Yellow | Attendance policy

MasChingon63

TB Lurker
Credits
While most of you have spent days calling in sick we in the West have had this strict policy since the merge. And to this date in Line Haul at 640 1 guy has been terminated and a few suspended. Hey they wanted off anyways!
So it works like this,
(1st) Verbal Warning
(2nd) Warning letter
(3rd) 1 day suspension
(4th) 3 day suspension
(5th) Discharge

While most of you have spent days calling in sick we in the West have had this strict policy since the merge. And to this date in Line Haul at 640 1 guy has been terminated and a few suspended. Hey they wanted off anyways!
So it works like this,
(1st) Verbal Warning
(2nd) Warning letter
(3rd) 1 day suspension
(4th) 3 day suspension
(5th) Discharge

We presently have a 9 month duration of offenses, in that if no further offenses are committed, one returns to level 2. One verbal is all that is required for your lifetime.

It does not say in the summary that this, in fact, will be the policy. It is too vague as presently stated.

What is the guideline? Does 1 unexcused absence count as 1st violation? Too much of a grey area for me.

It really depends on location. As far as I know at Chicago Heights road absentee is per incident NOT a per day offense. In other words once you call off you remain out of service until YOU call yourself back in service. But regardless of days (up to 7) one absentee.

So they can tell you to go home we have no work for you today (shape) & that's ok it's the nature of the business but you cannot have a day off that isn't pre approved. this after they have fired or laid off thousands

F..em. Do what you want when you want,,that's the way I look at it after all we have done...It's Ok for them to miss when ever they fill the need...Corp SCUM... And we are the ones making them rich...It sickens me,,,really how we get pissed on...

Why should we pay for their problems they created their own issues with the reduced starting rate of 70 or 85 percent and then added a 15 percent giveback to anyone who starts now for about 65 percent of the rate who would work for 12 or 14 dollars and are on call without a regular workweek. they can go flip burgers for that kind of money and have a regular schedule.

Why should we pay for their problems they created their own issues with the reduced starting rate of 70 or 85 percent and then added a 15 percent giveback to anyone who starts now for about 65 percent of the rate who would work for 12 or 14 dollars and are on call without a regular workweek. they can go flip burgers for that kind of money and have a regular schedule.

If McDonalds is paying $12-$14 let me know. Last I heard fast food workers are wildcat striking to get $11!

Just out of curiosity what constitutes an unexcused absence? With Con-way it was an absence without 3 hours notice to your start time (if you had one) or even an illness call-out EVEN WITH a doctor's excuse if the vacation calendar was full.

Just out of curiosity what constitutes an unexcused absence? With Con-way it was an absence without 3 hours notice to your start time (if you had one) or even an illness call-out EVEN WITH a doctor's excuse if the vacation calendar was full.

If you call out (contractually, 2 hours) prior to your "start" time, and do not have one of your five allotted annual sick paid days remaining in a calendar year, you are UE, unexcused.

So,if you call in sick on Monday and am not available til the following Monday is that 1 offense or is each day after the 1st day an unexcused abs
ense til you return to work the following Monday?

So,if you call in sick on Monday and am not available til the following Monday is that 1 offense or is each day after the 1st day an unexcused abs

At Holland you better have a doctors excuse for the week when you return to work. It's amazing how sick days are used for playtime in the summer and when fall and winter hits (flue season) nobody has sick time. All you hear is how sorry TM is for issuing warning letters for unexcused absent ism. You know a responsible man would have time off in reserve for himself and children. Damn they even allow us (Holland) to use emergency vacation days and people are still getting suspension.

FMLA.......When it became Law I figured it would just protect the Small Employer workers......Little did I know. :shrug:

One continuous absence, without a 72 hour notice of recall from the company, is considered one offense.

If you are @ panels, a week off without reasonable explanation, reflects poorly.

At Holland you better have a doctors excuse for the week when you return to work. It's amazing how sick days are used for playtime in the summer and when fall and winter hits (flue season) nobody has sick time. All you hear is how sorry TM is for issuing warning letters for unexcused absent ism. You know a responsible man would have time off in reserve for himself and children. Damn they even allow us (Holland) to use emergency vacation days and people are still getting suspension.

Would be nice to be able to carry over unused sick days. And you can brake up at least 2weeks vacation into individually days.