Atlanta, GA Terminal pix

UPSFreightDUId

TB Lurker
Credits
Heres some pix I took on 5/25/08 after word of the shutdown...
004-2.jpg

001.jpg

005-1.jpg

008.jpg

I still am not fully over it. Seemed like Jevic would be around forever....

I haven't been to J5 since probably 07. It wasn't a bad terminal, in my opinion.

xeastend, I haven't been back down that way lately, I'll try to get down there over the next few weeks and catch some pics of whats left, if their is anything...I've seen a few ex-Jevic Volvo sleepers on the road, no pics though

xeastend, I drove past the terminal in Atlanta the other day, all the Jevic equipment is gone, the sign is still out on the road though. Another trucking firm is using the terminal, some local outfit...I did see one of the Jevic Volvo sleepers at the Estes terminal right around the corner, It seems quite a few of 'em have entered Estes team fleet.

I was with Jevic for 10yrs. I know this sounds corny, but I got a little choked up seeing all the trucks just sitting there. I really never thought this would happen to us.

I was with Jevic for 10yrs. I know this sounds corny, but I got a little choked up seeing all the trucks just sitting there. I really never thought this would happen to us.

No one ever knows when and if their company will close.
I worked for APA for 20 years. Nobody ever thought that they would close. But, the step-son wanted more. And in the end he got more than he could handle.
It's a shame that these fine companies are closing.
It's the nature of the business.
We will survive.

What a shame. I feel for those of you who lost their jobs, especially those of you who loved Jevic the way you do.

I remember the Jevic ads promoting high pay and, from what I hear,t hey actually delivered the high pay they promised. All I knew about them is that when I studied for my hazmat, their test on the website helped me pass it.