Reddaway | Astoria

Many nonunion trucklines dont pay OT after 8 or 40 hours OD pays after 50 Estes after 60 in the week you dont have a contract so saturday can be paid at whatever rate the company see's fit! if you take the money YOU put in your 401k and think of it as a pay CUT ! because thats what it is. I dont pay one cent into my pension! the COMPANY pay's 4.25 PER hour for the FIRST 2080 hour's of the year YOU do the math. I have seen some of your other posts like the one where you cry about your dispatch being changed! (if i was union could they do that ? ) come on man if your so happy nonunion then fine WHO CARES? if you cant see the light YOUR LOSS.

Just a ?

Many nonunion trucklines dont pay OT after 8 or 40 hours OD pays after 50 Estes after 60 in the week you dont have a contract so saturday can be paid at whatever rate the company see's fit! if you take the money YOU put in your 401k and think of it as a pay CUT ! because thats what it is. I dont pay one cent into my pension! the COMPANY pay's 4.25 PER hour for the FIRST 2080 hour's of the year YOU do the math. I have seen some of your other posts like the one where you cry about your dispatch being changed! (if i was union could they do that ? ) come on man if your so happy nonunion then fine WHO CARES? if you cant see the light YOUR LOSS.

How much are those reddaway drivers in the n.w. getting a month for say 25-years service in the union barns? $4.25 per hour times 2080 is $8,840.00! Can i transfer there!:1036316054:

How much are those reddaway drivers in the n.w. getting a month for say 25-years service in the union barns? $4.25 per hour times 2080 is $8,840.00! Can i transfer there!:1036316054:

We have 84 And out. master freight is 80 and more per hour. Pretty slim up here right now not working the bottom guy and just 8 or 9 hours a day. it will pick up sooner or later though allways does. Oh sorry im not sure what the monthly pay out is, that 4.25 is our last pension raise 4-01-08 on this contract.

Pension is very hard to calculate. You must take every hour worked times the rate times the multiplier. Usually people get the 2080 unless they get hurt or something but then you have different rate changes all the time. Also the multiplier has changed many times over the years as well. We had many great bonus years during the 90's so the multiplier went up and down alot. Then the collapse of 2003 and then finally back up to the normal 2.00% this year. The statements from the pension trust should be at your doorstep pretty soon.

Story is here at corporate that the AST frt may move out of the Longview barn...but at this point its all just scuttlebutt...

Story is here at corporate that the AST frt may move out of the Longview barn...but at this point its all just scuttlebutt...

That figures wonder how long before they turn it to some one? my understanding is they only had 15 to 25 bill inbound a day

It seems that way...I know we don't move a whole lot in or out of there as a rule, at least from the customer service perspective. I imagine there may be freight going in and out of there as drop at terminal or willcall, so we here don't hear about it. There just doesn't seem to be whole buttloads of freight moving on the OR coast period...not like there used to be. Don't know if it's just the economy or if the customers are just sending it to different carriers. Word that's trickling down the pipe is that the OR coastal barns are bleeding money, so you all know what that probably means....

I know they were money losers when we just delivered ( our) freight. but my understanding is with all the Yellow and Roadway freight that is now turned to them they were makeing good money. Who knows ? they only work 3 guys out of Newport and cover 200 miles of coastline. but if they did close them who would run YRC freight overthere?

DO you guys remember what happen to Redstar some union guys from holland thought it would be I great idea to picket there yards and stop work for a few days (like a week) redstar got so far behind
and lost so much money that they just closed the doors, lots of people lost their jobs because of the short sightedness of a few. Where was the union then????

Whait a minute. You have your story wrong ! Redstar was losing money for years. So they let a secretary's strike at the philly terminal snowball until they shut the doors about 4 days later. Now this was in the summer of2004 AND YRC bought USF in Feb of 05 I wonder howlong YRC had been talking to USF ? they shutdown Redstar because YRC did not want a money losing truckline ! they merged some thrminals into the holland system and cleared the way for the purchase of USF. So it wasent some big bad union shut them down so union employees can loose there jobs and the union can loose members and move on to the next company and do the same it just doesent make sence.

Well its official...they closed the doors on AST yesterday, and are running the freight from AST out of the Longview barn...

yep, I wonder how long that will last ? Have any idea if usf was getting Yellow and Roadway freight turned to them for Astoria ? Or if they ran that themselfs ?

Whait a minute. You have your story wrong ! Redstar was losing money for years. So they let a secretary's strike at the philly terminal snowball until they shut the doors about 4 days later. Now this was in the summer of2004 AND YRC bought USF in Feb of 05 I wonder howlong YRC had been talking to USF ? they shutdown Redstar because YRC did not want a money losing truckline ! they merged some thrminals into the holland system and cleared the way for the purchase of USF. So it wasent some big bad union shut them down so union employees can loose there jobs and the union can loose members and move on to the next company and do the same it just doesent make sence.

Bro, i have been saying this for a while and i agree with you. just review some of my posts. anyone who believes a strike by some office workers sunk Red Star is delusional.

DO you guys remember what happen to Redstar some union guys from holland thought it would be I great idea to picket there yards and stop work for a few days (like a week) redstar got so far behind
and lost so much money that they just closed the doors, lots of people lost their jobs because of the short sightedness of a few. Where was the union then????

Maybe you ought to do a little research about the closing of Redstar and the so called strike and what it was truely about...

Most of the Yellow/Roadway LTL frt was turned to AST for final delivery. TL wasn't, but there wasn't that much of it to begin with, I don't think. I feel bad for those guys; there's just not gobs of employment in that area to begin with, unless you want to call logs and wood chips...

Stop acting so cruel and stuck up. A bunch of men are losing good paying jobs during tough times and it's BS that you sit here laughing at them b/c they weren't union. The time for most of you may come at USF someday with YRC at the helm. And with not many good paying union jobs hiring these days, it wont be a walk in the park to follow the money. :smilie_132:

Let's be honest.That "bunch of men" consists of two drivers that had no boss breathing down their shoulders. They were driving the gravy train with biscuit wheels

Astoria was NOT a Union Terminal!! it was a satellite of Longview, Wa. and only had a single Driver. It wasn't as big a loss to the system as it's being made out to be!! It's just handled out of Longview now.

Hey i like biscuits & gravy, but no gravy or biscuits in cali..:smilie_132:
Wanna bet???
biscuits_and_gravy.jpg