Estes | Atlanta terminals

youngingo

TB Lurker
Credits
I applied for the Regional position at the Ellenwood and West atl terminal. How's the environment there? If I get hired and started "extraboard" (I think that's what it's called) how long would it be till a home daily run gets opened up? On extraboard I'm out 5 days back 2, if I wanted to stay home an extra day or come back a day early would they be fine with that? How much miles can I expect and where will I be running?

Sorry if this bothers anyone.. I called but the person I spoke to had no idea about anything besides what the top pay was lol

Expect to be extraboard at least a couple years. Most of the freight is at Ellenwood (041) so if a bid run is your goal that's where you should try to get on.

You'll have a set start day. You'll be expected to be ready to roll that night. You can stay out longer if you like, or start a day earlier but in that case you're still expected to be out until the end of your normal week. If you want time off around that, you can ask and as long as too many people aren't off they'll work with you.

Expect around 2500-3000 miles a week. You'll usually stay within about 1000 miles of your home terminal. Out of Atlanta, expect Florida, Tennessee, Texas, Indiana, North Carolina...

I applied for the Regional position at the Ellenwood and West atl terminal. How's the environment there? If I get hired and started "extraboard" (I think that's what it's called) how long would it be till a home daily run gets opened up? On extraboard I'm out 5 days back 2, if I wanted to stay home an extra day or come back a day early would they be fine with that? How much miles can I expect and where will I be running?

Sorry if this bothers anyone.. I called but the person I spoke to had no idea about anything besides what the top pay was lol
What's the top out pay? Did they tell you the starting pay?