Are you in support of 18 to 20-year-olds being able to cross state lines

Are you in support of 18 to 20-year-olds being able to cross state lines

• Support

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Opposition

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Nope. And i dont think the reason is safety alone. I can see it now, recruiters at highschools throwing numbers around and the system gets flooded by drivers that will work for less than the rest of us. 30-40K/year will sound like alot to teenagers

Thats if they can get insured. I think a looming driver shortage will give us leverage and its showing. Pay on the industry is rising a smidge.

We've been getting over 2 cents a year lately with bonus checks. Things are finally starting to look good for truckers.

Right, even truckload companies are offering more hometime and $$ nowadays. I think if we keep this trend and start getting drivers home more the shortage will fix itself.

I can still remember a little about myself when I was that age and I don't think that they should be in the heaviest trucks at all, let alone crossing state lines.

At age 21 I'd stay out all night partying on the weekend at home then drive drunk to Philadelphia or wherever they said without a wink of sleep. They say the brain isn't fully developed until the mid 20's.

Another "idea" from our addlepated dunderheads in the District of Calamity.
It'll work as well as the current H. O. S. and the E. L. D. mandate along with all the foreign NON ENGLISH SPEAKING drivers, so how could truck driving possibly get any more dangerous?:scratchhead:

Have a :guiness: to equal No Worries Mate!
CHEERS!!

Easy arm chair decision...........
we have no draft. many join the military of thier own free will. they are as trained as can be. if they get body parts blown off, or killed, it's too bad, but that shyte happens. once signed up for the military, thier ass belongs to Uncle Sam and where he sends them

the training for truck drivers is far different from the military, another poster already said that, or can't you read..????

others here are also saying a resounding NO to 18 yr olds behind the wheel of a big rig.

we have no draft. many join the military of thier own free will. they are as trained as can be. if they get body parts blown off, or killed, it's too bad, but that shyte happens. once signed up for the military, thier ass belongs to Uncle Sam and where he sends them

the training for truck drivers is far different from the military, another poster already said that, or can't you read..????

others here are also saying a resounding NO to 18 yr olds behind the wheel of a big rig.
Yeah,I can read! In regards to your analogy it's unfortunate though........