Estes | Arson arrest

Guessing the guys maybe will stop smoking in the trailers now ??
8e05802bce3b8fc08aedd1d51e4206ad.jpg

Obviously a mental thing. Makes you wonder who's sitting beside you.
I'm basically a natural born antagonizer. I often think I should back off as each generation gets their feelers hurt more easily but I just can't help myself
I tend to be a fix it.

IF I sit next to a alphabet beta male... I need a wad of cash and the appointment to drag same into the bunny ranch out west. They can fix it there and he will be fine.

And people wonder why I live very quietly.

Rumor was that Estes was looking at installing heated docks this winter, this was the test terminal, but the whole thing went up in smoke!
We actually cooled or heated docks in either season with the reefer trailer. The thermoking possessed enough BTU to feed a dock a nice area for a while. Burn a few gallons of that fuel keeping people happy.

Im pretty sure the Boss would raise holy hell at such waste. But you cannot put money in any amount on happy humans working in weather that is otherwise really bad.

We actually cooled or heated docks in either season with the reefer trailer. The thermoking possessed enough BTU to feed a dock a nice area for a while. Burn a few gallons of that fuel keeping people happy.

Im pretty sure the Boss would raise holy hell at such waste. But you cannot put money in any amount on happy humans working in weather that is otherwise really bad.
Last time I checked docks were heated and cooled. Heated in summer and cooled in the winter.. Just saying..

Last time I checked docks were heated and cooled. Heated in summer and cooled in the winter.. Just saying..
We would set the reefer to -20 or whatever, open the doors. Back in with the thing howling in continuous.

The cloud of frost coming out of the back into the summer heat on the dock side is like Turkey in the Straw drawing in hordes of sweating lumpers to cool off a while.

We would set the reefer to -20 or whatever, open the doors. Back in with the thing howling in continuous.

The cloud of frost coming out of the back into the summer heat on the dock side is like Turkey in the Straw drawing in hordes of sweating lumpers to cool off a while.
Yeah we just retaliated against the one management kiss butt by back our towmotors into their trailer against the wall and floor them. The exhaust would heat up the trailer, and it would also blow the burnt rubber from tires to the nose of X trailer making it hard to breath. Yeah we were a bunch of POS's

Yeah we just retaliated against the one management kiss butt by back our towmotors into their trailer against the wall and floor them. The exhaust would heat up the trailer, and it would also blow the burnt rubber from tires to the nose of X trailer making it hard to breath. Yeah we were a bunch of POS's
Usually what we did was slow down.

I had a suit come into the trailer once. Asked me when Im going to be done with this stuff off my truck?

Looked over the 10 or so pallets of stuff yea high that needs to be on HIS SMALL WOOD yea LOW and told him 4 hours.

no no no DRIVAH... be fast. We are waiting on you....

Thats a shame boss, all those workers leaning around your drivers room over there. They can damn well come in here and YOUR freight come off fast.

No.

Its still four hours.

But why? You stupid or something lazy Drivah?

No. Your entire company suffered a failure in efficiency when they failed to spec this particular truck load prestacked on small wood and loaded into three trailers to deliver. You would have one towmotor have all three empty in a hour.

No driver gets to tell me how to run my company.

Then its still four hours suh. Sorry.

And you wonder why I have been banned from some of these places.

I loved trucking too much. Get to tell the truth to some of those who cannot suffer themselves to hear it. So simple. Just dont tell him for the cost of one pizza delivered hot to me in that trailer with ham, onions and pepperoni on cheese would have that empty in a hour and half. But nooo....

I could see Estes spending millions making each dock heated just for the TM to never turn them on because it cuts into their budget/ bonus.
Its all about that bonus that the tm gets nothing for the other workers but month after month we get told get your act together this is a team effort.