Pitt-Ohio | Are you're straight trucks automatics or sticks or both?

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
I'm just curious are you're straight trucks Alison Push Button automatics? I'm just wondering, because there are a ton of automatic straight trucks out there heck I half figured anymore if you want a standard shift straight truck it has to be ordered special like that.

The newest order of Freightliner straight trucks still have the 6 speed manuals. Autos have been used in a small number of tractors in recent years, but I've never seen an auto in any of the straights.

That's interesting, I would figure it would be the other way around. Figure the straight trucks which are all in the dense heavy city areas would be automatics given the nature of the work and the road trucks and Class A trucks would be 10 speeds.

well..
That's interesting, I would figure it would be the other way around. Figure the straight trucks which are all in the dense heavy city areas would be automatics given the nature of the work and the road trucks and Class A trucks would be 10 speeds.

I don't always understand their logic, so I just play along. Autos are nice in stop and go situations but the 6 speeds aren't so bad. We used to have 5 speeds in tractors and I didn't mind running them in the city.

well..

I don't always understand their logic, so I just play along. Autos are nice in stop and go situations but the 6 speeds aren't so bad. We used to have 5 speeds in tractors and I didn't mind running them in the city.
The newer NS series straight trucks are automatics. Theu are also lighter GVW too

I always looks to see if Pitt-Ohio is hiring and usually they aren't not in my neighborhood there terminal isn't to far from my house so that's probably a pretty good sign.