their line haul and the rest of the employees than YRC.
There are 50 to 100 grievances filed at our terminal monthly.
It’s a much easier task for your management..trust me.

As far as getting paid for being on the clock and not working you ain’t seen nothing yet.

Do the city guys file grievances?I know they bid start times by seniority.
They are the best non union LTL in the industry and I’ve said it many times on here.

They already merged Holland, and Roadway. They bought us merged our money in to their empty bank accounts and have been “ Merging “ our profits ever since.

Don't worry about merger's , if its meant to be it is , nobody has any control over it !!
e5b4fe2fed9c8e5373fa79b6f8e381b5.jpg

Don't worry about merger's , if its meant to be it is , nobody has any control over it !!
e5b4fe2fed9c8e5373fa79b6f8e381b5.jpg

Wong buddy, glad to see you're OK. I was getting a little worried after the voting results came out and they didn't go the way you wanted. I'm sorry for any hurt you feel because of that but I really hope you'll get over the bad news (for you anyway) and move on in a positive way. It is what it is. :1036316054:

Wong buddy, glad to see you're OK. I was getting a little worried after the voting results came out and they didn't go the way you wanted. I'm sorry for any hurt you feel because of that but I really hope you'll get over the bad news (for you anyway) and move on in a positive way. It is what it is. :1036316054:
Yes, 100% agree , it is what it is and it over and done and so time to move America again :guiness:

Wong buddy, glad to see you're OK. I was getting a little worried after the voting results came out and they didn't go the way you wanted. I'm sorry for any hurt you feel because of that but I really hope you'll get over the bad news (for you anyway) and movers on in a positive way. It is what it is.ey :1036316054:
My partner and I will be unavailable for a few weeks now. We are leaving Monday for Jersey helping with the opening of the new, Coop Dispatch company resort, The Boardwalk Drive Inn....

I disagree. There are several LTL companies, including the largest in the county, that can and do both every day successfully.
The largest made it's name on next day deliveries. then got into the LTL arena by buying existing companies. Not sure if yrc can do it in the reverse, by eliminating the regionals. but i'm sure we'll know soon enough.

I disagree. There are several LTL companies, including the largest in the county, that can and do both every day successfully.
Yrc, with their ancient hub and spoke terminal set up, and the relay and shuttle operations, are not even close to how XPO, FedEx, and OD move their freight. FedEx alone moves over 100,000 LTL shipments a day, and you hardly see any of their line haul drivers on the road on Sunday’s, or holidays. Neither Yellow or Roadway’s terminal networks were ever designed to move
1-2 day freight efficiently.

Yrc, with their ancient hub and spoke terminal set up, and the relay and shuttle operations, are not even close to how XPO, FedEx, and OD move their freight. FedEx alone moves over 100,000 LTL shipments a day, and you hardly see any of their line haul drivers on the road on Sunday’s, or holidays. Neither Yellow or Roadway’s terminal networks were ever designed to move
1-2 day freight efficiently.
Probably should look to do it the other way around.

a merger with Holland??? that would take a change of operations......ARE WE HAVING A CHANGE OF OPERATIONS SOON??? I have heard rumors of a COO coming from those at the 402 barn!!!
Just my 2¢, I would think and changes would come after the contract is ratified. There is still a supplemental ratification outstanding. There could be plans already in place, but would be implemented after all of the contract business is finished.

a merger with Holland??? that would take a change of operations......ARE WE HAVING A CHANGE OF OPERATIONS SOON??? I have heard rumors of a COO coming from those at the 402 barn!!!

Why are you all so nervous? Doesn't GM make Chevy's, Buick's and Caddy's? Doesn't Ford make Ford's, Mercury's and Lincoln's? Different products for different customers just like YRCW.

Why are you all so nervous? Doesn't GM make Chevy's, Buick's and Caddy's? Doesn't Ford make Ford's, Mercury's and Lincoln's? Different products for different customers just like YRCW.

Well actually they don't make Mercury's any more they were replaced by Ford(just like Edsel was.............)