XPO | At will states

slimestones

TB Lurker
Credits
recently there has been a LOT of guys concerned because they work in "at will states",please type at will employment into your browser,most states are "at will",BUT if you are a member of a union,have a contract,or collectively bargained agreement that negates the "at will" status.ALSO 42 STATES recognize "IMPLIED CONTRACT",ie...the strike policy would DEFINITELY be considered an IMPLIED CONTRACT....ALSO 43 states recognize "violation of public policy" which means they can't fire you for unusual things,race,gender,etc,also they can't fabricate reasons to fire you.

recently there has been a LOT of guys concerned because they work in "at will states",please type at will employment into your browser,most states are "at will",BUT if you are a member of a union,have a contract,or collectively bargained agreement that negates the "at will" status.ALSO 42 STATES recognize "IMPLIED CONTRACT",ie...the strike policy would DEFINITELY be considered an IMPLIED CONTRACT....ALSO 43 states recognize "violation of public policy" which means they can't fire you for unusual things,race,gender,etc,also they can't fabricate reasons to fire you.

Your actually posting some truth? How long did it take you read all of that? And btw, nobody can discriminate angainst race, gender, religion, etc. Its called civil rights.. so you could've left that part out.. its been around since the sixties.

Honestly does anyone know a person who was terminated for no reason? For a person to be let go it goes through the SCM, DOO, VPO, and President. That many people aren't going to terminate anyone without valid cause.

Honestly does anyone know a person who was terminated for no reason? For a person to be let go it goes through the SCM, DOO, VPO, and President. That many people aren't going to terminate anyone without valid cause.
these guys complaint don't want to work.. they would sit at home and let Obama take care of them, but they can't, they have to work... but want to do it on their own terms..that's why they need protection from getting fired...they don't want to work... want to ride the clock..

these guys complaint don't want to work.. they would sit at home and let Obama take care of them, but they can't, they have to work... but want to do it on their own terms..that's why they need protection from getting fired...they don't want to work... want to ride the clock..
Beerfd do you even know why all the union stuff started? it had nothing to do with protection it was because conway broke all there promisses and got greedy and now there's no going back they did this to themselves!

Beerfd do you even know why all the union stuff started? it had nothing to do with protection it was because conway broke all there promisses and got greedy and now there's no going back they did this to themselves!
the company made those economic changes so they could stay a float. Im glad i have a good job. Thousands of companies did the same thing. Yrc made those decisions too.. unfortunately, too late.. we even got our paycut back.. everything is great. Good and easy money job. Now you wouldn't want to mess that up now..would you?

I wont say anything else about the effort or dispute anything else, uuntil i see something. Somewhere besides on here.. im out of your way.. for real this time.

the company made those economic changes so they could stay a float. Im glad i have a good job. Thousands of companies did the same thing. Yrc made those decisions too.. unfortunately, too late.. we even got our paycut back.. everything is great. Good and easy money job. Now you wouldn't want to mess that up now..would you?

I wont say anything else about the effort or dispute anything else, uuntil i see something. Somewhere besides on here.. im out of your way.. for real this time.

If conway was worried about staying afloat then why did they spend $750 million on a truckload company & where exactly did that money come from? You may need to pull your head out of the sand & look around, & understand that there are many other employees here & not all of them are as content as you are. you accuse everyone of wanting something for nothing well I put in a hard days work 5 days out of the week just as I agreed to do when I hired in , & now I want them to hold up to what they said they would give in return.

Yeah sh!third he knows why all this union stuff started, and so does the rest of us. But just won't admit it ! And let's just see how long it takes before he has to say something. I'll give it one minute!

If conway was worried about staying afloat then why did they spend $750 million on a truckload company & where exactly did that money come from? You may need to pull your head out of the sand & look around, & understand that there are many other employees here & not all of them are as content as you are. you accuse everyone of wanting something for nothing well I put in a hard days work 5 days out of the week just as I agreed to do when I hired in , & now I want them to hold up to what they said they would give in return.

That's not sand his head is in. Its the scm's arse. Now don't go screwing up all that sucking up he's been doing for so many years.

Dead nuts on!

if you are concerned about being "at will", just OPENLY show union support, like wearing pins or union caps, then if they try and play any games over bull****, you have the "ace up your sleeve" and can go down to the NLRB with a BA and file charges because they are harassing you over union support. most companies that are SMART won't touch union supporters who are open about it because they know unless they have just cause for reprimand or termination, the company will end up getting dragged into a legal exchange that they don't want with the NLRB.

"at will" employment stops when you assert your labor rights like this. if you are a quiet supporter, your out in the open moreso than someone who is vocal about it. and for some reason, ignorant people assume the exact opposite.

i totally agree,but there have been guys here that are scared to death to even think about (3rd parties)because they said they work in an at-will state and would be fired for no reason,just wanted to show them the law so they can make an informed decision,and sign the card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh sweety ,what happened,remember your mantra"i don't care about anybody else,i have mega seniority and i cash a big fat check.stop worrying about other people then and stop running scared,oh and i only post FACTS,unlike you,and i'm still waiting for your proof that i changed numbers around,guess your an uncredible LIAR who likes to spew garbage without backing it up,ps.......EVERYONE NOW KNOWS YOUR A LIAR

do you any that were termintaded for something?but other people that were not for the same exact thing?

if you are concerned about being "at will", just OPENLY show union support, like wearing pins or union caps, then if they try and play any games over bull****, you have the "ace up your sleeve" and can go down to the NLRB with a BA and file charges because they are harassing you over union support. most companies that are SMART won't touch union supporters who are open about it because they know unless they have just cause for reprimand or termination, the company will end up getting dragged into a legal exchange that they don't want with the NLRB.

"at will" employment stops when you assert your labor rights like this. if you are a quiet supporter, your out in the open moreso than someone who is vocal about it. and for some reason, ignorant people assume the exact opposite.
NLRB and conway have a pending allready.

I have thought this to be true but have not seen it work....or not work.

OH IT WORKS!!!! it just shows the sad state of the information american workers get. It would be like watching a guy complain about the gas mileage of his car, and you walk over and you show him that its stuck in 2nd gear! knowing your labor rights is like kickin it into overdrive. That is how little most workers know about Labor rights. And with the technology out there today, if you cant CYA, you are one dumb mutha.....

OH IT WORKS!!!! it just shows the sad state of the information american workers get. It would be like watching a guy complain about the gas mileage of his car, and you walk over and you show him that its stuck in 2nd gear! knowing your labor rights is like kickin it into overdrive. That is how little most workers know about Labor rights. And with the technology out there today, if you cant CYA, you are one dumb mutha.....
we are well schooled on what we can and cant do,us and other terminals are so far ahead we were told to slow down and let others catch up.but we arnt good listeners,having a union imfo.cookout sounded fun what the heck.