Asking For A Friend

wannabe2326

TB Lurker
Credits
he has questions about dollar general trucking he is trying to find something closer to home. he was recenty diagnosed with diabetes and does not know if he should say anything till under control

Idk much about diabetes, but if he's thinking about leaving his current carrier and going to another that will most likely require a new physical. Lying on that form is a rabbit hole nobody should go down.

Dollar general accounts are a lot of physical labor. You're unloading that trailer by yourself and pulling it into the stores. If your friend isn't in the best of health, that physical work may be too much.

Closer to home doesn't always mean more home time.. your commute home counts as part of your 10 hour break. If you work a 14 hour day and it takes you half an hour to get home and half an hour to get to work, that leaves you 9 hours to eat, sleep, shower and wind down.

I don't want to slam, but there are worse things than being rejected after a physical. Passing out while unloading or, God forbid, while he's driving, both could have much longer term consequences. Even being pre-diabetic can mess with you pretty hard. Metformin brain is a thing. I wa pre-diabetic for about six months. It scared me enough to get me off the fence and deal with my weight.