XPO | ARE WE THE ONLY MAJOR PLAYERS IN LTL THAT WORK THE DOCK?

Just like if someone has an accident on the road with an 82,000 set....the truck can handle the weight, prolly wasn't the sole cause of the accident but when money hungry lawyers get a hold of that info, it helps his case greatly.
If it isn't legal it doesn't leave the yard. It doesn't get any simpler then that. It's XPO truck while in the yard It's mine when I drive it out the gate.

I don't know the legal aspect but if that unlicensed driver leaves the yard such as you would have to do at our barn too not go against the traffic pattern and enter a street used as a public right away I think they would be Breaking the law .

That's an easy fix just don't leave the yard

Sometime recently they added that to the driver schools. It's a 5 week class, I believe.

Says a lot about the driver market if they're willing to train a dockworker to bump off a hostler.
Last I knew the FedEX barn put it new driving schools grads in the jockey truck of 6 month before they let them drive on the street

FedEx bids hostler to non-CDL holding dock workers, at least at some barns. If the hostler runs over a driver or smashes some equipment, it's on company property and therefore the company pays for it. It doesn't matter one lick if the operator has a CDL as long as it's not on the public roads. Insurance has nothing to do with what happens on private property.

Not sure but doesn't YRC and OD driver spend night out in hotels. When I worked at Red Star I think it was max 3 night out. If I had my choose I take the dock time and be home every day. That the main reason I come here in the first place
When you were at red star it deepened on your supplements.You were either a system driver and or in New England 3 beds max YRC has very few road drivers in New England,most are from Maybrook in the northeast and there are no systems drivers domisiled there most are turn and lay downs 3 beds

When you were at red star it deepened on your supplements.You were either a system driver and or in New England 3 beds max YRC has very few road drivers in New England,most are from Maybrook in the northeast and there are no systems drivers domisiled there most are turn and lay downs 3 beds
mid 90s and like I said I think that what it was, I'm not to sure.

Major FedEx terminal nearby has the P&D drivers working 4 days a week. 10 hour days with O/T if needed. Been doing it for a few years.
I would take a 10hr shift with a work Mon and Tues off Wed, work Thu, and Fri. Just the saving from gas and wear and tear on my vehicle alone is worth. Plus knowing if they want you to work on your day off it would be for OT.
I know some who work a 12 shift at a 24/7 place. He work 3 days on 2 off 2 days on 3 days off with every other weekend off Think of that February has 28 days think on only working 14 that month

I would take a 10hr shift with a work Mon and Tues off Wed, work Thu, and Fri. Just the saving from gas and wear and tear on my vehicle alone is worth. Plus knowing if they want you to work on your day off it would be for OT.
I know some who work a 12 shift at a 24/7 place. He work 3 days on 2 off 2 days on 3 days off with every other weekend off Think of that February has 28 days think on only working 14 that month
Fuel hauler nearby has a 12 on 12 off schedule. From 6 to 6 I think with 4 days a week. Great pay and benefits. Tough schedule though.

Fuel hauler nearby has a 12 on 12 off schedule. From 6 to 6 I think with 4 days a week. Great pay and benefits. Tough schedule though.
I all come down to what you want for you. Most grow up with parents that had 9-5 job Monday thru Friday. I didn't. I have found out over the years jobs with odd or crazy schedule tend to pay higher. Just look at what a person make working on an off shore drill rig. Per this article starting pay is 50K for entry level and most offshore oil rig jobs call for a 14/21 day rotation that means you work for 14 days and have 21 off. This equates to you having approximately 3/5 of the year off on holiday. It all what you want to do in life
https://www.experience.com/advice/c...oil-rig-jobs-can-be-tough-but-very-rewarding/

Troll here. We have a mini break where about a half dozen guys run 400 or less. Most would rather sit in their trucks for free than work the dock for$. I work my home's outbound for 2-3 hrs then do a 528 mile meet.
Whooo Hooo! Now that right there is one hell of a paycheck. Long hours but you need a wheelbarrow to haul the money away on Monday. Keep it up driver and enjoy life when you step away from this company at retirement. Good on you driver.

Whooo Hooo! Now that right there is one hell of a paycheck. Long hours but you need a wheelbarrow to haul the money away on Monday. Keep it up driver and enjoy life when you step away from this company at retirement. Good on you driver.
Just happy my wife doesn’t complain when I volunteer for weekend work.

I ran a schedule like that for awhile. LOVED IT! 12 on 12 off for 4 days then 4 off. Couldn't do jack on your 4 work days, but it was like a long weekend every off period. It was a rolling 4 on 4 off so you ended up working Friday Saturday Sunday Monday some shifts but you could count out on the calander for the whole year and see the go/no go weekends. My wife and kids liked it too.

from what I hear/know ups,fed-x,od,yrc all turn-n-burn/run pures to dark terminals,some have "option" to help on dock if loads aren't ready if they run to a live fac,are we working toward this also???????????looks like by eliminating sub-service and holding freight longer we may be joining the party...………...I hope so
at ups freight lots of us drivers work the dock..especially at end of the line terminal and road drivers that go to a hub or mini hub

at ups freight lots of us drivers work the dock..especially at end of the line terminal and road drivers that go to a hub or mini hub
Most all carriers but XPO do not work the dock if you run more then 475 miles , over 525 at others .union never ever . That’s YRC & New Penn anyways . Pretty sure Holland & ABF do not either

At R&L , if you are a linehaul or city driver, there is NO dockwork ever. Recently they have added a few combo driver positions at a few terminals but it is not a good gig. If there is limited city work you are the first to be sent home after dock shift as a combo guy.