Holland | Atlanta Motel

the5tolls

Wait till 2024....we'll show em!
Credits
Heard a rumor that there was a big gang bangers shoot em up between the motel and the KFC in Atlanta over the weekend and were out of that ::shit:: hole. Anybody hear anything? Same person said a certain unfriendly person behind the window got fired at the terminal there?

They fired our linehaul dispatcher..She supposedly fudge numbers and did lots of things that pissed a few ofour Atlanta drivers off.She recently had a tractor towed from our dock to our shop at 3am a couple weeks ago.A nice pretty wrecker all lit up like a Christmas tree got called to move a tractor 100 yards or less.
As far as the shooting I haven't heard but I did see a posting up today stating drivers had new (different) hotel.I believe it was the Comfort Inn in Forest Park.
It's bulls hit truck drivers can't carry weapons to protect themselves.

A lot of drivers had issues with that dispatcher but I will say she was good about keeping assigned tractors around. Stuff is already getting sent out with anybody and everybody now that she’s gone.

And that new motel isn’t in any better of an area than the old one was and there’s a lot less to eat around it, but the rooms have to be better than what was at the old one.

A lot of drivers had issues with that dispatcher but I will say she was good about keeping assigned tractors around. Stuff is already getting sent out with anybody and everybody now that she’s gone.

And that new motel isn’t in any better of an area than the old one was and there’s a lot less to eat around it, but the rooms have to be better than what was at the old one.

Heard a rumor that there was a big gang bangers shoot em up between the motel and the KFC in Atlanta over the weekend and were out of that :::shit::: hole. Anybody hear anything? Same person said a certain unfriendly person behind the window got fired at the terminal there?
Just confirmed from foreign road driver there was a shooting and murder last Friday.
Same driver told me when they stayed at the best western in Stockbridge ( close to where the shootout was) that he and another driver got robbed at gunpoint in the lobby of motel.They caught the perpetrators and both drivers had to go to court.
One got 15 years because he had been in trouble before and the other got 10 month probation. Ten friggin months probation for robbing a man of his will with a gun in his face.Hell a kid with a pound of pot would get much worse than that.
The union and the ATA need to aggressively fight to give commercial drivers gun rights.
A friggin 18 year old can have one in his car but a truck driver cant? Wtf.

Heard a rumor that there was a big gang bangers shoot em up between the motel and the KFC in Atlanta over the weekend and were out of that :::shit::: hole. Anybody hear anything? Same person said a certain unfriendly person behind the window got fired at the terminal there?
Att: The Safety Dept. should maybe address this problem , as it is a Safety Issue !!

Seriously, stop and look around break room, do you really want EVERYONE packing heat, that can drive a truck. Stop in truck stop for 10 minutes and you will change your mind. We have guys that can’t even follow dress code you think they will follow concealed carry code.

Seriously, stop and look around break room, do you really want EVERYONE packing heat, that can drive a truck. Stop in truck stop for 10 minutes and you will change your mind. We have guys that can’t even follow dress code you think they will follow concealed carry code.

Every American citizen should have the right to protect themselves at all times.Do you think gang bangers follow concealed carry code?

Every American citizen should have the right to protect themselves at all times.Do you think gang bangers follow concealed carry code?
I believe if you have a ccw and you are in your own state or traveling through or in a state that honors reciprocity with your state, you are in your right to carry. Employer rules are different obviously for employee carrying or possession on or in company property.

YRCW's 62 mile per hour tractors are incredibly more dangerous to the motoring public than any truck driver with a state issued ccw.

I believe if you have a ccw and you are in your own state or traveling through or in a state that honors reciprocity with your state, you are in your right to carry. Employer rules are different obviously for employee carrying or possession on or in company property.

Agree but the driver should have the right to say hell no I'm not staying there.
But the law stops owner operators from carrying as well .
The company puts you in a position that has you staying in unfamiliar rooms and vulnerable to crime.Those motels their employees stay in aren't their property.
I think drivers should be able to have an unloaded weapon with no bullets in clip until they get to hotel.
It will never happen legally but many drivers are packing anyway and I don't blame them.

Agree but the driver should have the right to say hell no I'm not staying there.
But the law stops owner operators from carrying as well .
The company puts you in a position that has you staying in unfamiliar rooms and vulnerable to crime.Those motels their employees stay in aren't their property.
I think drivers should be able to have an unloaded weapon with no bullets in clip until they get to hotel.
It will never happen legally but many drivers are packing anyway and I don't blame them.
I agree you shouldn't stay in a ::shit:: hole. Last time I stayed in AT, I was walking out of the elevator going to the room with food and you could hear gunshots behind the hotel from the small wooded area behind the place. They weren't hunting, and there is no gun club in that small wooded area.
But you need to check on gun laws for yourself. If you have a ccw you are allowed to carry driving a cmv if your ccw permit is reciprocal in the state you are in or driving through.
But you have to have a ccw permit.
Now Holland may have a problem with it, but the DOT and state and local police won't.

I agree you shouldn't stay in a :::shit::: hole. Last time I stayed in AT, I was walking out of the elevator going to the room with food and you could hear gunshots behind the hotel from the small wooded area behind the place. They weren't hunting, and there is no gun club in that small wooded area.
But you need to check on gun laws for yourself. If you have a ccw you are allowed to carry driving a cmv if your ccw permit is reciprocal in the state you are in or driving through.
But you have to have a ccw permit.
Now Holland may have a problem with it, but the DOT and state and local police won't.

Wow, I didn't know that.Time to get a cow!!!
Great article..I've never ran the road but I always thought it was federal law in the U.S. for commercial vehicles not to have weapons. I didn't realize it was state to state.

Last edited:
I agree 100% just going from experience on what I see. See too many people walking around with piece hanging out of back pocket not secured. Unfortunately we have list responsibility and respect.

I agree 100% just going from experience on what I see. See too many people walking around with piece hanging out of back pocket not secured. Unfortunately we have list responsibility and respect.

It really sad we live in a society that people feel the need for a gun in their own homes in order to feel safe