Holland | Atlanta Illinois Motel?

slipperysleuth

Tornadicthermalcyclogenesis, sorta..
Credits
WHAT THE HECK???
who is complaining about the new Super 8 in Mclean SO much to have us move BACK into the OLD Atlanta Il motel?? I run a bid into the LI terminal and was surprised to see we moved back to the old place.. Any input from drivers that have laid over would be appreciated.
Thanks

WHAT THE HECK???
who is complaining about the new Super 8 in Mclean SO much to have us move BACK into the OLD Atlanta Il motel?? I run a bid into the LI terminal and was surprised to see we moved back to the old place.. Any input from drivers that have laid over would be appreciated.
Thanks
Really , instead of starting my post with "What The Heck" , I wanted to say WTF! LOL (a little comic relief, verrry little)

OK, to dispel any of the trucker rumors here are the facts... Mclean Super 8 motel has in the last few months replaced all carpeting rooms hallways all tiled areas with new floor tile etc.. , replaced all sinks, toilets, fixtures, TV's installed new water softeners and filtration system, new expanded breakfast bar with hot grill , cereal, bagels, yogurt, donuts, bananas , apples, juice ,coffee.purchased a new van to service our account. are currently installing new windows for energy efficientcy ( my spell check doesn't work). but you get the picture here.. The TM told me he was getting driver complaints, REALLY???
there is the Dixie TS with a restaurant and buffet and subways, Mcdonalds, two quickie marts all within a block or two of walking distance. The shuttle van is ALWAYS on time with practically no wait to get picked up. The TM also said there was NO rate increase and both motels charged the same $$... so, I can go on and on but I would like some input if there was anything at all wrong with the Super 8 or is the TM pulling my leg.
I cant believe anyone wanting to go back to the old atlanta inn.. just my opinion I dont want to go into the atlanta inn because there isn't enough internet bandwidth to cover that point.. Peace Out Brothers and Sisters
:)

Don't like motel rooms ?? always the Sleeper option then ??
35141757766_f9e1b5df43_b.jpg

I was on the LI lay down when we switched to the Super 8. Found bed bugs in rooms, leaking ceiling on first floor room, hvac that didn’t work, same piece of dog food in the corner of the bathroom in one room (only got cleaned up when they redid the floors), the juice in the breakfast bar came with a side of mold, the blimpie that’s owned by the same guy got shut down by the health department, several times I had to wait 2 hours for them to come get me. That’s just off the top of my head.

The Atlanta inn on the other hand, was always clean, never found bugs, friendly staff, it was just very dated. It’s much better now, they fixed it up a lot.

I was on the LI lay down when we switched to the Super 8. Found bed bugs in rooms, leaking ceiling on first floor room, hvac that didn’t work, same piece of dog food in the corner of the bathroom in one room (only got cleaned up when they redid the floors), the juice in the breakfast bar came with a side of mold, the blimpie that’s owned by the same guy got shut down by the health department, several times I had to wait 2 hours for them to come get me. That’s just off the top of my head.

The Atlanta inn on the other hand, was always clean, never found bugs, friendly staff, it was just very dated. It’s much better now, they fixed it up a lot.
Im sorry but I lay there twice a week nice story but BS.. sure your talking about the same motel? look at the rodeway inn atlanta il on google a see their rating of 2 stars
it is disgusting and got bed bug bites to prove what I say. Filled out an incident report.. did you? Anyway we will have a choice so it should all work out may the better of the two win our business

BTW... I run out of Memphis where do you run out of?

6eH1fLT.jpg

Im sorry but I lay there twice a week nice story but BS.. sure your talking about the same motel? look at the rodeway inn atlanta il on google a see their rating of 2 stars
it is disgusting and got bed bug bites to prove what I say. Filled out an incident report.. did you? Anyway we will have a choice so it should all work out may the better of the two win our business

I run out of MS, I laid there 2x week for 2 years until this last april, I am very familiar with both places. I am not saying the Atlanta Inn is any better, just that the Super 8 isn't an upgrade. The Dixie is complete garbage, the food is terrible on both the buffet and the menu. The water at the Mcdonadls is yellow and off tasting so it makes everything taste off. At least Atlanta had the Dollar General, Caseys, and the Country-Aire restraunt, all of which are decent or really good.
hD7z3IT.jpg

I run out of MS, I laid there 2x week for 2 years until this last april, I am very familiar with both places. I am not saying the Atlanta Inn is any better, just that the Super 8 isn't an upgrade. The Dixie is complete garbage, the food is terrible on both the buffet and the menu. The water at the Mcdonadls is yellow and off tasting so it makes everything taste off. At least Atlanta had the Dollar General, Caseys, and the Country-Aire restraunt, all of which are decent or really good.
hD7z3IT.jpg
Dang! I know you! Anonymity is my specialty lol!
WHY didnt you say anything to the owner? You never compained to me about it.. well we will have a choice now... so you got bumped?

hD7z3IT.jpg
thats a tick or something aint a bed bug

unfortunatley no I dont remember but once he took 30 minutes to pick me up other than that it was pretty prompt compared to other places I bid to... and going back always on time. Yeah I stayed at the atlanta inn and stayed in the same room that had a vodka bottle and a holland log book under the bed a year ago, and guess what?... Its still there under the bed not to mention the fridge has black mold in it, they had to plunge the toilet even after i put the paper in the basket because i knew their plumbing always backed up..
BfXWoS0.jpg

4AucG76.jpg

I know who you are too. Yeah I got bumped. You knew about the delays, you were there for a few of them. I complained about all this to Raj and the TM.
got more pics I sent to the BA that are actually disgusting with toilet overflow all happened Thursday..I slept in my clothes wouldnt dare shower in that filthy bathroom for one reason I ran the water and soap scum started forming where they didnt clean out the shower.. I got my work call at 1800 I was at the terminal by 1830 staring out the window of my truck till i got loaded... when I got home, my wife made me put all my stuff in the garage and strip down go directly to the shower because of the last incident with that motel.. nope aint going back srrry

I know who you are too. Yeah I got bumped. You knew about the delays, you were there for a few of them. I complained about all this to Raj and the TM.
dont get me wrong here no disrespect to you. we always got along and i value that.. but here i must agree to disagree...

9NkgsfP.jpg

almost forgot... that rodent smell is still there, but now they moved the traps to the outside instead of the hallway

Last edited: