Yellow | Are we that broke

Let me get this right, you're still here working for substandard pay even though you "owned a successful business". Ya, sure, I had a newspaper route too when I was 12 years old. :hysterical:
:hilarious:
Yeah , its seasonal and i work 40 hrs a week at this sh;thole for the free benefits. And make about $80 k in 6 months Unlike you who is probably a OT ***** and works 12 a day and thinks its the greatest job in the world. Oh and I have 35 yrs in so just waiting to cash that pension check in 18 months . So $135 k a year and free benefits and pension . Anything else to say ?? Doubt it !

Yeah , its seasonal and i work 40 hrs a week at this sh;thole for the free benefits. And make about $80 k in 6 months Unlike you who is probably a OT ***** and works 12 a day and thinks its the greatest job in the world. Oh and I have 35 yrs in so just waiting to cash that pension check in 18 months . So $135 k a year and free benefits and pension . Anything else to say ?? Doubt it !

C62D4A0B-C700-4423-9FEA-1608F6FEA70C.md.jpeg

There's some more people to make some noise before we go knocking on doors..
No more money for nothing.
Yeah! Money for nothing...and the chicks for free?!

:1036316054:
Can't believe that song is 38 years old!
Run GIF by Foo Fighters

Last edited:
YELLOW CAN BE MAKING MONEY AND HIRING MORE HELP IF THEY WOULD LOOK BACK TO THE DAYS WHEN FREIGHT COMPANIES TOOK THE SOLID TRUCK LOADS ALONG WITH LTL SHIPMENTS. THEY EVEN HAD A FLATBED DIVISION FOR HAULING STEEL, FLOOR LOADS FOR GROCERY AND OTHER PRODUCTS. THEY BRAGG ABOUT BEING 1 STOP CARRIER AND STILL CANT GET THAT STRAIGHT. LETS TALK ABOUT EQUIPMENT,THEY USED TO RETRO FIT OLD TARACTORS FOR CITY USE,CLEVELAND SHOP WOULD DROP A COUPLE OFF AND TAKE TWO BACK TO BE REBUILT. MAYBE I CAN GRAP LUNCH WITH DARREL AND GET THINGS IN HIS HEAD TO SET HIM STRAIGHT. I FEEL FOR THE PEOPLE GOING THROUGH THIS AND ITS A SHAME ! excuse me,i have to go vomit now, these idiots still get to me 15 years later.

YELLOW CAN BE MAKING MONEY AND HIRING MORE HELP IF THEY WOULD LOOK BACK TO THE DAYS WHEN FREIGHT COMPANIES TOOK THE SOLID TRUCK LOADS ALONG WITH LTL SHIPMENTS. THEY EVEN HAD A FLATBED DIVISION FOR HAULING STEEL, FLOOR LOADS FOR GROCERY AND OTHER PRODUCTS. THEY BRAGG ABOUT BEING 1 STOP CARRIER AND STILL CANT GET THAT STRAIGHT. LETS TALK ABOUT EQUIPMENT,THEY USED TO RETRO FIT OLD TARACTORS FOR CITY USE,CLEVELAND SHOP WOULD DROP A COUPLE OFF AND TAKE TWO BACK TO BE REBUILT. MAYBE I CAN GRAP LUNCH WITH DARREL AND GET THINGS IN HIS HEAD TO SET HIM STRAIGHT. I FEEL FOR THE PEOPLE GOING THROUGH THIS AND ITS A SHAME ! excuse me,i have to go vomit now, these idiots still get to me 15 years later.
Floor loaded truckload to grocery warehouses? That would surely make money, along with steel hauling. Maybe shoot Darren an email that you could be in Nashville to discuss this? Did you make it to the bathroom before you threw up?

Good. Good. Nothing worse than puke splattered on your mirror.Let us know what Darren has to say .
Yellow chief sent propaganda yesterday to the house. It’s all about how everybody loves the change your operations. I couldn’t believe what I was reading. I bet you that typewriter hated to print these lies.

Yellow chief sent propaganda yesterday to the house. It’s all about how everybody loves the change your operations. I couldn’t believe what I was reading. I bet you that typewriter hated to print these lies.
Was this picture on the back of the news letter?

00159ED7-C4C3-43B0-B711-60BB15DB6493.md.jpeg

Yellow chief sent propaganda yesterday to the house. It’s all about how everybody loves the change your operations. I couldn’t believe what I was reading. I bet you that typewriter hated to print these lies.I received my BS letter also
Everything is great according to the BS letter.
BUT they can’t replace the 60 dollar airbag under the switch tractors.
Shop supervisor says we would have better luck on worker’s compensation as he don’t give a rats ass he don’t have to drive them.
Gota love Yellow Supervisors they would rather spend a 100k on lawyers and compensation to screw employees than fix defective equipment.

You might want to educate yourself on how much debt various companies carry. Just for example, as of September 2022:

Knight Transportation 1.88B
Fedex 20.25B
United Parcel Service 20.35B
TFI International Inc 1.7B
Xpo Logistics 2.91B
Yrc Worldwide 1.56B
J B Hunt Transport 1.24B

And by the way, the banks required that YRC institute the givebacks before they would refinance the notes coming due back around 2009. The company didn't do that on their own.
Oh, for crying out loud Trip! You know better than that. Facts and logical reasoning have never been a prerequisite, for responding to replies.

I don't doubt that they pay a higher interest rate than a company on solid financial ground, higher risk, higher rate. I do doubt that all corporate loans are variable rate...link please?
The problem of making outrageous claims is some here are completely untethered from reality.

Oh, for crying out loud Trip! You know better than that. Facts and logical reasoning have never been a prerequisite, for responding to replies.

You might want to educate yourself on how much debt various companies carry. Just for example, as of September 2022:

Knight Transportation 1.88B
Fedex 20.25B
United Parcel Service 20.35B
TFI International Inc 1.7B
Xpo Logistics 2.91B
Yrc Worldwide 1.56B
J B Hunt Transport 1.24B

And by the way, the banks required that YRC institute the givebacks before they would refinance the notes coming due back around 2009. The company didn't do that on their own.
Understand debt is not very easy. In most cases it is measured as debt to equity.
How much debt d you have versus how much equity do you have.
For example UPS with $20 Billion plus in debt can seem like a lot but once understood along with the massive amount of equity UPS Has it paints a very different picture. In fact it looks like a healthy company.
Once you factor in profits, then it is a different story, because profits is how you repay debt.
My guess is all (almost all) of the listed companies are profitable and most continue to own a huge amount of assets. Thus they can pay their debts or can sell assets to do so.

My sources say... " They haven't been in a position to paydown debt. They have some maturities coming due next year but the banks will extend if they are in a similar financial position. They recently had the maturity on their revolver extended and the bank actually lowered the rate and increased the credit line amount. $400M in EBITDA over the last 12 months (through Q3) is twice what is required by the banks. They're fine now (but Q4 had to be horrible) but they really need tonnage flowing through the terminals again."