XPO | ARE WE THE ONLY MAJOR PLAYERS IN LTL THAT WORK THE DOCK?

doubledonger

TB Lurker
Credits
from what I hear/know ups,fed-x,od,yrc all turn-n-burn/run pures to dark terminals,some have "option" to help on dock if loads aren't ready if they run to a live fac,are we working toward this also???????????looks like by eliminating sub-service and holding freight longer we may be joining the party...………...I hope so

we have a run that is 198 each way... leave at 10 get there at 130 (with break) drop out until 2, take lunch , hit dock at 230 get your bills at 3... Not a big deal

from what I hear/know ups,fed-x,od,yrc all turn-n-burn/run pures to dark terminals,some have "option" to help on dock if loads aren't ready if they run to a live fac,are we working toward this also???????????looks like by eliminating sub-service and holding freight longer we may be joining the party...………...I hope so
Yes Conway’s style was the exception to the norm.

Not sure but doesn't YRC and OD driver spend night out in hotels. When I worked at Red Star I think it was max 3 night out. If I had my choose I take the dock time and be home every day. That the main reason I come here in the first place

So short of drivers in my area that very rarely have short runs. Most short runs via going out and back. Lots of miles. When new dockworker to "dock engineer" program starts at an FAC , they usually have dockworkers quit. Also lots of call offs on Fridays for dockworkers.

Online job sites new job postings ( for XPO ) now misleading potential new people by showing top rate of pay instead of starting rate. I'm sure it's a mistake.
t9q1pN2.jpg

CeUqqhI.jpg

wbVtASI.jpg

aG9azfN.jpg

t9q1pN2.jpg

CeUqqhI.jpg

wbVtASI.jpg

aG9azfN.jpg

UPS Freight has Nightliners that work the dock, Estes has Hub Drivers that work the dock, ABF has Utility Drivers that work the dock, Fed Ex has Drivers that work the dock. So no, XPO isn’t the only company with drivers working the dock....

Troll here. We have a mini break where about a half dozen guys run 400 or less. Most would rather sit in their trucks for free than work the dock for$. I work my home's outbound for 2-3 hrs then do a 528 mile meet.
yup,that's what I was told by former con-way drivers that went to fed-ex,they have "option" to wait for loadfs ,not work the dock,thanx

UPS Freight has Nightliners that work the dock, Estes has Hub Drivers that work the dock, ABF has Utility Drivers that work the dock, Fed Ex has Drivers that work the dock. So no, XPO isn’t the only company with drivers working the dock....
sounds like the "exception",not the rule,sounds like bottom guys/newbies work the dock,former con-way drivers I talk to that went to ups ,fed-ex and od told me NO DOCK,that's what i'm going by,if i'm wrong i'm wrong,but it sounds like MOST of their runs are drop n hook

Not sure but doesn't YRC and OD driver spend night out in hotels. When I worked at Red Star I think it was max 3 night out. If I had my choose I take the dock time and be home every day. That the main reason I come here in the first place
some by choice,former co-workers went to ups chose runs that go 2-3 days out w/teams,home every weekend,big$$$$

sounds like the "exception",not the rule,sounds like bottom guys/newbies work the dock,former con-way drivers I talk to that went to ups ,fed-ex and od told me NO DOCK,that's what i'm going by,if i'm wrong i'm wrong,but it sounds like MOST of their runs are drop n hook
Less than 400 miles dock mandatory unless you get a kickout, 401 - 475 don't have to work dock but, no delay until after cut time, 476+ no dock, delay after 30 min break at fedex, it all depends, this is also running into a hub.

Old Dominion pretty much ended any lay down bid runs a few years ago. But we still have what we call "wild" drivers that roam the system that stay out overnight or through the week.

So short of drivers in my area that very rarely have short runs. Most short runs via going out and back. Lots of miles. When new dockworker to "dock engineer" program starts at an FAC , they usually have dockworkers quit. Also lots of call offs on Fridays for dockworkers.

Online job sites new job postings ( for XPO ) now misleading potential new people by showing top rate of pay instead of starting rate. I'm sure it's a mistake.
t9q1pN2.jpg

CeUqqhI.jpg

wbVtASI.jpg

aG9azfN.jpg

t9q1pN2.jpg

CeUqqhI.jpg

wbVtASI.jpg

aG9azfN.jpg
By those listings I can see we're all over the place pay wise again.

By those listings I can see we're all over the place pay wise again.
Yep. It's stupid. XPO is absolutely struggling to get quality people in a lot of places. Some of those places are on the lower end of the payscale.

I can say don't be in a bubble. Read the other companies boards. These problems that are at XPO are also all around. The end result is instead of trying to be a leader and keep improving ( that's what high quality leading companies do ) XPO only seeks to be better than the next guy ( competition ) Why not seek to be THE BEST across the board? Oh well , going for that "just good enough" award.

That should be XPO's new motto : Just good enough ( they won't notice )