As a backup with Patriots, Jimmy Garoppolo thought he was better than Tom Brady

All he's gotta do is win 6 Super Bowls to prove himself right.

Super Bowls are won by the team. There have been some amazing players that never won much of anything.

Barry Sanders was amazing. And most the time was playing without much help at all. Just an example. Not to say Garoppolo is any where near that talent. The thing that really hurts Brady is that every time he went out. The team kept winning.

Last I read he's starting with the 49rs
It's easy to talk about how good you are but tougher to convince team owners.It took tom 3 Superbowls to convince the Patriot owner he was for real

Last I read he's starting with the 49rs
It's easy to talk about how good you are but tougher to convince team owners.It took tom 3 Superbowls to convince the Patriot owner he was for real

Is Brady for real though ? Matt Cassell looked amazing in that system and terrible outside of it. We have never seen Brady play for any one else. Would he still be Mr MVP if the Browns had drafted him ?

Is Brady for real though ? Matt Cassell looked amazing in that system and terrible outside of it. We have never seen Brady play for any one else. Would he still be Mr MVP if the Browns had drafted him ?

For best quarterback in a lackluster organization I nominate Dan Fouts.

For one thing why would Brady leave when he's collecting sb rings
Second the browns couldn't afford his current paychecks or duplicate his current offense talent
Last but not least if Brady left now his contract could stop immediatly and wouldn't carry to another team or pay the balance owed

The NFL put a stop to that when Barry Sanders ( lions ) took off mid contract expecting the rest of his pay

For one thing why would Brady leave when he's collecting sb rings
Second the browns couldn't afford his current paychecks or duplicate his current offense talent
Last but not least if Brady left now his contract could stop immediatly and wouldn't carry to another team or pay the balance owed

The NFL put a stop to that when Barry Sanders ( lions ) took off mid contract expecting the rest of his pay

That's not what I am saying. What I mean. Is what if the Browns, or any other team, had taken Brady. Do you really think that he had the talent to win all these games somewhere else ? Or is it the system he is in and the coaching he is under ?

That's not what I am saying. What I mean. Is what if the Browns, or any other team, had taken Brady. Do you really think that he had the talent to win all these games somewhere else ? Or is it the system he is in and the coaching he is under ?

Tom got the job by luck in my opinion because Drew bledsoe got his bell rang big time by a line backer ( can't remember what game it was ) drew tried to make a comeback unfortunately he had too many previous injuries.
Tom stepped in and the rest is history. It's one of those unexplained success stories where coaches and QB found a way to keep winning even when the NFL rules keep changing year to year

To answer your question, No I don't think tom would duplicate what took seasons to be where he is and different team owners don't have the same knowledge to put a good team together

Until last night Detroit 26 pats 10 the Lions were all over him last night
As a lifelong Pats FAN we expect to play for at least the CONFERENCE title despite a slow early season start like this year. In the Brady era they were always PRIMED come playoff time, but this year feels different this is the weakest team the Pats have fielded in a long time . They have been beaten soundly in their losses and an aging Tom Brady makes us wonder, right now even though we are in a weak division nothing seems guaranteed !

As a lifelong Pats FAN we expect to play for at least the CONFERENCE title despite a slow early season start like this year. In the Brady era they were always PRIMED come playoff time, but this year feels different this is the weakest team the Pats have fielded in a long time . They have been beaten soundly in their losses and an aging Tom Brady makes us wonder, right now even though we are in a weak division nothing seems guaranteed !

Could be his arm strength. That hit Payton in end. Maybe time to pass the reigns.

Could be his arm strength. That hit Payton in end. Maybe time to pass the reigns.
That is a big part of it having watched him his whole career NOBODY could fire that football into TIGHT windows like Tom Brady ! he did it with precision his whole career but now the "smoke" and that tight "spiral" he put on that ball is just not there. It is early in the season but god forbid if they Don't make the playoffs and he plays below his standards EVERYBODY knows how much him and the Coach HATE each other, yeah he will the BACK-UP quarterback next year if he doesn't RETIRE !!

That is a big part of it having watched him his whole career NOBODY could fire that football into TIGHT windows like Tom Brady ! he did it with precision his whole career but now the "smoke" and that tight "spiral" he put on that ball is just not there. It is early in the season but god forbid if they Don't make the playoffs and he plays below his standards EVERYBODY knows how much him and the Coach HATE each other, yeah he will the BACK-UP quarterback next year if he doesn't RETIRE !!

I don't think Bilichick and Brady hate each other. I think if that were true. Garrapolo be there still. Brady be backing up. However Bilichick shuts media out completely