XPO | Ask a CSR anything

Keep playing with it and you might find out how to get to the other applications on there... like the camera and games.

Do you think the handhelds will lead to job losses for CSRs? Do you think handhelds should lead to less CSRs? If handhelds do lead to CSR job losses , how many will it be as a percentage? ( 5% , 10% , 30% , etc)

Do you think the handhelds will lead to job losses for CSRs? Do you think handhelds should lead to less CSRs? If handhelds do lead to CSR job losses , how many will it be as a percentage? ( 5% , 10% , 30% , etc)

The handhelds will result in CSR job losses they have definitely freed up some time. They virtually eliminate the check in process the only thing we have to watch for now is hazmat and custom docs. I would estimate 25% percent job losses for CSR's. As always this is my opinion, we still stay busy clearing off the envelopes from exceptions that are sent in.

I don't think any CSRs will loose their job. I think their time may be spent doing things that are more productive. There are many things that we do poorly at Con-way (answering the phones). CSRs can spend more time doing those types of things better.

I don't think any CSRs will loose their job. I think their time may be spent doing things that are more productive. There are many things that we do poorly at Con-way (answering the phones). CSRs can spend more time doing those types of things better.

I hope this is the case but a lot of our duties were eliminated with the handhelds. Phone traffic is wayyyyy down. We have been doing shortcuts on almost all of our assigned duties because of the previous phone traffic. I am sure you can all tell by most OSD bays that we are behind lol.

The handhelds will result in CSR job losses they have definitely freed up some time. They virtually eliminate the check in process the only thing we have to watch for now is hazmat and custom docs. I would estimate 25% percent job losses for CSR's. As always this is my opinion, we still stay busy clearing off the envelopes from exceptions that are sent in.

well maybe they will start working on OS&D in some of these barns...since you have some free time...

well maybe they will start working on OS&D in some of these barns...since you have some free time...

Slowly but surely we are getting there. The handhelds wont eliminate overages shortages or damages but I think it will greatly reduce them it also comes in handy when you see the pro #'s popping up at other service centers on the trace.

At my service center it takes FOREVER to get a response from dispatch. You text themyou are current and get nothing.

When I am in the city I text to let dispatch know I am ready for my next assignment , and it takes FOREVER to get a response.